Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,963 members, 7,987,443 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:40 AM

Your BankPHB Experience? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your BankPHB Experience? (6997 Views)

Keystone/bankphb MD Oti Ikomi Resigns With Immediate Effect / Cbn Takeover: Bankphb, Afribank, Spring Bank Couldn’t Meet Requirements / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by GoldCircle: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2008
Hi all,
Anyone got something to say about FCMB?? lets hear 'em!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by realdemi(f): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
prizeless:

PHB is the most innovative bank in Nigeria,we give our customers the treat of the moment. We make sure they have the best of moments ever.

WE LET OUR CUSTOMERS RULE AS KINGS

Yeah right!

Let the customers speak for themselves.
GT is the bank, i'm just about to open an account with them.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by clemcykul(f): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
thanks for creating this thread mrs poster.

i will never bank with bank PHB again!
i have closed my account 2 weeks ago wit em

i will relate the incidence dat lead to my terminated relationship wit the bank.

i went last two weeks to make a deposit of 10,000 naira into my act. unfortunately i gave the cashier 11,000 instead. after my business, i left the bank, wen i got to my car i realized that there happens to be a 1,000 discrepancy, i rushed back into to bank and met the cashier who attended to me and explained to her dat i mis calculated and gave her 11,000 instead of 10,000, that she should please go through the cash and rectify the mistake and balance me 1,000 the cashier flared up and answered me unprofessionally, i was pissed! the incident dint take upto 20mins. i asked her to refer me to the customer service, lo and behold the lady in qtion is as arrogant as they come. she asked me my problem which i related to her, all for her to waste my precious time doing invincible things. After the unprofessional display she told me to go and come back by 5 0cl0ck. according to her by then they must have settled the diff. i concured and requested for note in case i come by the time the guard's men deny me entry i could show them the note from her which could qurantee my entry and avoid embarrasment, imagine the lady rudely and flatly refused!

i was so embarrased, me and my money? the next day i came to the bank and closed my account. presently am banking with first inland bank and so far am pleased and happy with their customer service.

the bank PHB branch am talking about is at bank road, batta kano state, Nigeria.

just incase you are a staff there poster the lady happens to be midle aged with two tribal marks on each part of the face, she is light skinned, and of average height speaks with a southern dialect maybe igbira, yoruba or nupe.

just do something about her and your customer service. mind you she has made your bank loose a valuable customer in my person.

and heaven know's ive not forgiven or 4gorten my hard earned 1,000 and will never advise my shadow or foe to bank with bank PHB!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by nkc(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
grin grin grin grin
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by babyx(f): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ PRICELESS
ya right Bank PHB STAFF?? dont blame you dude, have to defend your employer!. Anyway, you guys have got good brand but your customer service is wacked especially at ADEOLA HOPEWELL Victoria Island. Where did you guys get those pretty looking( not all oh) but ill mannered customer service girls from
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2008
clemcykul:

thanks for creating this thread mrs poster.

i will never bank with bank PHB again!
i have closed my account 2 weeks ago wit em

i will relate the incidence that lead to my terminated relationship wit the bank.

i went last two weeks to make a deposit of 10,000 naira into my act. unfortunately i gave the cashier 11,000 instead. after my business, i left the bank, when i got to my car i realized that there happens to be a 1,000 discrepancy, i rushed back into to bank and met the cashier who attended to me and explained to her that i mis calculated and gave her 11,000 instead of 10,000, that she should please go through the cash and rectify the mistake and balance me 1,000 the cashier flared up and answered me unprofessionally, i was pissed! the incident dint take upto 20mins. i asked her to refer me to the customer service, lo and behold the lady in qtion is as arrogant as they come. she asked me my problem which i related to her, all for her to waste my precious time doing invincible things. After the unprofessional display she told me to go and come back by 5 0cl0ck. according to her by then they must have settled the diff. i concured and requested for note in case i come by the time the guard's men deny me entry i could show them the note from her which could qurantee my entry and avoid embarrasment, imagine the lady rudely and flatly refused!

i was so embarrased, me and my money? the next day i came to the bank and closed my account. presently am banking with first inland bank and so far am pleased and happy with their customer service.

the bank PHB branch am talking about is at bank road, batta kano state, Nigeria.

just incase you are a staff there poster the lady happens to be midle aged with two tribal marks on each part of the face, she is light skinned, and of average height speaks with a southern dialect maybe igbira, yoruba or nupe.
just do something about her and your customer service. mind you she has made your bank loose a valuable customer in my person.

and heaven know's ive not forgiven or 4gorten my hard earned 1,000 and will never advise my shadow or foe to bank with bank PHB!

