Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

For Those Who Wish To Be Mr. Perfect. (god Made Us Plain And Simple) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Those Who Wish To Be Mr. Perfect. (god Made Us Plain And Simple) (853 Views)

My Mothers Ugly Wish / Strickly For Those Who Wish To Get Married / I Wish To Send My Husband Back To Nigeria, He Irritates Me Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Wish To Be Mr. Perfect. (god Made Us Plain And Simple) by Pholes(m): 1:05am On Aug 15, 2013
Shall I start by reminding you what the first remark of the Creator was when He finished with the work of creating what we can all see today, including the human beings? The first remark He made was indeed a very satisfactory one. His reaction and disposition towards what He created was also not disappointing. The Bible says;
“God looked at everything He had made, and He was very pleased.” Gen. 1.31
Could God have been pleased with what was not perfect? Could He have been happy with what seemed disappointing? Definitely NOT! His intention actually was to make something that would display his glory and perfectness. If God actually were a perfect God, He assuredly would not go for anything less than what He was capable of moulding. So I say to you dear reader, God is perfect. God made us all perfect! Believe me, YOU ARE A PERFECT BEING!
“What are you trying to tell me? I mean I know it, that I am not perfect. In fact not only me, I know few others that are not perfect. I do make some mistakes. In fact, I misbehave every day.” I believe you. I also surely understand you. I never said you were above mistakes, neither did I say you never misbehaved. I was just trying to tell you what you actually are; I mean what you were when God created you. At least you know I didn’t write the Bible. I sincerely commend you for discerning the truth, and also saying it. You know you are susceptible to errors and you do not deny it. I respect you for that. But do you know that that was actually pointing you to the fact that something is wrong somewhere and that something went wrong somewhere. Since the Creator Himself testified that He made you perfect, and that you are a perfect being, what do we say against that? What do we even say concerning that? I repeat, you are a perfect being!
However, I will not want you to get things wrong. Certainly, something has gone amiss. And that is why this book was written. This chapter is specifically written to reveal certain things to you.
“God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated” Eccl 7.29
Calm down; let me tell you how and where things went amiss. I know you have been hearing people putting the blame on Adam and Eve. Yes they are right, but it is more than that. When God created man, He created man to be healthy and active. Though He never wanted man to do things that could bring about unwarranted complications, still He arranged for man to be in charge of all the things He created. But man felt discontented with the position he held. He wanted to know all things. He wanted to be involved in all affairs. He wanted to be heard in all matters. He wanted to be in control of every situation. He never wanted to be under any authority. He wanted to be the one in authority. It got to a point, man craved to be the authority that others would revere. Dear reader, that was where it started from. Eve wanted to know what was behind what God forbade them to know. She wanted to know as God knew. Adam wanted to be involved in all affairs. He couldn’t miss tasting the fruit, in as much some mortal had tasted it. Perhaps, he felt that would give Eve an edge over him. That he never wanted.
Now you see where the whole thing emanated from. Let us stop here for a while. Could you just kindly check the points above, use it to check your life style, and see where you’re censured. This may be where your imperfection lies. May be we start with that. God made us plain and simple, but through our greed, selfishness, self- centredness, and acquisitiveness, we have become complicated and problematic. Eccl 7:2. God made men and women true and upright; we're the ones who've made a mess of things. God made people good, but they have found many ways to be bad. Still we’re becoming worse day in day out.

Simplicity, the Secret of Perfection
I challenge you with this, get simple! You want to be perfect? You want people’s admiration and respect, simplicity is the secret. Get simple with your lifestyle- the way you dress, the way you talk. Get simple with the way you do things.
The best definition for simplicity is found in the book of first Corinthians chapter number fourteen verse forty. “Let all things be done decently and in order.” You must always do things in a decent, proper, acceptable, moderate and orderly way. Do not give criticism a chance. Do not allow people to find fault in you. Do not dress in such ways that you know you cannot escape being faulted. The following are the ways you can know a very simple man.
Characteristics of A simple man
a. He is always happy and pleased with himself
b. He is conscious and cautious of his speech and actions
c. He meticulous about the people he has as friends
d. He is surely a disciplined man
e. He is respected and well- honored
f. He prefers to let people know his mind instead of keeping malice
g. He rarely gets angry.
h. He abhors violence
i. He doesn’t smoke
j. He eats and drinks responsibly
k. He is moderate in his dressing
l. He is very conscious of his appearance, though very simple at it.
m. He frowns at corruption
n. He is never sentimental in judgment.
o. He is full of love and charity.

Take time to digest the qualities of a simple man. Picture yourself as man robed in all the above listed virtues. Why would you not be respected? Why wouldn’t people start looking up to you for counsels? Dear reader, if you have not been simple enough just as that simple man described above, then you just need some small work to do. Work on yourself. Do you want to hear the truth? That man above is what God wanted you to be. He wanted a simple life as such for you and me. Why not go back to that old way and see if you would not be the highly reckoned- with man you have always wanted to be.
In case you have forgotten, we are on a journey towards perfection. We are certainly progressing. Do not forget, Simplicity is the #1 secret of perfection. Remind yourself this fact every morning.

(1) (Reply)

Test Every Nigerian Parent Should Give Their Child / If U Were Given Powers To Bring Someone Back To Life Who Would U Choose?? / Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.