Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,952 members, 7,922,349 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:58 AM

Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. (5918 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Gaps In Our Beliefs. / Why Cant We Discuss Our beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
^^Guy u still dey lie. If I catch u for real life I go flog u die.
U still arent making sense. And u arent a smart liar.
1. Magnetic suits? Why didnt the magnetic suits attract metal from people in the crowd since they were standing in the crowd?

2. If it was all a gimmick, why did they have to use magnetic suits and walls at all? Why not just ask the people to pretend?

U obviously didnt think that lie out well enough. Little creativity. And even lesser shame. Else u would have had d dignity to keep quiet by now.

Now think ur next reply through and let's stop derailing the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Uyi Iredia and bolaino, are you entertained?

See how a scientific event is easily explained to doubters like phenomenvfx?

Unlike your supernatural events that are based on faith

I proffered explanations on trances and bolaino's: I also explained with posted pics (on Nairaland) a certain Bryan Adams magic trick of levitating beside a bus and believe that the likes of Criss Angel are using physical illusions_nothing new.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: ^^Guy u still dey lie. If I catch u for real life I go flog u die.
U still arent making sense. And u arent a smart liar.
1. Magnetic suits? Why didnt the magnetic suits attract metal from people in the crowd since they were standing in the crowd?

2. If it was all a gimmick, why did they have to use magnetic suits and walls at all? Why not just ask the people to pretend?

U obviously didnt think that lie out well enough. Little creativity. And even lesser shame. Else u would have had d dignity to keep quiet by now.

Now think ur next reply through and let's stop derailing the thread.

1) like i said....electro magnets....on and off.

2) try simulating being repelled by a wall and see how ridiculous you look.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I proffered explanations on trances and bolaino's: I also explained with posted pics (on Nairaland) a certain Bryan Adams magic trick of levitating beside a bus and believe that the likes of Criss Angel are using physical illusions_nothing new.

No problem then
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) like i said....electro magnets....on and off.

2) try simulating being repelled by a wall and see how ridiculous you look.

SMH. The more u talk the more u reveal ur ignorance.

Like I said how big were such powerful magnets that people didnt notice?

If they were electromagnets, how big were their power source to be able to generate that kind of force and where was the power source located? And dont go claiming wireless power sources now.

U really should have listened in school instead of doing drugs. If u had would have known how electromagnets work.
Which part of the suit was the negative and positive magnetive poles? I ask because I am sure u know u cant claim that the whole suit was one polarity. And if it wasnt one polarity, the wall would have attracted it somehow.

Stop digging dude.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ bolaino: still waiting for your reply to my questions. More thoughts on the supernatural. Even whilst Christian I quickly noted, like most I assume, that supernatural events always relate to physical bodies, witches journeying to the spirit world still retain their self-residual image and do have 'astral bodies', talking snakes, fallen manna, virgin births, pink unicorns, dragons etc. These involve physical objects which shape, in space, presumably concieved to have weight. So I asked a friend (using Jesus' birth as an example) whilst a fresher in CU: Isn't the supernatural just a natural event we hardly see or can't explain ? My friend's reply was along the lines that since God was involved it is supernatural. I then proposed that then even things taken to be natural like bathing, $€x, rains etc are supernatural since God is responsible, my friend stood his ground. I can't remember the details of the conversation but I recall it being interesting.

. . . more to come.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

If they were electromagnets, how big were their power source to be able to generate that kind of force and where was the power source located? And dont go claiming wireless power sources now.

U really should have listened in school instead of doing drugs. If u had would have known how electromagnets work.
Which part of the suit was the negative and positive magnetive poles? I ask because I am sure u know u cant claim that the whole suit was one polarity. And if it wasnt one polarity, the wall would have attracted it somehow.

Stop digging dude.

Emm. Dude you should watch some more MythBusters, TED or even those MITV programs that shows technology of the 90's and early 21st century in Japan. There are electromagnets capable of repelling masses more than that of a human that can be well-concealed. Also Google 'Boaz Almog TED' to find a video on magnetic levitation. Note the part which talks about a superconductor levitating a weight 1000 times its mass. Funny enough it doesn't involve electricity. A good magnet and a superconductor is all that is required.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Stop digging dude.

Ehem....use you brain

Almost any machine could be hidden behind a wall of normal size. The magnet itself was mostly the wall and the other parts were behind the wall.

As for the suits, it could be made of many small electro magnets located at specific parts to reduce weight.