Sorry bro grin touch is light
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by vislabraye(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2008
I think people are carried away by the "innovation" they claim to have. But are they actually the most innovative? Dont have anything bad to say about them. I have an account with them, and they've been ok with me.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by BTT(m): 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
They av an innovative brand. i dont know wu is packagin them, but their brand managers are doin yeo.

That is all. 2 years after i opened an ac with them, collectin my pin became an 'horror film', so i dumpd them for Zenith, where technology is speakin with efficient service.

Too bad for Diamonbank too. i used to b crazy abt Diamond Bank until i discovered that a DTAP (Target Achievement Plan Acct) contributory acct i opened with them with my paltry nysc allowee has been thrown into debit for only God knows why. So, i demanded to close the acct and was told that i MUST pay the debt I owe plus another N500 bein penalty for closing my account. So i yabbed, screamed, and scrammed. . . Corporate FRAUDSTERS

For short, PHB, Diamond, Spring, Sterling, First Inland (learnt they want to change their name to an european country) and ALL the 1st generation banks, no show. Some of these banks are really 4ny i tell u. I've been there. . .
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by liftedone(f): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2008
I wonder why every bank in Nigeria can't be like GTB, they're simply the best. I went to open an account with bank PHB not too long ago because of their so-called innovative menene. I'm still waiting for them to call me to give a feedback about the amount to use to open the account as the girl in customer service didn't know. Can you beat that?
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by holyeye(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2008
To be candid all PHB has is a good external brand image. Internally, the bank's services need to be upgraded to meet the standard and quality expected of the message they pass across through the media.

Anyone ever visited the northern branches? You will think you are in a sharia bank with women cladded in veils and sorts.

GTB and Zenith banks offer the best services so far. Oceanic aint bad too.

Cheers
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by SOJ(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2008
vislabraye:

I think people are carried away by the "innovation" they claim to have. But are they actually the most innovative? Dont have anything bad to say about them. I have an account with them, and they've been ok with me.

I think what BankPHB has are innovative brandmanagers and not innovative brands, sure enuf, nigerians are fooled by the current media hype about BankPHB having the most innovative brands in the banking industry not knowing that the paper media and TV journalists are probably paid to say such things undecided

Well, thanks for this CE,i was on the verge of opening an account with them,
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by yemko: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2008
had a not too good experience too. a friend of mine wanted to open an account and drop 1m naira immediately, but the customer service lady@ ogudu branch was not eager abt the potential customer at all, probably cos we did look like we wanted to bank that much, eventually the money was of course taken to the friendly bank GTB. i think they should do more ''innovative training'' for thier CSU
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by heronija: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
@Poster,
Thanks for this thread, i was actually considering trying out BankPHB. I am totally/absolutely fed up with GTBank. I always wonder when i read all that people write about GTBank services, i guess most of us only use them for deposit/withdrawal of Naira. I work in the Service Industry though am not based in Nigeria but i definitely know what Customer Care should look like, what i get from GTB in recent years is definitely not Customer Service. I am yet to see any other Bank (apart from Zenith) with a bunch of arrogant, cold and insolent Account officers - they behave as if they are doing you a favour. They are only good when you are yet to open the Account, after that you are "On Your Own". As far as am concerned GTBank is living on past glory, things were pretty much better five to eight year ago. Its not just an issue of the Account officers, what about the Contract staff at their counter and those on the Customer care desk, they all have an attitude problem. Then, it seems that most of their staff do not have quality info about their services, they tell you something today and tomorrow they change without apologies. You might have to submit the same document to several people several times. I don't want to start mentioning branches now but i have had the same experience in most Branches on the Mainland.
Sincerely, their services are much better at Adeyemo Alakija. I wouldn't want to go into the issues with the useless piece of plastic that they sell in the name of MasterCard, God help you when you have problems with it! I can't wait to move my Accounts (especially my DOM) to another Bank when i am home in the next few weeks.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by jydeboy: 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2008
prizeless:

PHB is the most innovative bank in Nigeria,we give our customers the treat of the moment. We make sure they have the best of moments ever.

