Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,244 members, 7,947,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference (8333 Views)

TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs / Faces At Jarushub Career Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Kzinne: 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jarus:
Noted with thanks.

Women are somehow more difficult to get buy into things like these. I approached the CEOs of 2 banks (both women) for an interview, but one politely declined 'at this time' through her bank's corporate communications department, the other said she would get her bank's social media team to contact me, never heard back.

Most of these guys are people I have developed personal relationship with over time (chatting with Simon as I type this) so it is easier to get them into things like this. Women don't appear easy to convince. But will give it further push.
how can u convince women when u not a fine boy. haha
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Bizibi(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
nahinbdis:

Thieving dumbheads they must have been!

In their heydays, InterContinental Bank and Oceanic Bank had over 25,000 full time staff between them. Add to that another 17000 contract and support staff. These guys gave many youths their first big break post-university. Were they saintly? Would they fit in the first row of heaven's seats? We may never know. They did some bad stuff, maybe even a Iot of bad stuff ... but did they achieve some good in the midst of it? Of course they did!

And as saintly as you are, how many people have you ever employed? How much have you given to your world? Where are you in your life right now? Wake up dude! Life is not an EPL match!
oceanic bank employed them but are most of them there nw?? I invested in that stupid bank and my father lost over 1m naira there and i lost some hundreds of thousands,if u want to talk about ceo's in this country u can get them in other sectors but nt in the banking sector, the banks solely depend on govt money nothing else i was ashamed when i found out myself when one of these big banks couldnt release my clients money bcuz they havent pass the 2013 budget abeg i will prefer attending a conference with credible ceos than a bunch of bankers

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Winneygirl(f): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2013
Jarus, U're are doing something good.
Nigerian youths are yet to 'dare to be different', hence d reason 4 some 'not-so-intelligent' comments.
Those who know the value, will be there. Afterall, it is not 4 everybody, neither is it by force to attend.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 20, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Since they are dumbheads and you are a smarthead, why don't you lift the nation out of its financial abyss!!

You see posts like this and you start thinking Government should consider age restrictions for internet access.

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shey i resemble CBN chairman ni? Or dem tell you say hin be my papa? angry
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by AjanleKoko: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
@OP,

Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by cecegorz(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Two thumbs up! Jarus
Never mind the blind critics.
You are doing a great job, using your personal influence/finance to help a few.
Your reward will surely come.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Idolys(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jarus:

***networking skills***

Oga patata ni bobo yi sha!I cannot stop laughing o! grin grin
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Jarus(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Jarus(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Question And Answers For Oil And Gas Jobs / How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Where Are Our Female Software Engineers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.