As for the poles for the magnetic bodysuit, you should know that the poles can easily be dtermined for an electromagnet. It depends on the direction of the coil.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Emm. Dude you should watch some more MythBusters, TED or even those MITV programs that shows technology of the 90's and early 21st century in Japan. There are electromagnets capable of repelling masses more than that of a human that can be well-concealed. Also Google 'Boaz Almog TED' to find a video on magnetic levitation. Note the part which talks about a superconductor levitating a weight 1000 times its mass. Funny enough it doesn't involve electricity. A good magnet and a superconductor is all that is required.

Thanks Uyi.........dont mind phenomenom......he is lucky that I didnt study much physics.....I would have explained it better
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Logicboy I am holding u to ur word on what u said u saw and u explained how the guy did it. U even said he did some incantations or so if I recall correctly. Uyi is even trying to help u out. But he still hasnt talked about the power issue. And superconductivity is another ball game entirely. What he said is what I was expecting u to say in the beginning. But I knew u didnt experience or even know what u were talking about and now u have given 3 different explanations already.
For ur info, in electromagnets, it is the ends of the coils that holds the ploles. So ur explanation still lacks merit.
We can keep talking about this if u want.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: @Logicboy I am holding u to ur word on what u said u saw and u explained how the guy did it. U even said he did some incantations or so if I recall correctly. Uyi is even trying to help u out. But he still hasnt talked about the power issue. And superconductivity is another ball game entirely. What he said is what I was expecting u to say in the beginning. But I knew u didnt experience or even know what u were talking about and now u have given 3 different explanations already.
For ur info, in electromagnets, it is the ends of the coils that holds the ploles. So ur explanation still lacks merit.
We can keep talking about this if u want.

Guy....just admit it,

You wrongly assumed that I was lying maybe because I didnt give a full explanation. So far, any unbiased person will see that I am telling tbe truth. C’mon after all I have said, dont you even have the slightest positive velief that it happened?

Gaddem, i see now the dogmatic disbelief the xtians/theist complain about
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lol, in the typical logicboy fashion, he has succeeded in derailing the thread, we're now talking about magnets. Lol, LB no go kee me ooo.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
bolaino: lol, u know the funny thing about the new atheist movement, which logicboy is a proud member, they've turned out to become the very thing they started out fighting. They've become dogmatic, and they've closed their minds to any possibility of the supernatural existing. Logicboy won't agree but he has become dogmatic, any information he sees that doesn't conform to the walls of modern day science, he considers it absurd.

That for logicboy. Im an atheist but believe in paranormal too. Though I dont call it supernatural because everything in nature is super.....just like calling it natural wonders. Believing in this stuff doesn't change my atheist stance that God doesn't exist.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
^^^What's the evidence for the paranormal ?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^What's the evidence for the paranormal ?

Like Obadiah will always say....he received esoteric knowledge from the Most High.....could be after smoking his weeds.

This is not snacks and juice you see in stores. Even though we have coca-cola today, they still have secrets among the staffs in the organisation. You cant ask any staff member to explain how their products are made....evidence what makes coca-cola not faked like Gulda or Star beer. You can only know and realise this when you drink coke and sees it different from pepsi. Secrecy is part of business survival and it part of life.

Ghostsparta challenged any doubters to disprove him. Non of you here do. I raised a challenge, it was only mazaje that stand on this. It is either you wait till he disprove it or you hold to your disbelief. Expecting me to show you something when you behind the internet not the stuff needed. Look out for those that have this or wait till mazaje proof or disprove it. It doesn't reduce anything in you man. Cheers
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
^^^Sure secrets are useful in business but some need to be shared. The cure of ailments using anti-biotics thankfully wasn't kept secret. In any case, I am QUITE surprised you insist your position should be disproved without you bringing evidence. That's what you appear to state.

Why would you believe in the paranormal and disbelieve supernatural events stated in sacred texts ?

In fact, I really want to know why you will apply skepticism as regards God and ignore it as regards the paranormal ? You can start out by stating the kind of paranormal stuff you believe in near-death experiences perhaps ?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^Sure secrets are useful in business but some need to be shared. The cure of ailments using anti-biotics thankfully wasn't kept secret. In any case, I am QUITE surprised you insist your position should be disproved without you bringing evidence. That's what you appear to state.

Why would you believe in the paranormal and disbelieve supernatural events stated in sacred texts ?

In fact, I really want to know why you will apply skepticism as regards God and ignore it as regards the paranormal ? You can start out by stating the kind of paranormal stuff you believe in near-death experiences perhaps ?

