Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,196 members, 7,913,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why Do Christians Frown When Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Frown When Praying (722 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Goosebumps When Praying - Definition Pls. / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nmeri17: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2013
This is something i noticed recently.I do not understand why people frown their faces when praying.Maybe if they dont the people around may think they are not praying or something.Why do u think people do this??

Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2013
maybe in your church

MFM I guess
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: maybe in your church

MFM I guess
my thoughts exactly.
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2013
I'm humbled and meek in prayer. I don't frown. When you talk to your father, you don't frown but you show respect and humility. Perhaps, it's your own interpretation.
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: maybe in your church

MFM I guess

Catholics don't do that, except the pentecostal churches.
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by demelza: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2013
Can you blame them?
Most of them dont have money to feed or send their kids to school. Problems from all quarters both physical and "spiritual" weigh them down.
Then they come to church hoping to find succour and what do they see?
Their GO living large and looking well-fed in sharp contrast to them.
If na you, you no go frown?
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Godmother(f): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2013
I don't think those who do it do it consciously. They might just be overwhelmed by their problems
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by tonyogie: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2013
my broda no tym ooooo, sumtyms u av to b angry and report sum case to baba in heaven ooooo
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by italo: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2013
emmysenior:

Catholics don't do that, except the pentecostal churches.

I even smile sometimes...especially before the Blessed Sacrament.

How I wish all Christians knew that it should be a love affair between us and God. Perhaps they frown because they are demanding something they want at all cost.

They treat him as their maga...

We treat him as our lover/father/loving father.
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:40am On Aug 18, 2013
how do u knw dat or is it because u always do that
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2013
If something is not changing you, you must be chasing something....#Shikenna
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
After you've been asked to shout jesus 3 times, holy spirit 3 times then speak in tongues- what do you expect? Silly sheeples.
Re: Why Do Christians Frown When Praying by Nmeri17: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Shobayo Emma: how do u knw dat or is it because u always do that
i posted pictures now.If you have attended any prayer convention you will notice it as well

(1) (Reply)

Must I Go To Church? / A Tip Of The Iceberg Of Hypocrisy In The Church. / Vatican To Display Bones Of Saint Peter For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.