WE LET OUR CUSTOMERS RULE AS KINGS

For you to assert thus means you have never been given the grin Access Bank grin treatment. They are and would remain the best bank in Nigeria.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by bingbong(f): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2008
Actually i just open an account with them but i dont really know about them.Is it true dat dey normally deduct #200 whenever u use ATM?
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by honsule(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2008
my own experience with BankPHB is even at the point of opening an account.imagine,they came with flashy cars to my Hall of residence in university of Ibadan.they told us open student account with just #200.a course mate of mine made me to collect their form fill it with my phone number.i was snapped with a digital camera likewise the rest students.they promised to send us our bank account number thru our phones.it is almost a month now i did not receive any text message to that effect and money is gone.well i learnt that they are from Bodija branch in Ibadan.the day that i will storm their office i will sue them for obtaining my money without fulfiling of their promise.breach of contract, and i will also claim "mense profit"
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by coopedro(m): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2008
I've been operating my acc with PHB 4 quite sometime now and i had no regret. Unlike UBA instead of ur money to increase, it decreases. But PHB adds interest to ur money.

Any opposer
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by delejames(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2008
Just to say How Friendly GTB is,i received a birthday text message from the Bank on my birthday,can u guys beat that!.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Pennywise(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2008
delejames:

Just to say How Friendly GTB is,i received a birthday text message from the Bank on my birthday,can u guys beat that!.

Intercontinental will probably send you alert charge for this at the end of the month.

Now Some folks have often alluded to bank disposition or otherwise re facility issues and I am torn presently b/w GTB, PHB, Skye. Can use some advise. For failing to live up when I needed them after years of relationship, I felt duped by Intercontinental.Indeed people should look beyond deposit and withdrawal convenience when chosing a bank.

Bank PHB from the foregoing sounds like a broke ass bank trying to make an impression. No longer in contention for me.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by onyejify: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2008
Any dissatisfied customer(s), shd pls come 4 a reunion.

U are the KING
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by onyejify: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
Any dissatisfied customer(s), shd pls come 4 a reunion.

U are the KING
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by deezzle(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2008
Leaving the ambiance of their banking halls asides and the cultured security staff they employed, I know for sure that they can be wanton in some areas but they still rank high when it comes to customer service among the banks we have in Nigeria
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by skyline(f): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2008
@ coo pedro

I agree with u. Like i earlier said, i Bank so much with PHB. In fact of all the Banks i have account with, they are the only ones i frequent often. Their customer service is not as bad as pple are complaining. The issue is that most girls (especially bankers)are very rude these days, so i see it as attitudinal problem common with the Youths these days.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by delejames(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2008
skyline:

. The issue is that most girls (especially bankers)are very rude these days, so i see it as attitudinal problem common with the Youths these days.

well, i agree with you too.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by talk2vivid: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2008
I read all the views and am quite surprise at some of the strongly used words stated.
I believe its quite unjust to take an experience with a branch/service and mar the others.

I have accounts at Zenith and GTB,but always look forward to using my account at The PHB branch in Edo State were i reside.They have always
rendered me top notch services, i say this with all confidence. grin

So please guys undecided do not use the experience from ONE to tanish the reputation of ALL.ITS SIMPLY NOT RIGHT !!!

For all those who have interest in banking with the bank,by all means DO! wink No Bank is perfect.

