Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,907 members, 7,876,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Deserts! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Deserts! (1634 Views)

Starters And Deserts For Nigerian Meals, Suggestions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deserts! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2008
One of my goals this year was to learn how to make all manner of desserts

so does anyone have some recipes please share, add pics if available
Re: Deserts! by amberella: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2008
Make pancake mix, then drop spoonfuls of it in hot oil. When brown, roll in icing sugar.

mmm,
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 10, 2008
check online : www.foodnetwork.com
that's where I get most of my recipes. . .even naija recipes wink

Six-Layer Chocolate Cake

Cake:
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 cups self-rising flour, sifted
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoon corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar, sifted, plus 1 cup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans.

Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to cream for approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and milk, alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Add the vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated. To bake 6 layers of cake 3 at a time, divide the batter in 1/2, then divide each 1/2 among the 3 pans. Level the batter in each pan by dropping pan flat onto counter top to release air bubbles. Bake each cake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes. Invert cakes and repeat process with the rest of the cake batter.

Prepare frosting while cakes are cooling. Mix sugar, cocoa, butter, half-and-half, corn syrup, and salt in a saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil. Continue to boil, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. The syrup will become thick. Remove syrup from heat, and beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Allow frosting to rest for a couple of minutes. At this time, if the frosting is too thick for spreading, add a bit of half-and-half, 1 tablespoon at a time, to bring frosting to proper spreading consistency.
Re: Deserts! by krama(m): 4:45am On Jun 10, 2008
Hmnnn. . . yummy! cheesy
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 10, 2008
krama:

Hmnnn. . . yummy! cheesy

come over and you'll taste the real deal, instead of licking your screen. . .lol tongue
Re: Deserts! by krama(m): 5:03am On Jun 10, 2008
. . . ok na, comin with the next available flight tongue
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 10, 2008
plz tell me ut's in the next 24hrs embarassed
Re: Deserts! by krama(m): 5:14am On Jun 10, 2008
The knock you'll be hearing on your door is me. . . cheesy
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 10, 2008
lol. . . you're not serious. no be only knock tongue
Re: Deserts! by AmakaOne(f): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
Ingredients

Serves 10

* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
    * 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    * 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
    * 4 cups raspberries
    * 2 cups heavy cream
    * 2 cups cold custard
    * 1 1/2 pounds favorite pound cake

Directions

1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.
   2. In a small bowl, combine jam with 3 cups raspberries, mashing slightly. In a large bowl, whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks.
   3. Slice pound cake 3/4 inch thick; brush both sides of slices with lemon syrup.
   4. Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Gently spread top of layer with 1/3 of raspberry mixture, and then 1/3 of whipped cream and a layer of cold custard. Repeat to make two more layers; garnish with remaining cup raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.

Re: Deserts! by AmakaOne(f): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
Ingredients:

* 150g/6oz Digestive Biscuits
* 75g/3oz Butter melted
* 225g/8oz Cottage Cheese
* 150ml/ ¼ pint fresh Double Cream
* 50g/2oz Caster Sugar
* 2 cups sliced Strawberries

Instructions:

* Crush biscuits with a roll,in pin.
* Melt butter in a bowl then add the crushed biscuits.
* Use 50 percent of the mix to cover the base of a 18cm/7in flan case and chill
* Rub cottage cheese through a sieve.
* Whip cream until very thick.
* Fold cottage cheese, sugar, and strawberries into the cream.
* Spread mixture on top of the crumbs.
* Top with lattice of the remaining crumbs.
* Chill for 1 hour before serving.

Re: Deserts! by nila07: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
basic crepe recipe

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.

my twist: add a few drops of vanilla extract and a pinch of nutmeg to the batter, it makes it so much better.
then when you finich making the crepes, if you're a chocolate person like me, you can spread nutella before folding them. and add a scoop of ice scream on top. the flavor is your choice. I use the Häagen-Dazs mango. my family loves them!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basic-Crepes/Detail.aspx
Re: Deserts! by iice(f): 4:10am On Sep 09, 2008
Yummy!!
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
could someone say something that's a little bit less fattening??
Re: Deserts! by amyliajane(f): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
how about fruit salad
Re: Deserts! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
amyliajane:

how about fruit salad

Thats very nice but is there something else
Re: Deserts! by fineapple: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2008
That's why they are called desserts. a little slice of cake, small portion of fruit salad with a dollop of whipped cream should be enough

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare The Nigerian Stew / Prepare Your Fruit Juice With Ease @ Home! / 15 Things You Did Not Know About Blackberries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.