Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,456 members, 7,881,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools (11084 Views)

Jude Nkama Appointed As Judge In New Jersey / Osun State Judge In Husband Snatching Drama / Is Kashim Zanna, The Chief Judge Of Borno State The Tallest Judge In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by onospolo: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2013
wat a great passion of teaching and bring a future generational leader hs honour i gv u a thumb 4 wrkdone sa
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2013
yuzedo: big deal. so because a george is teachin kids sharria law i shud summer salt?? my formal daddy is a natives ducktor but also a part-time dibia but did u see him boastin?? undecided by d way did he even have NCE? even patient jonata have it so is illigal to teach witout it! angry so das my opinion u can sew me, am ourra here!!! angry angry (just came back from califonia in london so das why i speak dat america englis wink)
jorrr o...dis English na die plis take it suffry before u suffercate us angry

1 Like

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by saved: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2013
etudaddy: God bless this man. Hope GEJ will recognize him and give him the award of C.O.N instead of wasting the award on those oil subsidy theivessss
:-- God bless you for saying the exactness of my mind. The retired judge is my National Hero and not election rigging judges.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by saved: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2013
etudaddy: God bless this man. Hope GEJ will recognize him and give him the award of C.O.N instead of wasting the award on those oil subsidy theivessss
:-- God bless you too for saying the exactness of my mind. The retired judge is my National Hero and not election rigging judges.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by osifred(m): 11:17am On Aug 19, 2013
chess guru:
*yawns* ur style is getting outdated undecided

No is not true. The style is as relevant now as it has being since he started. YUzedo..that dude put a smile on my face every damn time.

1 Like

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2013
yunglykmine: Good initiative Sir.. Impart your knowledge. Instead of involving in dirty & shameful politics and not giving we the younger generation the chance, space to get up there too. God bless your heart Sir

Are you indirectly insulting your kindergaten president in person of Badluck Retardeen Jonathan......He should resign and go back to the Zoo
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by drnoel: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Etumgbe: Kebbi- A Retired High Court Judge in Kebbi state,Hon.Justice Zakari Gulma,62,has taken to teaching in primary schools as his post-retirement hobby.

Gulma,in Argungu on Sunday, said that prior to joining the judiciary sector in 1980, he had served as a teacher for 10 years. He stated that his love for teaching in a village school was to enable him contribute in raising the standard of education, considering the dearth of teachers The former judge explained that for this reason, he decided to resume teaching at the Fadama and Argungu Emirate Model primary schools in 2012, after his retirement.

He said his quest for knowledge propelled him to study law and become a Judge, serving for 19 years at the bench.

“A knowledgeable,well trained,dedicated and responsible teacher, will be honoured even after his death,” he stressed, adding that his decision to resume teaching while in retirement, had made him a fulfilled person He called on the state government to employ more qualified teachers in primary and junior secondary schools. “it is not enough to build more schools, but qualified and competent teachers need to be employed too.”

“The practice of not paying teachers adequately and promptly can only discourage people from becoming professional teachers,” he said.(NAN).

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/retired-high-court-judge-in-kebbi-teaches-in-primary-schools/#sthash.z8x5qKSK.dpuf

I do think this is a wonderful action but am saddened that he should have been teaching where his experience, and expertize is required and that is either law in the University, law school or teaching the police about how the Nigerian law system works. That should have been where he should have been teaching and not secondary school. His expertize is not utilized.

1 Like

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by DeevaB: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2013
Great!.. Service to humanity is the best work of life!
If only others would emulate this too.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Originalsly: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2013
drnoel:

I do think this is a wonderful action but am saddened that he should have been teaching where his experience, and expertize is required and that is either law in the University, law school or teaching the police about how the Nigerian law system works. That should have been where he should have been teaching and not secondary school. His expertize is not utilized.
He is teaching at a primary school and not a secondary school. The root of the education problem is at the primary level...so he is in the right place. At least he can humble himself to return to teaching and at the same time using his influence to get something done to fix the system.

2 Likes

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Ishilove: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
yuzedo: big deal. so because a george is teachin kids sharria law i shud summer salt?? my formal daddy is a natives ducktor but also a part-time dibia but did u see him boastin?? undecided by d way did he even have NCE? even patient jonata have it so is illigal to teach witout it! angry so das my opinion u can sew me, am ourra here!!! angry angry (just came back from califonia in london so das why i speak dat america englis wink)
This guy ehn!

