Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,824 members, 7,902,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family (889 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family by Cee0: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2008
My friend told me that she is afraid that her family and her people will not accept her children as one of them because they are not full blood Nigerian. She is, her husband is not. Does anyone know if this is true? and if so, why?

Thanks.

-C
Re: Family by sistajay(f): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2008
This is mumbo jumbo talk to me, it cant be true, unless the parents are racist.
Re: Family by frank316(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2008
this is a lie, thats how they spoil our names over there
Re: Family by Cee0: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2008
Thats what I was told. Shes afraid that her kids wont be accepted when she returns home for family events and Nigerian conventions here in the states. She said they may treat her and the little ones as outcasts. Maybe shes using that as an excuse to get out of something, or perhaps its just the way her people are. I have no clue.
Re: Family by itstpia8: 1:26am On Dec 21, 2014
they should learn about their heritage, you or your friend cant be waiting for them to know it by accident or for outsiders to teach them what it is.

in this case, since she is the one who is nigerian, not her husband, then no, they will probably not be fully accepted.

they should still learn the aforementioned though, unless you want to raise them in their father's culture, or the culture where they are now.

(1) (Reply)

Be Honest ! Between Your Pudicitia And Your Baby / Economic Downturn Is Tearing Marriages Apart - Judge Cries Out- Clifford Agbajor / So Much Divorce Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.