Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,664 members, 7,885,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL (18413 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
deeptesting:

Don't tribalise issues here are you so intellectually backward that you cannot counter the issues raise by those you claim to be Igbos? We should look beyond tribal sentiment to move our country forward,I am a Lagosian and a Nigeria,going round the 57 local government underscores the development and media hype accorded BRF, considering Lagos state annual budget and internal generated revenue and also the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state is not accessible,why? These are facts that we want you to counter and don't forget the fact that Igbo's or Hausa or Yoruba in Lagos pay taxes by which LASG generate fund,so the fund is not Fashola's or Yoruba's.
thats wat am saying show me the fact. i'm not a fool, i did philosopy in sch. facts are not human imagination which are corrupted by our sentiments.
where did get your facts frm. post it here and lets see it.
dont ever in ur life come here and say so and so percent therefore blah blah like tapwater.
we are not fools we can also read nd write.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Akainzo(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
vislabraye:

Dangote is owing who ? I guess you'll say BiLl Gate is also owing. Dangote may have borrowed in the past but he's very solvent.
It seems like ur telling me that owing is now a virtue and an evidence of shrewdness. You can see the problem Nigeria went through accumulating debts. Okay Oh.

You have confirmed that you missed many economics classes back in school otherwise you would know that debt is not a bad thing. When the list of Bank Debtors was published in Nigeria, did you not see his name?

As I type this I have debts, but guess what, I do have more assets than debts as those debts have helped me to finance my asset acquisition ventures. And when you knock off my debts to my assets, you can still proclaim me the richest man in Nigeria. Was that too hard for you to grasp?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Akainzo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
telexfree1:

Idiat
Wouldn't you rather be in China's position that has over $3 trillion in its current account known as one of the world's largest creditors than being the US with over $ 14 trillion debt.
Are you aware of how many jobs the US has lost to China ? I guess not. Do some research on fundamental analysis and come back.

PS. Stop adding to my posts .

You are an ignoramus. Go spend some of your money to purchase SSE Economics textbooks rather than a data plan. If you di ourchase a data plan, please learn to use google as a simple search would have let you know that China has a debt profile of $771B.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Mekanze: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Some people are just plain stupid and innumerate
First of all let us distribute that 20 billion naira per head .
That is thousand naira. Barely $7/head.
Note that a lot of work has to be done to even raise this revenue.
What can you do with this amount of money

Over a 1000 public schools,many of whom contain children of economic refugees from other state who have been discarded .
An extensive network of roads,bridges and drainage which has to be consistently and frequently maintained.
The massive security challenges.
The large amount of refuse generated .
Which refuse are u talking about? The one that we paid from our pocket for them to pack or which one u are talking about!
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Inoknowbook: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

You just ended up making a fool of yourself. When has being peaceful become one of the indices for measuring development? You don't keep providing infrastructure month in month out. Besides, where are those infrastructures that you are trumpeting, if not those provided at the vantage parts of lagos? Go to the inner cities, like ajegunle, mushin, agege, ogba etc and show us the kind of development going on there. Fashola is clever enough to develop those areas of Lagos that are most visible. And by the way, always try to back up your point with facts.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by eph12(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

bro what he is just trying to say is that they are all d same. Shikena. He is trying, yes, but not at 100%. IMHO he is still one of d very few best leaders we have right now.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by agbameta: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
I no know book:

When has being peaceful become one of the indices for measuring development?

Peace and stability is the number 1 requirement for investment and development and we are seeing the results in terms of investments and development activities in the SW.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ketoprofen(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2013

Lagos has always been the number 1 investment destination in Nigeria, fashola or no fashola....

And dont tell me u are surprised abt it
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by clint77ng: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2013

Looks like a comment from a kindergaten. If the FG projects are concentrated in an area, human beings wouldn't see any space to walk on.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Akiika: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
CACOL should concentrate on Governments that is doing nothing first (abundant in Nigeria) rather than looking for a cheap publicity with a Governor that is doing something...overblown or not.
Or is it because Fashola refused to give brown envelope.....he prefers his work to speak for him.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
fashola is a fraud
tinubu is a thief
apc is a looting machine
buhari is a bokoharamite
lai mohammed is a lier
elrufai is sick and confused
faruk is a crook
ffk is a fckin LovePeddler
rochas is dead politically
lagos don baje.......but lagosians have not realised this yet

GEJ is fresh air
GEJ till 2019

signed
Team fresh air

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by deeptesting(m): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
jemman:
thats wat am saying show me the fact. i'm not a fool, i did philosopy in sch. facts are not human imagination which are corrupted by our sentiments.
where did get your facts frm. post it here and lets see it.
dont ever in ur life come here and say so and so percent therefore blah blah like tapwater.
we are not fools we can also read nd write.

