Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,781 members, 7,879,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:28 PM

Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 (19077 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians / Lagos State To Impound Right Handed Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Godson201333(m): 1:44am On Aug 16, 2013
The Federal Road Safety Commission in Rivers State says it will impound vehicles without the new number plates at the expiration of its October 1 deadline.

The Sector Commander, Dr. Kayode Olagunju, announced this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Olagunju said the enforcement would begin as scheduled if the Federal Government did not extend the deadline.

He said the use of old number plate and driving licence was partly responsible for the high rate of road traffic offences.

The sector commander added that the situation had made it difficult for road safety officials to track down offenders.

Olagunju said, “The present number plate and driving licence is meant to enhance the credibility of data and it will enhance safety of lives on the highways and assist in the area of security.

“The plate is highly reflective and which means the issue of collision (accident) at night is tackled.

“The present number plate is attached to individual rather than vehicles and which means that if I’m going to sell my vehicle now, I’m not expected to sell my vehicle with my number plate.

“When people know that when they commit traffic offences and they can be easily traced due to the number plate system, definitely, the rate of traffic offences will be on the decline.”

Source :http://www.punchng.com/news/number-plate-frsc-to-impound-vehicles-oct-1/

3 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
Rogues! Let them go ahead.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Soreza(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
total rubbish
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Ajibam: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
Okay...I will tell my dad

3 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
angry
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Pretyangel25(f): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ok. What next?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by tellwisdom: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
FRSC??..Another car snatcher group?? sad
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Mubby4luv(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
[quote aut grin grin ;Dhor=Ajibam]Okay...I will tell my dad[/quote] Lmao
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
When I get my car, I can now comment. 4 now no comment.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by usbcable(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
Godson201333: The Federal Road Safety Commission in Rivers State says it will impound vehicles without the new number plates at the expiration of its October 1 deadline.

The Sector Commander, Dr. Kayode Olagunju, announced this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Olagunju said the enforcement would begin as scheduled if the Federal Government did not extend the deadline.

He said the use of old number plate and driving licence was partly responsible for the high rate of road traffic offences.

The sector commander added that the situation had made it difficult for road safety officials to track down offenders.

Olagunju said, “The present number plate and driving licence is meant to enhance the credibility of data and it will enhance safety of lives on the highways and assist in the area of security.

“The plate is highly reflective and which means the issue of collision (accident) at night is tackled.

“The present number plate is attached to individual rather than vehicles and which means that if I’m going to sell my vehicle now, I’m not expected to sell my vehicle with my number plate.

“When people know that when they commit traffic offences and they can be easily traced due to the number plate system, definitely, the rate of traffic offences will be on the decline.”

Source :http://www.punchng.com/news/number-plate-frsc-to-impound-vehicles-oct-1/

sometimes I wonder why some public officials are dumb with and when they are lying.
grin

must he say that just to buttress their decision to force Nigerians to change theor vehicle plate numbers.
the week after the 1st october third mainland bridge go free wella for compliant cars.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
When I get my car I can now comment. 4 now no comment.

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by spenca: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
this some broke ass people
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by koolet: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Our leaders just wasting money on senseless allocations, same tin about changin the currency to paper, shey na ego be the next trend on line now?? What of social amenities, wat security, wat of corruption?? All na means of looting money sha.... NIgeria what iz da way foward??

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Rollingbiz: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
Na wa for this goodluck government no mercy at all inflicting hardship on Nigerians imaging every vehicle owner have to cought out N45,000 within a month. We are yet to recover from subsidy removal now it is new plate number. It is now time to rise up and chase this experimental governmental away. They don't know what they are doing at all well we shall survive.

6 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by GeneralJ(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
So its attschd to me and isell my car, do i have to get a new one?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by thegrinch(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
Shuo! shocked
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
These clowns have refused to issue my drivers license for no reason and they want to begin enforcement when they are not performing as expected?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Ogojohn(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
When they impound all vehicles without the new number plates in Nigeria then I will know if all there station can contain it. can't they see the writing on the wall. This is a failed project. Some folks will need to sell their vehicle in other to buy the plate number. Even the drivers license is unobtainable.

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by otokx(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
lari03: These clowns have refused to issue my drivers license for no reason and they want to begin enforcement when they are not performing as expected?

same here
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Kelechi2020(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
Good riddance to bad nonsense.
Thank God frsc has made it easy 4 me to steal and own a car.(who said this guys are not crazy?)i will remove the car plate number,push the real owner out of the car,put my own plate number,
Puffff,holala,the car is mine.9ja sweet die.

10 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Shaadey: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ok
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
[size=24pt]BIG GOVERNMENT[/size]
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
FRSC IS IMPOUNDING
SEUN AND MODS ARE BANNING
FASHOLA IS WORKING
PETER OBI IS WHINING
CHRIS NGIGE IS WINNING
AMOSUN IS DESTROYING
PATIENCE IS TALKING
BOKO HARAM IS BOMBING
PIPLINES ARE BREAKING
PLANES ARE CRASHING
ACCIDENTS ARE HAPPENING
ASUU IS STRIKING
PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING
GOODLUCK IS WATCHING
OTHERS ARE PINGING and
YOU ARE NAIRALANDING
THE BIG QUESTION IS;
WHO IS PRAYING FOR NIGERIA.....smh... I no fit shout

8 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
I hope this FRSC guys have like 3 LGAs of vacant land somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
what kinda plate broking plate??
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Exponental(m): 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
This is not fair, my plate no will be 2 yrs old in sept n my DL will expire next yr oct. Are they giving loan cos me I no get money oooo. Hope they dont expect me to sale d car to buy new plates n DL. Let them @ least extend d DL since they cannot manage d demands now.

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by fallingsky(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
How will the new number plate and driving licence ensure the safety of road users ?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by mosho2good: 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pls wat is plate number
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by otokx(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
FG will extend the deadline to December 31st.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by fuke(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
The civil right society should fight his.

They cannot pass their inefficiency to us.
I heard a plate no is about N25,000.
They have already formed a cartel to skin us.

It is absolute rubbish,

4 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nadoson: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
How can one get the plate numba @ 45k wen his car its self does not worth up to #45 if to b sold?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Common Reasons For Engine Oil Leakage In Cars / Code P1166/p1167 :Is Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Same As Oxygen Sensors? / Female Lagbus Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.