Character cheesy
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by paschalomenihu: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
THIS IS THE KIND OF PERSON I CALLED A TRUE LEADER, SUCH PEOPLE ARE ONE IN A MILLION, WE STILL HAVE HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIJA.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Babalegba(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
The man deserves a national award but unfortunately he will not get one because Nigerian national awards are usually conferred on thieves, looters and tormentors of the Nigerian public.

1 Like

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Pdizzle(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dats real passion n love for humanity
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by ezeokeUK: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
That's what I all passion. This is real service to humanity. Who says a president cannot be a local government chairman after leaving office? What we need is humility to the next generation to have real impact. We need more servant leaders, not these siren blaring looters. We need more like this Judge.

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by dokson(m): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
GOOD MOVE. MAY GOD KEEP AND PROTECT YOU.PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE VERY SCARE IN THIS
NATION CALLED NIGERIA.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by mu2sa2: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
God bless this humble man.This is true definition of community service. At 62 this man still have more fruit years ahead. He is a national hero. Instead of looking for lucrative board appointment in govt agencies he has chosen to give back to society so mightily.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by ugoezeik(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
hahahahahaha as l dey hahahahahaha now l no come kn̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣w wen 3 flies enta ma mount. But guy U̶̲̥̅̊ mumu die ooooooo, shey ur papa drink ogogoro plenty bfore he giv ur mama bele ni? Jux tinking

1 Like

Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by ugoezeik(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Black Peni5: I only hope he's not looking for a new wife in that primary school
new wifey ke, did he tell U̶̲̥̅̊ dat his name is yerima?
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by bknight: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
osifred:

No is not true. The style is as relevant now as it has being since he started. YUzedo..that dude put a smile on my face every damn time.
Even when he uses ur most preferred egris to express the thoughts of a retard?

@ topic: a very commendable thing to do. Thank you sir.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
KEBBI-ARGUNGU- THE HAUSA HEARTLAND! cool
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by AMossley(m): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jabioro: Nairalanders' had bcome dick and harris stages,is it by force 2 some 2 comment? Seun u needed 2 wake up.l can't imagine this happening 2 our 9ja site..an examplanary judge.
you'll be the first to be banned.What's "examplanary"?
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
drnoel:

its like u are n my mind! Kebbi just gotten a State university and this man suppose to be there teaching practical law as opposed to those theoretical laws people are thaught in school, he should not be in primary school. Besides, what experience does the man have in handling kids?
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by drnoel: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Originalsly: He is teaching at a primary school and not a secondary school. The root of the education problem is at the primary level...so he is in the right place. At least he can humble himself to return to teaching and at the same time using his influence to get something done to fix the system.
Well said but what of our Nigerian police, what of our lawyers and judges. Who would teach them?
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by grandstar(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo][b]big deal. so because a george is teachin kids sharria law i shud summer salt?? my formal daddy is a natives ducktor but also a part-time dibia but did u see him boastin?? undecided..... I SUSPECT HE IS CHRISTIAN. MANY KEBBITES ARE!
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by playahP(m): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
I don't buy this whole shinanigan!

Maybe this guy has ulterior motives!
Maybe he is a pedophile looking for a rural community where no one wld question him..... #just saying!

But its a nice initiative though..
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Originalsly: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
drnoel:
Well said but what of our Nigerian police, what of our lawyers and judges. Who would teach them?
Bend the tree when it is young....those police etc are like old trees...they are set in their ways...it is better to teach the young than to try teaching those old dogs new tricks.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Palchukwy: 4:23am On Aug 20, 2013
Cant dis boko thing come to an end, Nigeria is stil a terrorist country with all the soldiers around.
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by Belloladan(m): 6:13am On Aug 20, 2013
What was yarima's position befor the retirement
Re: Retired Judge In Kebbi Teaches In Primary Schools by azeezengr(m): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2013
This is given back to society part of what society has given to him. I appreciate this old man effort because he will be source of encouragement for hardworking teachers and force lazy ones to re-align. Is a kind of retirement I dream to have...to be a teacher/motivational speaker cum preacher

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Deploy Nuclear Technology To Eradicate Malaria – Daily Trust / Lagos Tricycle Operators Pledge Allegiance To MC Oluomo / Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.