Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu (20102 Views)

Bristow Helicopter Crash Rescue Operation In Lagos (Photos) / Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra / Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by ckkris: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
henrychubayo:

That is why you people ceased the right of eastern region. Sorry it is too late now.
NITEL even refused to give Port Harcourt the sufficient telephone lines for oil companies. If they needed more lines they must relocate to Lagos. This is verifiable from Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
Okoro2015: FTC on this milestone achievement of the old eastern region. GEJ till 2019!
Soludo or no GEJ!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
Trut:

MR. MAN, STOP WAITING FOR THE FG TO GIVE YOU JOB, GO AND CREATE YOUR OWN JOB.
Your reasoning is like that of your President - kindergarten. He now tries to convince us that jobless youths are lazy, not wanting to create jobs for themselves. Do you begin business with nothing? Did he create job(s) for himself when he graduated?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2013
mr_king: Lagos Airport is still second to none!!! I don't think Enugu is viable!! Rather than establish international Airport here and there, Federal Government should try as much to revamp Lagos Airport to meet world standard!!
^
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fool! Don't worry, very soon you will have to fly into Enugu before connecting a flight to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2013
WHAOOOOO!! Great news - ds GEJ don de impress me small small oooo.
Abeg, somebody should please hook me up to who I can buy plots lands in Enugu from please, it's very urgent!!
and btw, I'm from Rivers, I have my Real Estate investments in Lag, but I so want to relocate to SOUTH-EAST (did I hear someone say SS & SE are brothers? One Moet for you **winks**)

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by FreeGlobe(f): 11:02am On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: Anyone against this move is truely an enemy of progress regardless of tribe.

It does make a lot of sense now for eastern travellers. Extra points for G.E.J's administration.
^
wow, this account was definetly hacked

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2013
EPOMA:
And after 2019 what happens . A lot of people need a total brain overhaul . Go and read international report , you see that since Goodluck came in only 3 oil explorations projects have been done in Nigeria while before that it use to be 20 exploration a year creating more jobs and increasing our oil reserves. Oil is our major income and not one stupid plane landing in enugu .
Before 2019 our oil industry will be like Nepa that was ignored for years by the Military.

So open your eyes well and forget backing people ignorantly for presidency

So sorry to have quoted you Bro, but I just have to.
Believe me when I say GEJ venturing into other revenue earners for the country than oil will be one of the best things to happen to Nigeria.
My prayer is that the next President after 2019 should sustain the tempo. Have you wondered why USA did not explore much of their oil until now? And if you think 'OUR' oil will ever be irrelevant, you'd better think again.
GEJ has blazed the trail for our economy IMHO.
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Trut(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Your reasoning is like that of your President - kindergarten. He now tries to convince us that jobless youths are lazy, not wanting to create jobs for themselves. Do you begin business with nothing? Did he create job(s) for himself when he graduated?

I'm a graduate and i setup business for myself, i didn't wait for the FG or State to give me job or support me. So, stop being over dependent to the FG. Use your brain to think something good you can make out from your life.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2013
cashkid18: Its jst a mata of tym n enugu will start competin wit lag.
Bt for d main tym,eko ni baje ooo cool...d mods shud tak dis to d fp so dt haterx will die young grin

Dream on kid
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I hear you bros! So that Ndigbo no go fit hear word again with accusations of: our land is the most developed!; fuc/k off to you caves!; why are you flocking into our region!; get lost!

wink

aside some parts of Lagos, their lands are competing with d north sef; aside kano, Jos and kaduna cities.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2013
Now we are talking. GEJ must have his SECOND TERM.

8 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2013
maxxx: This is a welcome development.the pressure on MMA will be reduced and the southeast nd southsouth will benefit immensly.for those arguing that Enugu in ternational airport is small,there is always room for development.the fact is that international flights can now take off nd land in Enugu.check out the man hours,expenditures,road accidents,stress etc that will be cut out for travelers from d SE/SS axis.more of this type of development needed.

...including those our brethren from the Middle Belt (No call them North Central ooo)...
#AllianceTinz#
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Agunnewi: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2013
Willgates:

you said it's second to none yet u still want it to be revamped.

convince us that u r not a mo.ron!

Lmao! cheesy

You 're right, he is more than a moroƱ.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Kairoseki77: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2013
henrychubayo: Yes let it begin. With great anticipation, joy and happiness, we will start East to anywhere in the world. These will develop our region for the better. Please let us one and all fly thru this airport. Believe it or not, Enugu airport has come to stay and will never go back to Local again. Very soon, 70% of people will see those who makes use of lagos are from south east and south south. Yes let it come. Let the development begin. Let the embassies come and let international organizations come.

More loud claims and empty chest beating from insecure marginalized touts.

Empty barrels is your new nickname.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 19, 2013
I'm so lving this! No more cross country.
We hv everything to be the in this world.
Its just that these old kagos......