Thank you, my fact is based on my tour of some local government in Lagos State,as i earlier stated the report of the organization did not say that BRF is docile but his performance is been over-hyped considering the enormous resources at his disposal and his projects budget are shrewd in secrecy which keeps his administration far from transparency and accountability that it has been accorded..A tour of Ejigbo and Alimosho Local government where i happened to visit regularly underscores the over hyped achievement of his administration. I am working on a project which is tailored towards exposing some facts not just about Lagos State but the entire States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,you will be astonished at the level of fraud perpetuated by the various state government.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by clint77ng: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
telexfree1:

Idiat
Wouldn't you rather be in China's position that has over $3 trillion in its current account known as one of the world's largest creditors than being the US with over $ 14 trillion debt.
Are you aware of how many jobs the US has lost to China ? I guess not. Do some research on fundamental analysis and come back.

PS. Stop adding to my posts .
Dont mind them. They will call GEJ retardeen whereas they r the real retardeen. I wonder how i will go and borrow money to buy a car or a house when i have the money. Its plain stupid.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
deb:

Are you really comparing Lagos to Akwa-Ibom? I've been to Akwa-Ibom, Yes the Governor is doing great, but do you realize that its easier for states with predominantly forest lurking right and left of their roads to be transformed than a state like Lagos? You clear the forest and put beautiful structures and people can easily be wowed at the "wonderful work". Please Lagos is much more complex than that
Although you write like one of those guys who live in the fools paradise! But i'll give U some credibility by asking you a simple question only because u claim u've bin in akwa ibom b4. Pls when and where did u find d "predominantly forests lurking left and right the roads in akwa ibom"?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by OneDrop: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2013

Olodo,You made no point.As former federal capital,Lagos is sitting on Federal infrastructure which infrastructure does lagos gov. provides? pipe born water? Electricity? My friend, wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Criticalobs: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2013

You must tell yourself the truth it not about tribalism here, Debo is right. Should he need concretising his findings we will help him and I tell you Lagosians and indeed Nigerian who are paying these moneys will weep for Lagos and Nigeria and man's inhumanity to man. They will all go the way of James Ibori or face the wrath of God.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by OneDrop: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Those who believe Fashola has achieved as a governor should start listing his achievements... no oint beating about the bush!
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
deeptesting:

Thank you, my fact is based on my tour of some local government in Lagos State,as i earlier stated the report of the organization did not say that BRF is docile but his performance is been over-hyped considering the enormous resources at his disposal and his projects budget are shrewd in secrecy which keeps his administration far from transparency and accountability that it has been accorded..A tour of Ejigbo and Alimosho Local government where i happened to visit regularly underscores the over hyped achievement of his administration. I am working on a project which is tailored towards exposing some facts not just about Lagos State but the entire States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,you will be astonished at the level of fraud perpetuated by the various state government.
why not expose your own state governor is he any beta than fashola
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by deeptesting(m): 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
jemman:
why not expose your own state governor is he any beta than fashola

I hope you don't have comprehension problem and who told I am not a Lagosian?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by badesco(m): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
talktimi: Any governor can pave a few roads and plant a few flowers, call the press and people will clap for him saying he's the best thing since ice cream was invented. Now the LASG is blaming its ineptitude on the influx of non Lagosians into the state which i rate as a very lazy argument but suprisingly my "enlightened & sophisticated" fellow electorate have bought into this silly excuse. The LASG isnt paying these "foreigners" or even "indigents" any form of welfare allowance but rather enforcing one of the most effective tax regimes this country has ever seen at least in recent times. Education, health care, transportation etc sector by sector there would have been a far bigger revolution with 20 billion naira monthly & over 600 billion in loans than is presently on ground and that is the bitter truth. The solution starts by handing LG's their autonomy since they're closer to the masses. The FG is an argument for another day.

you are quite correct. the present regime of BRF is so secretive on its finacies of the state. too bad for democracy
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by badesco(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
Maxymilliano:

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-govs-performance-overblown-cacol/

the assertion here is right to some extent. when BRF leaves office, he would probably be only Governor that squanders the state resources nmore than any other Governors either serving or retired.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by plaindealer: 12:48am On Aug 17, 2013
S/N DESCRIPTION TIME FRAME BUDGET VENUE

CACOL Annual Conference and Retreat Dec 28-30 N 2, 500,000.00 Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja

Debriefing/Dissemination of needs result and comparative analysis of budget proposals Nov 25 – Dec 2 N3, 600, 000. 00

Protest marches against anti-people budgets by CACOL Chapters Dec 2 – Dec 23 N3, 600, 000.00

Regional Launch of POCACON Oct 7 – Nov 11 N2, 600,000.00

CACOL’s Founders Day/ National Seminar on Mass Action against Corruption in Nigeria Sept 30 N1, 800,000.00 Labour House, abuja

Quarterly Press Conference/Training of Members and Journalists on Budget Analysis, Tracking and Monitoring July 8 N l, 300,000.00 CCG, Ilupeju

Submission of copies of Protest letters on Petitions to National Assembly­ April 29 N 1,600, 000.00 Three Arms zone, Abuja

http://www.cacol.thehumanitycentre.org/index.php/en/our-programmes

Millions on ordinary press conference, millions just to read and analyze budget, millions on retreat aka igbadun, faaji, miliki at airport hotel..