This is a small hint I will like to give you here. When I was in secondary school, it happens one day that my Yoruba spoke about Aje(witch) and he claimed the only way to make people confess is if you force a witch to eat a treeback called epo obo. I went home, ponder if I have a witch and didn't know about this. So I went to the local herbs store and bought epo obo worth of N20. I went into my room and ate this time...several seconds later, I vomit the guts in me. It got to a stage, there is nothing to vomit anymore...i only shock and sometime like someone is draging my intestine with me. My parent asked what I have eaten and I told them. So my dad made preparation for red oil which I used and the whole thing stopped. He later asked me reason why I took that thing and I replied I wanted to test what my teacher taught me in school. He didn't say anything but laugh.

I didn't ask my teacher the evidence and whats behind it. I didn't ask him to explain the process of doing this thing, he only gave me a tip and I end up... This didn't end here, when I get to SSS 3 in yoruba class again, we were told to buy a text title 'odu ifa merindinlogun and asa ati orisha' for the preparation for WAEC exam. I got mine and read through it even before my teacher explain anything from it. The book contain some process of making Ifa divination, incantations(odu) and some interpretations. I consulted one of my friend which his dad is an Ifa priest. He agreed to sneak me inside when his dad is out. On that faithful day, his dad went to the bush for some leaves, we sneaked in with my book right in my hand. He seat in the very place this man sits, brought out my book and the guy brought out his dad Opele from a white wrapped cloth. I read my odu and incantation from the book with me, and follow due process as stated in the book..... You know what my result was? I didn't see anything, it look like BS and find my way out. When this man came from farm, he knows everything that happen.....he accursed his son..my friend for allowing me to sneak in, and said the book cant explain everything in life. He said it is hidden, he knows right in the farm we came there and our plight to know this but we need to go slowly and watch things. He said I can only know Ifa if he reveal those secret to me personally. Let me end the story here...............

It is a known fact that herbs is known but you should know today that not all herbs are know. Some ailment treatments involve sacrifices, inscissors, incantations and some secret procedures...this is not cashew and mango leaves or treeback logicboy is ranting here.

You getting me wrong totally when you said you should disprove my claim without me bringing any evidence. What evidence do you want for bullet proof juju? You want me to go and get gun without license or because of you, shoot my target and post the video here so that you will say it edited or bring another video depicting gun shot spot using it as your disproving tool? Nah. Im not playing my game in such way, im not forcing you to seek out for it. Im only telling you to come with your gun, target to hit and the preparation for the bullet proof juju will be done by me. It is your job to shoot not me shooting. Nobody here picked the challenge except mazaje. If you are determined for evidence, hit ghostsparta here https://www.nairaland.com/1394890/real-hero-here Or pick one with me, thats not too hard to do. That for that...nail it.

Reading the bible and quran is enough to make you doubt the existence of God. These are public and something everybody knows. I was forced to believe it from birth and when I grow up, I realised some lies like the easter crap where pastor will tell you jesus resurrect and you will see him and hide behind jesus is standing in the middle of the sun. I disprove this the day I got eye shade and when it easter, I didn't see any jesus. Give creates room for question. But when I said something is esoteric, you cant make me question what I dont know. You cant ask me reason why cultist beat new members because that is the secrets to only member.

Near Death Experience is researched by scientist and it explained. It is the brain in action according to reports I read. So why will you want me to believe it?

Dear Uyi, Magun, Ayeta Atagba and other local stuff I know exist because I saw it
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Double post
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ FOLYKAZE: I laughed and said 'Logicboy would be officially mindblown after reading this.' That was my initial reaction while reading this. But seriously, I now see your atheism as Afro-centric in this regard, not that atheists in the West ain't superstitious_some are or were. Hmmn.

Your last response is what I want you to apply to all ypur experiences. If NDE is, as you say, researched and explained by scientists, one would expect you to do the same for the experiences you stated and more you haven't told. Some things we know can explain (eg epilepsy) were attributed to spirits and considered paranormal but now adequately explained, so why won't you, at least, apply science-based skepticism or reasoning in your paranormal experiences ? I have done such to at least some of my experiences and sufficiently account for them. Now, I'll go deeper, do you believe in evolution ? I ask because your belief in the paranormal doesn't fall in line with advocates of it.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Folykaze don fall my hand.......

Chei.....Uyi Iredia stop destroying my anti-supernatural ministry angry
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Folykaze don fall my hand.......

Your hand don dey up all this while na, he go don dey pain you.........
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ FOLYKAZE: I laughed and said 'Logicboy would be officially mindblown after reading this.' That was my initial reaction while reading this. But seriously, I now see your atheism as Afro-centric in this regard, not that atheists in the West ain't superstitious_some are or were. Hmmn.

Im not here because of western atheist or because I want to group myself with some people. What exactly is it you called belief in superstition? The one you have not disproved?

