Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,721 members, 7,889,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

Which Is Better For Hotspot Covering An Estate? Mikrotik Or Cloudtrex And Meraki - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is Better For Hotspot Covering An Estate? Mikrotik Or Cloudtrex And Meraki (618 Views)

I Need Mikrotik Or Pfsense Training / Wifi Hotspot Training (mikrotik Router) - Lagos / Wired/wireless Hotspot Setup(mikrotik/altamedia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better For Hotspot Covering An Estate? Mikrotik Or Cloudtrex And Meraki by Yorwa97: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hi guys,
I operate a small hotspot business. I have just been given an approval to blanket a particular estate with internet. Hotspot sort of. But am in dilemma on which network vendor to deploy. All along, I set my mind on using mikrotik(at least that is the only one i have used so far. ), until I stumbled on CloudTrex and Meraki. They both have cool and nice features and one of them is you can actually manage any of the access points through the cloud (internet) without necessarily having physical connection to the network. But, with mikrotik, you will need a vpn on your network to do that. Also using this mikrotik, there is to need to for pointing from one location to the other. I understand the kind of topology is mesh and mikrotik also supports that but it can't be managed through the cloud without the vpn.
Which one should i go for?
I want anyone's opinion on this. I will surely appreciate all contributions.
Re: Which Is Better For Hotspot Covering An Estate? Mikrotik Or Cloudtrex And Meraki by yinkfad(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
Left to me i would have said u shld make use of anyone u can understand best manage and access remotely, i know how to use microtik very well. Bt once u said cloudtrex support internet monitoring. Then i will suggest that.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Hotspot Covering An Estate? Mikrotik Or Cloudtrex And Meraki by Yorwa97: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
@yinkfad, thanks a lot. everything i have heard so far, about cloudtrex and meraki are all from the internet. they are both popular in the uk and america. i just want from here who has experience them, support wise and every other aspect.

(1) (Reply)

How To Remote Access A PC Using Google Chrome Remote Desktop Extension / Computer Training In Lekki-ajah / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.