As for bankphb, look inot these criticism,find out where these issues are arising from and seal off the loop holes.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by vanariso(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2008
I wont say much .Pls read below and infer.
S/N--------Banks--------------My Perception -------------------------------------------------------------------------Remark
1 Access Bank-------Crude warriors(GTB beware)-------------------------------- Mischeviuos
2 Afribank------------stuggling Oldskool-unreformed--------------------------------Fetitious employees
3 Diamond Bank------Slow and steady---------------------------------------------------good
4 Fidelity Bank---------Slow and steady--------------------------------------------------good
5 Ecobank--------------Wavering/un-organised-------------------------------------------indecisive
6 First bank ----------Strong ,old but dynamic-------------------------------------Great Bank/Pillar/Leader
7 FCMB-------------Corporate, pride---------------------------------------------------------good
8 First Inland------Employee centred-----------------------------------------------------honest
9 GTBank-------------Customer centric/Good Warrior/--------------------------.Great Bank.Not fraudulent in all -------------------------------Advocate/The Best/2nd best ATM service.--------------ramification.Even their share price is not doctored
10 Intercontinental Bank-------Poor/declining Mgt.----------------------------------strong
11 Oceanic Bank-------------------Steady,beautiful--------------------------------------Strong
12 PHB-----------------------Celebrity, Proud with little pride---------------------------Innovative? but good
13 Skye--------------------Best ATM service/fund/loan friendly---------------------------good
14 Stanbic IBTC---------Capitalists, extravagants,cunny----------------------------------Good
Former IBTC----------Integrity ,professional--------------------------------------Good people
15 Sterling---------------bright--------------------------------------------------------------slow
16 UBA-----------------3rd best ATM,Crude warriors.----------------------------Mischeviuos.Can do anything
17 UBN-----------------Strong ,old,slow---------------------------------------------Inherent strenght
18 Unity----------------Slow,non-challant-----------------------------------------contented
19 Wema--------------Poor mgt----------------------------------------------Inherent strenght
20 Zenith---------------Crude warriors(GTB beware)--------------------Mischeviuos.Can do anything
21 Spring---------------Mismanaged,coming up------------------------------strong
22 Nigerian American bank--------Professional,careful -----------------------corporate
23 Standard Chartered--------------contented--------------------------------------corporate
24 Etb---------------------------Rich,careless----------------------------------------------bright
25 CBN---------------------------------great----------------------------------------------Soludo
26 NSE-------------------------Bossy,one-way,corrupt,fake---------------------------Ndi
27 cscs----------------------stooge -----------------------------------------------------Good
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by sw: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
OCEANIC IS THE BEST, WE EXPERIENCE PEACE AND EXTEND THE PEACE TO OUR CUSTOMERS[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by scorpio1(m): 1:35am On Jun 20, 2008
BankPhb is ok as a bank, I used to use UBA but when NYSC took me to BankPhb i loved going to the bank, (For UBA,u go stand and trust to pay in Money,don't know if it has something to do with their old nameSTANDARD TRUST)
Then i later got a GTB account and i cherished banking, those guys are too good.

My rating;

Zenith(Pay in money to my wards several times there, bad experience)----50%

Bankphb-----60%

UBA-----29%(Their service charges are TOO High for the common man and u got to queue a lot even if its in Abuja)

DiamondBank(My sisters bank)----21%

First Bank(Awful, Most Ancient bank of the year)

GTB(BABA FOR BANKING, their slip-free banking Trips me)-----97%
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by niles(m): 4:26am On Jun 20, 2008
I've personally not had any bad encounter with them cuz i don't bank with them. My frend once narrated his numerous experiences to me. But i think they are cool compared to UBA where a customer is not well regarded. I mistakingly paid some money into a wrong account in Ph and I had gone back ton Benin before i was notifyd so i had to go to a UBA Branch in Benin, I explained the situation to their cash officer and he told me to write a letter and blah blah blah! After keeping me in the bank for about 2 1/2 hours, he just came and said "What are you even here for"? It was so anoyin because after everything, he told me i had to go back to ph for it,
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by coopedro(m): 10:53am On Jun 20, 2008
UBA still remain the worst bank ever.

Imagine they'll deduct =N= 105 at any time u withdraw below five thousnd naira even wen u use their ATM.

Same thing happens when u deposit below =N= 5,000.

For the students, i wont even advise u to bank with them as their staff are also very saucy.

Na my xperience o angry sad sad sad
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Aazze: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
I was surprised to read that people are commending Bank PHB because of advert. Anyway, my experience showed that it is a bank in the outside with nothing inside. I opened an account and paid in some cash but months after, the cash is still in one transit account. It's almost six months now, no word from the bank or its marketing officer. It is incredible, in this age. I have abandoned them anyway.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Aazze: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
Has anybody tried to lodge complaint through their website? Hun, another horror. It is all razzmatazz!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to Make Money With eCommerce / External Reserves Drop To Three-month Low / New Entry Opportunities Beckon As Bears Depress Stock Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.