Your last response is what I want you to apply to all ypur experiences. If NDE is, as you say, researched and explained by scientists, one would expect you to do the same for the experiences you stated and more you haven't told. Some things we know can explain (eg epilepsy) were attributed to spirits and considered paranormal but now adequately explained, so why won't you, at least, apply science-based skepticism or reasoning in your paranormal experiences ? I have done such to at least some of my experiences and sufficiently account for them.

Did I mention anything like spirit in my post or did I attribute anything in my post with spirit? Why are you putting words in my mouth? There are lot learn in life. You start somewhere and possibly wont know all. I love exploring things and also wish to have more knowledge about things. But this wont make me dispute things I dont have much knowledge about. I will better say I dont know how it happen than saying it is fake...... Again I repeat, if what I stated in my previous post are wrong, why cant you hit the nail on my head directly?

Now, I'll go deeper, do you believe in evolution ? I ask because your belief in the paranormal doesn't fall in line with advocates of it.

There is evidence for evolution. Isn't it? There are more fact in it than we can find in creation theory. So let me say here that I agree with the theory of evolution.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Logicboy......hope it will be good if I complete the trinireligion in Nigeria? I got bible and can quote the crap, same with quran but I will like checking on Ifa...

Not having one now until I move away from this old man but having knowledge of it will be ok na?

PAGAN9JA where thou art? You don get task o
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ bolaino: Still waiting for your input. Please start by answering my questions. If you have any I'll answer.

FOLYKAZE:

Im not here because of western atheist or because I want to group myself with some people. What exactly is it you called belief in superstition? The one you have not disproved?

I was just alluding to atheists who have/have had superstitious beliefs, in particular New Age stuff.

FOLYKAZE:
Did I mention anything like spirit in my post or did I attribute anything in my post with spirit? Why are you putting words in my mouth? There are lot learn in life. You start somewhere and possibly wont know all. I love exploring things and also wish to have more knowledge about things. But this wont make me dispute things I dont have much knowledge about. I will better say I dont know how it happen than saying it is fake...... Again I repeat, if what I stated in my previous post are wrong, why cant you hit the nail on my head directly?

Read well. I never said you brought up spirits so I didn't put anything in your mouth. I was saying that you should apply science-based skepticism/reasoning to the encounters you shared. This is why some people disbelieve in the supernatural, if you've read The God Delusion you'll note how Dawkins accounted for an event a person could have attributed to a spirit. I think your first encounter is possibly explained by your body not used to the fruit, the reactions you describe could be a result of chemicals in the fruit. Your second event is quite baffling. Are you sure the entire book was blank ? Maybe the thing blank as per say Orunmila sabi say you no go worship Eledumare grin As for being wrong, I won't put it that way. I'll put it as funny you say you believe in such since you are an atheist.

FOLYKAZE:

There is evidence for evolution. Isn't it? There are more fact in it than we can find in creation theory. So let me say here that I agree with the theory of evolution.

Okay. You see fact in it.

Now why would you want a skeptic to find merit in the stories you shared ? Is it testable and repeatable ? Especially the Ifa one. I have played the skeptic and suggested an explanation for the first.

As for the bulletproof ish I will only shoot if an affidavit is signed by the bullet-proof charm wearer that if he forfeits his life it's his fault. When you reply I will share an experience of mine.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 11:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Folykaze don fall my hand.......

Lol. No be me cause wahala, na FOLY.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 1:02am On Aug 21, 2013
I once wrote an article that I was to post on RDFRS on why an african will most likely not be an atheist and my phone went off just as I finished typing but before I could click the "send" key. I didn't bother re-writing. I have followed this thread and well, I've had fun so far. I still have a Lawrence Krauss to decipher (understanding why there is something rather than nothing) and understand and I'm still trying to convince myself of the anthropic principle....anyway, uyi said he doesn't believe in aliens.. I'll like to spice your thoughts. Earth supports life because it's in a goldilock zone. There's a possibility there's somewhere in the universe that supports life too and hence, aliens (the universe is big and still expanding). The closest we know is the Zeta reculi and most UFO enthusiasts follow a common trend in ascribing alien origin to zeta reticuli.. It's a plausible stance and given the fact that it's scientifically possible, I won't write the possibility off. I'm just surprised when some people believe their senses can't be tricked. Subject everything to reason. I have once been lectured on the supernatural. Someone close to me gave experiences. Someone even said he made some incantations and money came into his room mysteriously. Well, I didn't tell him outrightly he's a liar and I didn't throw his argument out of the window though I'm hoping he'll tell me how to do it. Anyway like Thomas Jefferson advised, "question their pretenses if it's against the natural course of the laws of nature"... Do not be lazy to question things and hurriedly subject it to "faith" or "supernnatural".. Our common ridicule is always "show me an amputee who got his arm back" or "someone who had a 3rd degree burn and it cleared after a miracle session". We are most likely never going to see. I don't understand why someone will believe someone got a new womb when he can't get a new hand. It looks like people see internals as separate to externals..whatever the logic, people never fail to amuse me. Like a friend of mine will jokingly say "maybe there is a secret that the ancient found that has been passed from generation to generation that science hasn't gotten hold of..., but definitely, it's a matter of time"

