Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,198 members, 7,873,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline (1251 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by SterlingTowers(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2013
'Atlantic City affecting Lagos coastline'

2013-08-16 00:07:57

The Federal Government has said there is a need to monitor the Eko Atlantic City project due to the impact it is having on the environment.

"The Deputy Director, Erosion and Control, Federal Ministry Environment, Adekunle Oshekoye called for more action towards arresting the impacts of the sea-rise, ocean surge and consequent impacts of the Eko Atlantic City Project," a statement said on Thursday.

Environmental Stakeholders also stated at a meeting convened by the National Emergency Management Agency at the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, that there was a need for the regular environmental impacts assessment despite the position of Lagos State Government that the initial assessment of the project did not indicate any danger to the coastlines.

The stakeholders submitted that assessment on Lagos Lagoon, which is known as the most tumultuous and unstable West African coastlines, was necessary because of the daily human activities.

The Director of Search and Rescue, NEMA, Air Commodore Charles Otegbade, revealed that the ocean surge had caused physical damages to the premises of the 81 division of the Nigerian Army and other areas in other parts of the country

Punch News online
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by SterlingTowers(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2013
Is EKo Atlantic city project indeed ambitious or Federal GOvernment just want to play politics with it?
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by slimfit1(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2013
It's an unnecessary project to be honest. Why claim the sea when there are lots of lands available for use.
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Yorubest: 8:31am On Aug 16, 2013
Sterling Towers: Is EKo Atlantic city project indeed ambitious or Federal GOvernment just want to play politics with it?

Part of the project is the Great Wall of Lagos which aims at reducing the impact of the ocean surge on the Lagos coastline

I wonder why the FG is coming up with this when we shared the EIA with them in the first place?

So far, the land reclaimed has provided some barrier and reduced the ubiquitous ocean surges we were all too familiar with

God bless the city of Lagos

Nothing will stop this project and I repeat nothing

2 Likes

Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2013
omg I own a plot there
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by kelvincoll(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2013
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE, water no get enemy but when ocean water wan give you a big hug...... lipsrsealed

I hope to see the fruitful completion of the project though with a high assurance of safety
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2013
Absolute nonsense
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by dplordx(m): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2013
Obiagelli: Absolute nonsense

spoken like a nonsensical mor0n. you need to go to dubai and netherland to see where all their lands were taken from. only village fools living in anambra with too much akpu stuffing their brain speak like u
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by ba7man(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2013
They have explained it over and over again and true Lagosians have witnessed it but some block heads keep coming back to this same point.

V.I was about to be washed away before this project was conceived. This project saved V.I and its extension will save the whole coastline.

Anyone that's against this Project has no knowledge of what progress is. How daft can some people get?? No wonder Nigeria is backwards.

1 Like

Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Standing5(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2013
It means the water (in case of any upsurge) will now have to impact EAC first before "old" Lagos.
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2013
slim fit :
It's an unnecessary project to be honest. Why claim the sea when there are lots of lands available for use.

"Lots of land"? In Lagos? Where please?
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2013
dplordx:

spoken like a nonsensical mor0n. you need to go to dubai and netherland to see where all their lands were taken from. only village fools living in anambra with too much akpu stuffing their brain speak like u
I will take it that you didn't understand my post, i was actually referring to the Federal Ministry Environment who isnt making any sense in its assertion that the EAC is responsible for the recent ocean surge.

Btw what is wrong with living in anambra, you should travel more to see what other have before spewing crap.

Finally i don't deal in your tribal crap ok

1 Like

Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Olaolufred(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: They have explained it over and over again and true Lagosians have witnessed it but some block heads keep coming back to this same point.

V.I was about to be washed away before this project was conceived. This project saved V.I and its extension will save the whole coastline.

Anyone that's against this Project has no knowledge of what progress is. How daft can some people get?? No wonder Nigeria is backwards.

A PROOF THAT THE OCCUPIER OF ASO ROCK IS WHAT THEY CALLED HIM.

I WAS AT TARKWA BAY AND TRIED TO SEE THE PROGRESS OF THIS ILLUSTRIOUS PROJECT.

MEN, IT IS MEANT TO SAVE OUR COASTLINE.

WE MUST NOT POLITIZE EVERYTHING. THOUGH WE KNOW THAT IS WHAT FG UNDER JONA IS KNOWN FOR.

BUT, LET US BE SINCERE WHEN IT IS CLEAR ENOUGH.
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Yorubest: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2013
Olaolufred:

A PROOF THAT THE OCCUPIER OF ASO ROCK IS WHAT THEY CALLED HIM.

I WAS AT TARKWA BAY AND TRIED TO SEE THE PROGRESS OF THIS ILLUSTRIOUS PROJECT.

MEN, IT IS MEANT TO SAVE OUR COASTLINE.

WE MUST NOT POLITIZE EVERYTHING. THOUGH WE KNOW THAT IS WHAT FG UNDER JONA IS KNOWN FOR.

BUT, LET US BE SINCERE WHEN IT IS CLEAR ENOUGH.

Spot on bro

I wonder why some people will just sit hundreds of kilometers away doing nothing and frustrating the efforts of those that do just to drag the performers down to their mediocre level
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by bloggernaija: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
How can it be the problem when the whole of VI was about to be washed away.
Anybody with a house in lekki should blame himself.
That place is the swampiest of swamps .
So expect regular visits from the ocean.
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Zet72(m): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
Why are some people too daft & foolish, what bring GEJ into this news, is He the deputy director of erosion & control for federal ministry of environment...haba
Re: Atlantic City Affecting Lagos Coastline by Olaolufred(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Zet72: Why are some people too daft & foolish, what bring GEJ into this news, is He the deputy director of erosion & control for federal ministry of environment...haba

You said "Federal ministry of environment.
The ministry belong to Federal Government.
Will you query federal for what Lagos State ministry of Finance do?
No, it is Fashola that will account for that.
Simply, this is called responsibility. E je ki nkan tete maa yee yin.

(1) (Reply)

Why GEJ Re-election Is Unconstitutional / N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet / PHOTOS: Tony Blair Hosts Ex-nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.