Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:39 PM

Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud (2498 Views)

Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / How Real Is The Holy Spirit To You As A Christian / Spirit-to-spirit Communication – Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2013
It is becoming a worrying trend when pastors and their followers use the Holy Spirit as a camouflage for their false doctrines, saying quite often , especially when pushed to the wall, that the Holy Spirit inspired them, their teachers or a specific doctrine.

This is dangerous ground to be on, because if you are found out to be a liar as many have been, you may have unwittingly or inadvertently attributed falsehoods to the Almighty God , which could be tantamount to blasphemy.

Also, God is not an author of confusion, he has only revealed the TRUTH , ONE TRUTH. God does not reveal one truth to Mr.A and another to Mrs.B on the same topic, which is very worrying when you consider the 40k plus denominations with different doctrines each claiming to be inspired by the Spirit of GOD according to a certain MOG or Pastor's interpretation.

Be careful ALL, do not attribute a LIE and a FRAUD to God. By all means reveal your understanding of a matter , but be cautiously patient before jumping to the conclusion that you are speaking for GOD with infallibility.

God has chosen to reveal himself to us on an individual basis, only for those who seek for him as for treasure, or those who are diligent in their search of him , or still others who pray for his wisdom and guidance , finally for those who do not accept the creeds and dogmas of men without subjection to a test, the test of scriptural validation.

Some examples of these false doctrines where people carelessly and randomly suggest inspiration of the Spirit are :

1. Modern day tithe and the prosperity gospel
2. Slain in the Spirit
3. Weird spiritual manifestations that have nothing to do with holiness or propagation of the gospel
4. Speaking in strange tongues
5. The arrogant and bullyish Lordship of mere MEN over the sheep of GOD.
6. Extra-biblical revelations
7. Pagan creeds and dogmas.

Bottom line is, be very sure that the Spirit backs up your claims before you quote GOD on his behalf, for if you are wrong, you will be revealed and shamed as a Liar.

2 Likes

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
Is tithe not written in your bible? You are so shameless aren't you? Just because many congregations are being abused with the tithes by the clergy or laity lording it over them doesn't mean it is a fraud.Those thieving Pastors will be held accountable on the last day.

1 Like

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorKun(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bidam: Is tithe not written in your bible? You are so shameless aren't you? Just because many congregations are being abused with the tithes by the clergy or laity lording it over them doesn't mean it is a fraud.Those thieving Pastors will be held accountable on the last day.

Sharrap angry he specifically said modern day tithe which is totally and completely different from biblical tithe.

1 Like

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Sharrap angry he specifically said modern day tithe which is totally and completely different from biblical tithe.

So there is what is called modern church in your bible abi? Such a shame.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hmhmm... Frosbel, hmm... grin Ok... I have heard you. You gave 7 points. 7 points that you believe should not be in place.
Am restraining myself from talking.
The funny thing here is that i have behold some of your arguments for some of those points. And there are questions on those that you are yet to answer.
Anyway, i believe this is your personal opinion from the word. Ok... All noted for further discussion. cheesy
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Goshen360(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bidam: So there is what is called modern church in your bible abi? Such a shame.

Do you practice the 'biblical' tithe? As a man of THE LAW, do you practice tithing ACCORDING TO THE LAW?

1 Like

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 1:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ frosbel, I understand all that, but the strange language aspect. Obviously u dont believe in speaking in tongues?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Goshen360(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @ frosbel, I understand all that, but the strange language aspect. Obviously u dont believe in speaking in tongues?

No mind frosbby, you or me need to lay hands on him so he can speak in tongues. cheesy
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Goshen well done o. Kept me waiting for nothing abi? Issoryt.
Frosbel seems to be conservative by nature. I think he is an introvert, very reserved.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by christemmbassey(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Bidam is on retreat but he will abandon everything and go for war if his oil well is threatened. So b very careful, leef person garri, prophet sorry, oil well dey, but e go soon dry o.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by christemmbassey(m): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135: Goshen well done o. Kept me waiting for nothing abi? Issoryt.
Frosbel seems to be conservative by nature. I think he is an introvert, very reserved.
Goshen is right, nt only Frobel plus including Demi, b4 d e-hand laying, we pray 1st against all d enemy wey no want our bros dem to speak in tongues die die die, in short, die by fire, die by fire, die by fire, by fire by force, die o die o die o, abeg Goshen help shout dem to die. cheesy
Goshen is right, nt only Frobel plus including Demi, b4 d e-hand laying, we pray 1st against all d enemy wey no want our bros dem to speak in tongues die die die, in short, die by fire, die by fire, die by fire, by fire by force, die o die o die o, abeg Goshen help shout dem to die. This is serious o.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
I support speaking in tongues as depicted in scripture, which is to speak in genuine languages.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
^
grin grin grin Its well bro.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
christemmbassey: :DGoshen is right, nt only Frobel plus including Demi, b4 d e-hand laying, we pray 1st against all d enemy wey no want our bros dem to speak in tongues die die die, in short, die by fire, die by fire, die by fire, by fire by force, die o die o die o, abeg Goshen help shout dem to die. This is serious o.
Is this post related to mine that you quoted at all? If at all, you can be sure i did not get anything from it.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by christemmbassey(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135:
Is this post related to mine that you quoted at all? If at all, you can be sure i did not get anything from it.
grin
idnoble135:
sorry na Goshen's.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
frosbel: I support speaking in tongues as depicted in scripture, which is to speak in genuine languages.