Nigeria will get there. That's my prayer always.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Datiboboi: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2013
What about the sea port kwanu
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Osogagba(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:
What about the sea port kwanu

Next will be the seaports in Onne and Delta and Cross river and the Inland ports at Onitsha. After that, Lagos go know say khaki no be leather in terms of IGR. cheesy
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by everG: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2013
icebeatz: i dont really think this would be economically feasible for airlines!!
CN U EVER B POSITIVE FOR ONCE
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2013
everG:
CN U EVER B POSITIVE FOR ONCE
Ask icebeatz to travel to Enugu and see for himself. Its no use sitting in his office and creating theories.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2013
Gabbysky: WHAOOOOO!! Great news - ds GEJ don de impress me small small oooo.
Abeg, somebody should please hook me up to who I can buy plots lands in Enugu from please, it's very urgent!!
and btw, I'm from Rivers, I have my Real Estate investments in Lag, but I so want to relocate to SOUTH-EAST (did I hear someone say SS & SE are brothers? One Moet for you **winks**)

I can help you out oooo.....you can reach me through my e mail....jchime@yahoo.com....send me which part of enugu you want the land and your budget....
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by otokx(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2013
There is already an international airport in Port Harcourt serving the south south region.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2013
yes. we love you mr president for this.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by deor03(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2013
I stil don't understand why everything is seen from the ethnic lense in Nigeria. We have been on this ethnic road for over 50 years, and it has not brought us any good, Instead, it has brought us a bloody coup, a bloody counter coup , a pogrom, followed by 3 years of bloody civil war and countless of massacres in the past 2 decades.

I am not from the SE, but i see this a development for my country regardless, It is inhumane for people to drive all the way from Awka, just to travel by air outside the country. (Noting that some international flights are even less than 2 hours).

Nigeria needs to diversify, not only from Oil, but also in terms of developement. There are so many organization cramping themselves into Lagos and you begin to understand why they do so, because no other part of the country has what Lagos has in terms of international reach.

We need to roll out more internationl gateways, so that Lagos can decongest and developements can spread round the country , at least for regions of the country that are ready and wiling to be developed.

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2013
Trut:

I'm a graduate and i setup business for myself, i didn't wait for the FG or State to give me job or support me. So, stop being over dependent to the FG. Use your brain to think something good you can make out from your life.
How many people have capital like you, or whose relations can afford it for. If our politicians always say we should create jobs, why haven't asked them why membership of the parliament is on full-time basis, and not part-time, that would save the country money? Start to reason.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by IGBOSON1: 11:48am On Aug 19, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Soludo or no GEJ!

^^^My sister, i've given up on politricks in Anambra! Whomsoever they like they can allow to govern them......why should i cry more than the bereaved?

You would have thought that by now all those young/informed Anambrans that believe Soludo is the right person to govern them would have organised a groundswell of protest and make the greedy thieving conniving political elite in that state have a rethink......they've all ganged up against him b'cos they realise he's the real threat!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by olivertwist: 11:48am On Aug 19, 2013
This is the type of news I want to be hearing about SE and Nigeria as a whole. An international airport in the SE will most definitely reduce the traffic pressure at MMIA Lagos.

Welldone GEJ for this.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by ArewaWarrior: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2013
Kudos Madam minister of aviation... for giving to Enugu and the East what u blatantly refuse to give to the North (kano and co.) because of reasons best known to youself and your brothers in Arik,. Just shows how much of an Eastern Nigerian you are. The only thing constant is change... and 1 day... 1 day the North will be back in power.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2013
Osogagba:

Next will be the seaports in Onne and Delta and Cross river and the Inland ports at Onitsha. After that, Lagos go know say khaki no be leather in terms of IGR. cheesy
When will you stop attachee, are Delta and Onne not in the SS?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Excuse me...isn't the FG in charge of ALL the airports in the country?

Explain to me how Igbos would dominate an airport? Are you going to build illegal housing structures on the tarmac?

y not relax and see how we will do it other than eating hot potatoes in a hurry.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by In2systemsTech(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2013
Welcome development...
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by otokx(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2013
bandb:

Yes ooooo we are brothers. Did you forget that Michael Opkara built PH? Eastherners are all waking up to fight the devide and rule policy. This is just the begining

Why did Michael Okpara not build a town in the east?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu by ejiyke2007(m): 11:57am On Aug 19, 2013
mr_king: Lagos Airport is still second to none!!! I don't think Enugu is viable!! Rather than establish international Airport here and there, Federal Government should try as much to revamp Lagos Airport to meet world standard!!

Whats who Bleep are you where when why so what are you men Yoruba right Bleep you WHO TOLD YOU SO ? PUT THIS TO YOUR HEAD
ENUGU AIRPORT SOUTH EAST THE BUSINESS HUB OF AFRICA IN A SHORT TIME TO COME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

One Killed As Dangote Truck Damages Two Cars In Magodo, Lagos / Accident Simulation Causes Scare In Niger State. See What Happened / Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.