These fraud and clowns have no business saying anything about corruption, they are scamming people lefy and right to support their own elite lifestyle all over the country. With the kind of money they spend on trivial things like ordinary press conference, they sound worse than the other looters in Abuja

Where application dey make I join this CACOl people sef grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Iyegbu(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2013
Some of the comments i read here are so sentimental especially those who think Fashola is above criticism. The Lagos state budget is 10% that of the Federal government and considering her size development should be very visible. I was shocked last year when Fashola said the budget was 80% implemented as at the 3rd quarter last year, i was like where has 300 billion naira gone into. This government needs to be probed.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ba7man(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2013
Why is it that its mostly easterners that oppose Fashola's Govt?? Considering their own definition of a well Governed State is Akwa-Ibom, A state that barely has a population of 5 million, tiny urban sprawls and receives more allocation than Lagos State with a far larger urban sprawl( you can hardly find undeveloped areas ) and population shows the level of intelligence in the foundation of their arguements.

No one is above criticism but the fixation on Fashola is stoopid considering the fact that their own States are doin far worse and they choose to ignore that fact.

Its a reflection of Nigeria, that's why the nation is backwards. The majority are and they'll oppose anyone that tries to effect change just to justify their backwardness.

I also noticed this trend of large numbers of "likes" on highly stupid posts. Its also a reflection of the fact that there are more unintelligent people in this country than intelligent ones.......

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by udohzone(m): 11:10am On Aug 17, 2013
Kairoseki77: Looks like the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders has received an envelope recently. SMH.

Valid questions have been raised. You've said nothing but insinuate like every other person. I would wanna agree with the writer of the article that Fashola is more MEDIA than what we see happening......
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by udohzone(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2013
Iyegbu: Some of the comments i read here are so sentimental especially those who think Fashola is above criticism. The Lagos state budget is 10% that of the Federal government and considering her size development should be very visible. I was shocked last year when Fashola said the budget was 80% implemented as at the 3rd quarter last year, i was like where has 300 billion naira gone into. This government needs to be probed.

Thanks alot for drawing their attention to it all. I get bothered when people speak of fashola & you would be wondering which lagos they are talking about. The same lagos I've been a resident since birth.

Appreciate your comment and looking forth to reading more from enlightened minds....
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ba7man(m): 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
udohzone:

Thanks alot for drawing their attention to it all. I get bothered when people speak of fashola & you would be wondering which lagos they are talking about. The same lagos I've been a resident since birth.

Appreciate your comment and looking forth to reading more from enlightened minds....
Why don't both of you get a room??

Liar, resident since birth?? Are you 8 yrs old??

So the clearing of Oshodi isn't change?? (Did u believe it was possible??)

The cleaning up of Obalende?? (Did you belive it was possible??)

The street lights you see driving at night through the Island, Carter bridge, Eko bridge, Surulere, Ikeja, Ikorodu road, Yaba with expanded roads to include sidewalks in locations possible and street signs.

the newly constructed pedestrian bridges,

those dirty markets by the roads that are no more, the posters that were stuck all over walls and bridges defacing them, the shanties attached to foot of bridges.

lawlessness by public transporters, the end of the Molue bus,
T
the disappearance of rubbish heaps by the roads,

the garbage trucks that come pick up dirt once a week,

the current re-construction of Ikorodu rd, Badagry expressway,

The LASG estates springing up around,

The hospitals and maternity centers around.

Those amoured vehichles the police use.

The lekki link bridge (Have you seen a bridge like that in Nigeria in your life?? ), the mushin isolo link bridge.

The beautification of Ikorodu road and other locations that were previously hide-outs for miscreants and illegal markets.

The elevated rail lines(Have you seen any project like that in Nigeria in your life)??

I can go on and on......well if you choose to still remain blind, its your loss but be careful who you choose as your intellectuals......the blind looking up to the blind for direction.

Prove to me that I'm lying and you havnt noticed all what I put up there......except you live in a slum waiting to be demolished by Fashola and you don't come out for any reason.....But you're also an easterner so i see where you're coming from.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Boss13: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fantastic report. I have said this previously. Fashola is overhyped. No be the same Lagos we dey so? Or am I in a different state? There are so many silent achievers whome people do not sing and dance so much for. But to note, Fashola is working (with a slow pace). The money Lagos generates does not match the present infrastructure in the state.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
deeptesting:

I hope you don't have comprehension problem and who told I am not a Lagosian?
even a lagosian but igbo 4 ur own mind or maybe pdp fools

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tension, As Saraki Names Committee Heads, Deputies / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / I Don’t Have A Heart Disease – Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.