Frosbby bros, we have talked about this before. You promised to go study more when I asked what Paul meant by 'unknown' language BUT what was spoken on Pentecost was a 'KNOWN' language that men present understood. Pentecost was a SIGN tongue,.because the never learnt it. However, there is PRAYING tongues. First, if you can't understand the difference, that's where the problem is.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Goshen360(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2013

My brother, I be busy man o. As I perceive you no want 'discussion' on the matter, na eim make me change my mind not bother reply as promised.

There's no basis for 'drunken' manifestation in scripture. The people who said to the Apostles that they were drunk were mocking them, not that the Apostles were actually drunk in real life and Peter confirmed it.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Joagbaje(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
frosbel: It is becoming a worrying trend when pastors and their followers use the Holy Spirit as a camouflage for their false doctrines, saying quite often , especially when pushed to the wall, that the Holy Spirit inspired them, their teachers or a specific doctrine.

The fact that you don't experience the power or manifestations doesn't mean he doesn't talk or manifest himself to others .

He is the one who reveals

John 16:14
. . .for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 Like

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by shdemidemi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
^^^^What power of manifestation have you experienced?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by shdemidemi(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @ frosbel, I understand all that, but the strange language aspect. Obviously u dont believe in speaking in tongues?

What is the use of speaking in 'unknown language'?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorKun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joagbaje:

The fact that you don't experience the power or manifestations doesn't mean he doesn't talk or manifest himself to others .

He is the one who reveals

John 16:14
. . .for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Since you are guilty of the crimes this thread is trying to address, I can understand your response.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Goshen360:

No mind frosbby, you or me need to lay hands on him so he can speak in tongues. cheesy

Obviously Bro
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Joagbaje(m): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^What power of manifestation have you experienced?

Ive experienced most of All the manifestation that Jesus promised. Casting out devils ,healing sick , and other divers manifestations

1 Like

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
frosbel: I support speaking in tongues as depicted in scripture, which is to speak in genuine languages.

The one depicted in the scripture is the strange unknown language.
For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to man but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
1Corinthians 14:2
No one has to understand him bro for it to be genuine, for he speaks to God n not man n God understands him quite well. The problem with us many atimes is that we do the works of the Holy Ghost, its not our business to always check if one is genuine or not, it is the work of the spirit.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

What is the use of speaking in 'unknown language'?

wow! The use can't be exhausted even in a whole book. But the summary is this, if u dont speak in tongues there are some spiritual experiences u can never have and a level u will never attain in Christ. U will never live a triumphant life in Christ n always struggle, obviously I can see the reason for many arguments on this forum.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

wow! The use can't be exhausted even in a whole book. But the summary is this, if u dont speak in tongues there are some spiritual experiences u can never have and a level u will never attain in Christ. U will never live a triumphant life in Christ n always struggle, obviously I can see the reason for many arguments on this forum.

They spoke in real languages, not babbles.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorKun(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The problem is that virtually everybody that claims they speak in tongue are faking it, to me that is making a mockery of the holy spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by shdemidemi(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joagbaje:

Ive experienced most of All the manifestation that Jesus promised. Casting out devils ,healing sick , and other divers manifestations

You casted out devils and healed the sick?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by shdemidemi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The one depicted in the scripture is the strange unknown language.
For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to man but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
1Corinthians 14:2
No one has to understand him bro for it to be genuine, for he speaks to God n not man n God understands him quite well. The problem with us many atimes is that we do the works of the Holy Ghost, its not our business to always check if one is genuine or not, it is the work of the spirit.

Did Apostle Paul speak in an 'unknown tongue'?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
frosbel:

They spoke in real languages, not babbles.

I just quoted a scripture for u which talks about unknown language. 1Corinthians 14:2, would seriously need ur interpretation.
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by PastorOluT(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The problem is that virtually everybody that claims they speak in tongue are faking it, to me that is making a mockery of the holy spirit.

No doubt anyone that is faking it is mocking the spirit, but that does not change the fact that there are real people who speak in tongue. I speak in tongue, I am real n no demon can convince me otherwise.
One other thing is what is the yardstick to judge if they are fake, have we now taken the place of the Holy Ghost?
Re: Using The Holy Spirit To Support Fraud by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
^^

International Standard Version
For the person who speaks in a foreign language is not actually speaking to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands him, because he is talking about secrets by the Spirit - 1 Corinthians 14:2

I checked the Lexicon for this same verse and it came up with this definition :

glóssa: the tongue, a language
Original Word: γλῶσσα, ης, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: glóssa
Phonetic Spelling: (gloce-sah')
Short Definition: the tongue, a language, nation
Definition: the tongue, a language, a nation (usually distinguished by their speech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? / Revelation Of Heaven And Hell By Melea / Muslims Tell … “why I Chose Jesus”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.