Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

El-rufai, A Liar –presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai, A Liar –presidency (546 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Sylva To Oshiomhole, “you Are A Liar And Mischief Maker” / APC Flays Fayose For Tagging Buhari A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai, A Liar –presidency by free2ryhme: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2013

•Says, ‘APC is mega nonsense’

From ABDULGAFAR ALABELEWE, KadunaThe Presidency has replied the former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai on his recent allegation that President Jonathan knows oil thieves, describing El-Rufai as a liar.
The Presidency said it was stupid of El-Rufai to condemn the President’s call on the American and British governments to help Nigeria stop oil theft, adding that “what government had done was to check oil thieves at our end and if they escape cautionary measures in the country and if the US and Britain don’t buy from them, they will stop.”

The Presidency also described the new alliance of the opposition political parties under the aegis of All Progressives Alliance (APC) as “mega nonsense, which cannot go anywhere”.

Reacting on behalf of President Jonathan on Liberty Radio, Kaduna Guest of the Week programme yesterday, the Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe said, “the President did not just wake up one day and say Britain and America should help us. It was just one of the various internal steps that were taken. There were funds given to the Navy to acquire boats, and they are already producing results. It is just like smuggling, you make a law, you empower the Customs to impound goods at the point of entry, and also ban sale of such products in the stores.

“So, what government has done is it to stop this oil theft at our end and if they escape checks and balances that we put in place, if those people don’t buy from them, then, they will stop. So, why is El-Rufai pretending to be stupid?

“I just told you, it is right that you guys gave a platform to El-Rufai, he is a free man, he is a citizen of Nigeria, but he is not a man that is worthy of any serious comment. He just says whatever he likes.

“It is a pity that you have chosen me to respond to Malam El-Rufai’s statements. El-Rufai is a name that is disgraceful in my mouth, but I will try to respond. El-Rufai is a liar, who went to the extent of writing a book that is full of lies, similes, things that are untrue, half truth, he will now quote three pages of discussions with people when he did not record them, and these are things that happened six to seven years ago, so, when I say he is a liar, I mean it,” Okupe stressed.

On the emergence of the new opposition party, the Presidential Spokesman said All Progressive Congress (APC) was not a mega party, but a ‘mega nonsense’, which would collapse very soon.

Okupe said, “Members of APC are united and have been brought together not because they want to help Nigeria in any form. They have come together because they just want power for personal aggrandizement.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/el-rufai-a-liar-presidency/
Re: El-rufai, A Liar –presidency by Garrithe1st: 7:28am On Aug 18, 2013
Ok Pastor Okukpe I agree, El Rufai is a Liar....

grin grin grin

Only a foolish and Kindergarten President will beg others to help him do his job after he has failed to do his own job.

How can you ask others to help you stop crude oil theft when you handed over the security of your waterways from trained security personnel to illiterate thieves and terrorists...

cool cool
Re: El-rufai, A Liar –presidency by Pataki: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2013
How old is this Okupe again Sounds like a kid babbling.

If only he Okupe knows how disgraceful his name has forever turned into.

So in the eyes of this fooool, the militants who got this security operation job are the Navy? A serious spokesperson will rather address the inherent issues raised by the opposition members and not channel his childish tantrums at El-Rufai. Tell us, what you have done to bring the oil thieves to justice.

Telling us you bought boats and it is already producing results is rather an utterly stewpeed and generic statement to barf.
Re: El-rufai, A Liar –presidency by Maidoki14(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2013
Dis okupe guy shld sharaap an stop taming el-rufai as a liar.uncle joe knws d oil thiefs.
Re: El-rufai, A Liar –presidency by tatosh: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2013
I say Okupe is a Mega Nuisance and his boss is a Megalomaniac.
I now see why this government has really not achieved anything, they spend all their time thinking of how to reply opposition. Just look at this piece, it says a lot about the quality of the government. Unless we want to lie to ourselves, till the end of this administration nothing will actually improve.
SOLUTION: Let's give APC a chance

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, May Have Died Of Gunshot Wounds – JTF / Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs / Boko Haram And Sss Exchange Gun In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.