Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,141 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria (85185 Views)

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes? / The Tribe With The Best Professors In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 19, 2013
@fijiano, coded.
You guys should stop being intellectually lazy and work hard to become the most educated region as Punch newspaper recommended in one of their editorials.
Yoruba education is going down real fast.....no more free education to go round i guess grin. Fashola is not helping matters taking from the poor and giving to the rich. Training in your kid in LASU is akin to sending him to a Private Uni albeit financially. Whatever happened to spirit of Awo's free education? cheesy.
Stop citing Lagos a measure of Yoruba success it was not built by the Yoruba, maybe we should talk about Yoruba political capital Ibadan, is it better than a beggar's colony?...No. How about your historical capital Ile-ife? it is filled to capacity with destitutes.
So in Yoruba intelligence, you left these very important parts of Yorubaland and brag about Lagos, a former war camp and rice plantation. Very sick and lazy!.
Talk about feeding Igbos on Ondo oil...very comical grin. You have to feed yourselves first....how many Yoruba can afford a good plate of rice above N20?. FYI, the Oil producing part of Ondo is mainly inhabited by the Ijaws..Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 19, 2013
james_ibor: Are you suggesting that the number of professors from Ekiti state has increased tremendously between 2010 and 2013?

While I'm not disputing that, it however doesn't tally with available statistics like JAMB, WAEC etc. which point to the fact that the number of people going to school in the South West has been on a steady decline at least in the last 2 decades.
u must be high on kenyan weed n german ogogoroo
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by eaglechild: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is very true see link below.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiti_State
Ekiti State is reputed to
have produced the 4th highest number of professors in
Nigeria (behind Imo , Ondo and Anambra States).

2 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by ndubueze92(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Akinsete19:
you see what i am saying, u don't know what you are saying u just open this thread for selfish interest cause everybody is opening thread you too want to open, all those school you mention are nigeria based institutions, it not recognise international, they only recognise about 7 nigeria giant universities which are oau-ife, unilag,ui-ibadan,unilorin,uniben,funnab-abeokuta,abu-zaria, if u see the list u will see that 4 of them are south west, 2 from the north,1 from the south south. No south east institution because they class south east are the less educationally develop area,so i don't know how come u get the fake report u posted on nairaland,inshort i will inform the moderator to close down this thread because it is base on tribalism. And u are saying what u don't know.
My friend u have a spacious cage at d zoo go there and see ur kind ! u have lost touch with reality and dressed in ignorance ! U know nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by ndubueze92(m): 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Akinsete19:
u don't even know the different between regional zone, is unilorin,futo, abu zaria and so on southwest? Anyway i don't have time to be arguing on unnecessary issues.
Dis guy is so annoying! I know ur kind d spread out their shoulders when in fact the are pumped by the vulcanizer...
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by steveeeee5: 12:12am On Jul 25, 2015
yourbads hate it when they are loosing it, they go as far as cursing, abusing and castigating the truth just because it is not in their favour, pathetic. i have been following the comments on this thread and those in support of this thread always back up their claims with facts coupled with links on the internet to prove it while those against it could not present any fact that are verifiable to back up their various claims, so psychologically i think the truth is clear that yorubads are lagging behind and need to wake up from their laziness and see where they have fallen. igbos are leaders in crafts, technical and business know-how, now they have added another feather to their cap by stripping the yorubads of the education which they always brag to own is a real technical knockout on the yorubads if you ask me and is no longer funny at all.

the truth is that imo state people go to school like their lives depend on it, they imbibe the culture from childhood, that's imo for you. they are brilliant people with the mindset that they can never allow another child to come first ahead of them in class so that their parents wont be ashamed of them, coupled it with their igboness they endure till they achieve success in academics up to the highest level not even minding their allotted high cut off marks in national exams, they must excel. even their citizens abroad are all schooling.

studying architecture in imo state is the hardest cross any one can carry in the world, you pass through many rigorous training and constant loads of assignment that you would wish you could just commit suicide when you are trying to meet up, yorubas students that do transfer to the schools to either finish up or do their masters programme there always change course in their 200level to other environmental courses or run away. this is also same in futo where people read on top of the tree during exam periods so that sleep will not catch them. if after every semester studies in futo and you don't look skinny like the kenyans then you have tendency of being obese in future. this is the truth

1 Like

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by adonisvg(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yes yoruba states is the poorest state in nigeria, but did you know that 10% of crude oil nigeria produce in nigeria is from only ondo state, ondo state revenue can feed all the eastern state on a well balance diet for 2000years without any effect to the state, if there is no lagos state 98%eastern region could have been poorer than niger republic, number of private school in lagos state is more than the population of all eastern region.

Kai, see punchline?

*where is this hand fan o? I need to calm your temper*
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Ritchiee: 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
adonisvg:

Kai, see punchline?

*where is this hand fan o? I need to calm your temper*
I saw this link and followed it because I wanted to see if as a matter of fact, the South East had overtaken the South West with the highest number of Profs but there was no fact to back up this false claim.My personal opinion is Ekiti and Ondo still lead...pronto.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiti_State
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Ritchiee: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
rudyislife , marhphil,
This is an old thread but very likely to be informative if we can get very educated Igbos to come and prove the false claim with facts not mouth...lol

Come on and chip in if I am wrong.We need facts.What is on ground and reality support SW as still leading...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curvy New Jersey Teacher Under Fire As Parents Call For Her Sack (Photos) / Dead Woman In Morturay Comes Back To Life In UNIBEN Anatomy Class (VIDEO) / Students' Romance In Classroom: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.