Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,114 members, 7,973,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:22 AM

N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos (20611 Views)

#PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / NTDC Boss Fights In Brazil, Chews Contract To Cover Up Fraud / Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
nerodenero: Did you say cruelty!!! What would you say about boxing and wrestling? What of Motor racing or Formula 1 that kills participants. What will you call that?

Seriously!!!!
Boxing is voluntary. No one puts a gun to your head and demands that you fight. On the other hand, ram fights are induced.
If someone forces you to fight another person for their pleasure, then it would be cruelty.

Wrestling? Really? Are you serious?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Pukkah: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
A-town:

Seriously!!!!
Boxing is voluntary. No one puts a gun to your head and demands that you fight. On the other hand, ram fights are induced.
If someone forces you to fight another person for their pleasure, then it would be cruelty.

Wrestling? Really? Are you serious?

It is not in all cases that the 'induced' rams fight. No?

If they don't fight all the time then they are not forced.

1 Like

Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Originakalokalo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Those of you talking about inhuman nature of the game pls thinks twice

there has been more than 1000 deaths related to boxing.people die in the ring due to knock out and the hit on the head.

Google this and find out.so? Shuld boxing be stoped?

If no,then why are we shouting about ram sport?

What of a horse that is tired,that wants to rest and eat grass,and is forced to run? Isnt that inhuman too?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
A-town:

There is a difference between "torturing" animals for pleasure and "killing" them for food. I'm sure you know this.
I think i know. When they're been killed for food, they don't feel any pain.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Dsage1: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

Well I get to choose dont I?

These animals have no choice. The comparison to wrestlers falls short because these wrestlers have rules to their game. When they get hurt, it is usually as a result of a stunt gone wrong and guess what? These wrestlers are insured and are well remunerated and can get quality health care.

Now compare that to these animals.

Here let me break it down for you. When you kill an animal for food, it hurts for a few seconds or maybe minutes and its ordeal is over. When an animal is made to fight, it can sustain grievous wounds which will cause it agony. That animal might be made to fight again and may sustain more wounds. Or it may die a slow agonizing death resulting from wounds sustained during its first fight.

I hope the difference is made clear now.

I got your points man, didn't you see the part that mentioned match officials in the original post? The writter talked about 'ram monitor, ram referee and ram marshal' just like regulatory bodies/officials in other sports. Besides, who tell you animals don't have access to good health?

As for your second paragraph,(in the court of law) killing is killing whether slowly or sudden. Religions aside,killing of animals for food or for whatever reasons you may call it is the greatest evil on the animal involve.

Not that I'm in support of Rams fighting but calling them wicked while you yourselves are still killing animals for some reasons is quite annoying.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by hitlab: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
emiye: I am bringing this my ram too, its got swagzz.
U mind deworming dis skinny beast first?
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think i know. When they're been killed for food, they don't feel any pain.

Come on. Your point is weak.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
hahaha! We are all laughing at the office right now! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by vainfairy: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
okpara ugo: Animal cruelty...

Why create tribalism and rivalry among animals Lagos ram, abuja ram fighting kaduna ram..

Small time, we shall see PDP ram fighting APC ram with buhari face.

lmao! U don dey madt abi
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 22, 2013
One of my greatest amazement in life is meat eating pple that call themselves animal rights activist. It's jst funny. Can someone tell me the difference between tying a ram's legs down and then putting a knife to its throat and using the animals to fight? It is the same to me ooooo. Animal rights ko animal rights ni. The only time animals will have rights is when they can refuse to be eaten. No animals were harmed in this movie na yinmu but many were slaughtered and eaten sha. You're eating goat head pepper soup and calling yourself animal rights activist God is watchin u.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2013
A-town:

Come on. Your point is weak.
Don't mind me jare. When Animals are slaughtered, they don't feel anything.
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by christiscomin: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is bad, why are human beings so wicked...
Re: N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos by Baddestguyp(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
christ is comin: This is bad, why are human beings so wicked...
shut up!!! By the way, e bi like say i go thief dis my friend's ram.cheesy grin grin E strong o. I go use am bet my house sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Celebrates Wife's Birthday ( Photos ) / Northern Youths Challenge Buhari Over Certificate / BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.