2 Likes

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 5:33am On Aug 21, 2013
Tales of the paranormal abound both here in africa, in asia, and even in the western world. But like folykaze said, if he should bring a video of something supernatural, logicboy would scream foul, sighting inconsistencies in the video angles, and he'll conclude with "it's obvious the video was doctored" I put this question to logicboy, what would make u believe in the supernatural or metaphysical.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2013
bolaino: Tales of the paranormal abound both here in africa, in asia, and even in the western world. But like folykaze said, if he should bring a video of something supernatural, logicboy would scream foul, sighting inconsistencies in the video angles, and he'll conclude with "it's obvious the video was doctored" I put this question to logicboy, what would make u believe in the supernatural or metaphysical.

First, why are there no inconsistencies in science videos unlike your supernatural ones grin

I will believe in the supernatural when there is evidence for it.

The simple evidence i would like to see is someone healing an amputee. I dont care if it is a christian, satanist or herbalist that does the healing...i will believe the persons god or powers.

Healing an amputee cant be faked

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Logicboy's response is okay.

@ Hemical: I'm an ID'st. I have infact heard of goldlilocks conditions being all that is required in 'A Short History Of The Universe', a TED talk by David Christian. I couldn't disagree more with what was said by the historian, in any case, I must note that DNA isn't even a self-replicating molecule, it is built by certain proteins. The goldilocks conditions Christian says accounts for life have never been seen to causally account for anything resembling life. Likewise, I disbelieve in aliens and I am sure that decades from now SETI dudes will be cooking up more stories to keep their funding. As for Krauss' book, I'm interested in reading it but I STRONGLY disagree with his (and even certain aspects taken for granted in mainstream physics) notions_read an interview of his and a bigthink talk by him. For one, I don't think space expands (a very fraudulent idea), two, while I concede the existence of virtual particles, I think it inane to say they gave rise to the universe, three, his assertion that the universe's making is made plausible by the laws of physics strikes me as inane since it implies a self-caused thing (Nature) which is mutable. I think many philosophers of olds have sufficiently dealth with the question of why mutable things are finite and hence needful of an cause outside themselves.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2013
@ bolaino: You never answer my question o ! angry Don't you want to talk again about your agnosticism.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Bolaino, I don't think there's anything you can bring forward that hasn't been seen on a magic set with full explanation. It always appears supernatural to the "uninitiated".. Like Houdini once greatly remarked, "things that stun most people don't stun me probably because of the nature of my job". I have heard people say, if there is a fake or a fake attempt (at miracles or supernatural in general), then there has to be an original. I didn't have to go into any fallacious theories to shake my head at the sheer ignorance of the proponent. Another stood out quite evidently. His argument was "if people talk about it, then it exists".. Another flawed argument. I was stunned, I had to use ad hominem. Some people never went through a day of logic class or never came across any form of philosophy. Some even go on to say "how did uneducated people effectively make use of "advanced" science in the dark ages?" Well, we always forget how much time they had to "observe". Some even think only the educated is capable of reasoning and observation. If you think you've seen anything supernatural before (because most people here actually can't do any themselves, try to see if it can be done in any other way). If you can't think of any other way, reason with someone else. Most things aren't as mysterious as you think they are.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi, your point reminds me of dawkins' God's irreducible complex immunity. If they need a cause outside of themselves, what caused that first cause? First cause regression argument has been there for ages and I think the beauty of science is the fact that you can disagree with anything and come up with better theories which is what you are doing with David Christian and all you have to do is go out and look for other people who have views that may appeal to you. Science evolves based on technological advances and every theory is always a ground for improvision. IDs fail to tell us what caused the designer. Or are we incapable of finding answers to that? On the issue of aliens, even with an intelligent designer, do you think Earth is the only place he could come up with to place "living" things? Looks like you know him well enough to think he can't make other "living" things and place them any other place outside earth. P.S: I'm not supporting any sighting or conspiracy. But come to think of it, why should you think earth is the only place where "living" things can be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GOODBYE TO YOU ALL / 40 Spiritual Reasons Why You Are Not Yet Married. / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.