Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,999 members, 7,933,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State (13303 Views)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State / Flogging Competition In Ipetu-Ijesha, Osun State (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2013
See short-sighted pple talking....
The philosophical ideology of religion is more than what you people take it to be!
We all have our minds and what we follow....are you now saying the traditional worshippers should not celebrate...
I so much respect Ogbeni,d governor of osun state..That man is a true example of good leadership spirit.
He make ssure he balances all....he attends mosques on friday,church on sunday and traditional celebrations as well!.....if all our leaders were like that,do you think Nigeria wl stl b suffering from this tribalistic and religious conflict that we r in?.....d ansa is NO!
Just last weekend,he gave 40million naira for the burial Of Late Obadare...even tho he is a muslim..he went to the burial ceremony and removed his cap(sumfn muslims wouldnt ordinarily do during prayers)...
Dats a true leader!

7 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Dyt(f): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2013
steveec122: Which gods? I know Only one God-my creator.

I hate hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by teskyg: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2013
APC manifesto.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2013
Good News! If witches and wizards are on holiday(out of service), it means people can go about their normal business without fear of bewitchment! Just kidding.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Okijajuju: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2013
Dyt:

I hate hypocrites

You and me both.. wink
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2013
CrazyMan:
Singing strange songs.

Whats's good brah...its been a while. wink
lmao. you got them perfectly. hey my brother CrazyMan, it has been a while. you stopped coming to the religion section. wink
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Dyt(f): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Okija juju:

You and me both.. wink

Both kini
I don't hav problem with whatever ppl believe
I don't judge
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2013
kulyie: grin funny man grin
hey Kulyie whats good madam ? trust all is well wink grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Okijajuju: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Dyt:

Both kini
I don't hav problem with whatever ppl believe
I don't judge

You and me both..

Why are you fighting.. Can't you see I agree with you?! grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Blind people still living in stone age

Modernize/new age slave

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by jayriginal: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Blind people still living in stone age

Fully seeing, you now worship a dead carpenter said to have lived about 2000 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by misterh(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
olumaxi: Its now obvious that Ogbeni and his APC members r just gamblin on how to govern..they ought to av known that road constructions and public holidays wont put food on d table of d masses..what we need him to do is to provide good jobs for d youth(not o-yes wch dia wards canneva do)..i think its tym we get rid of these fake people b4 they ruin our lives in this country
What?? Road construction is now bad Which kind of logic is this? Only on Nairaland will one read such! It's now a bad thing to construct roads? Public holidays are declared all over the world! Do you know anything about O'YES? Do you know of its variant, O'YESTech? Please educate yourself.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by payan(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
olumaxi: Its now obvious that Ogbeni and his APC members r just gamblin on how to govern..they ought to av known that road constructions and public holidays wont put food on d table of d masses..what we need him to do is to provide good jobs for d youth(not o-yes wch dia wards canneva do)..i think its tym we get rid of these fake people b4 they ruin our lives in this country

I AM VERY EXCITED WITH THE INTEREST THAT YOU HAVE IN MAKING LIFE BETTER FOR NIGERIAN YOUTH, BUT WE MUST STILL UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS LITTLE THE GOVENRMENT CAN DO ABOUT UEMPLOYMENT ISSUE. WE (INCLUDING MYSELF)MUST MOVE FROM THE ERA OF LOOKING FOR JOB TO CREATING JOBS.IF WE LOOK AROUND OUR STREETS WE WILL CERTAINLY SEE THE NEEDS THAT MUST BE MET AND THERE IS NO HOW WE MEET THOSE NEEDS THAT MONEY WILL NOT FLOW IN. THOUGH GOVERNMENT MUST PUT IN PLACE BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE FOR US TO LEVERAGE ON YET WE MUST NOT FOLD OUR HANDS BE WATCHING AND EXPECT ALL OF US TO BE EMPLOYEED BY GOVERNMENT EITHER AT THE STATE OR FED LEVEL. I BELIEVE IF WE CAN RISE TO THIS OCASSION, TOMMOROW WILL BE BETTER.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Melancholy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
brownlord: AND THE STATE IS STILL THE MOST BACKWARD STATE IN NIGERIA
FOR UR MIND! I guarantee u quality basic education for ur children.And u as their father a quick employment u can ever think of-YES O! Recruitment program.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by ajf(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Austeenxx: God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God, God... What is this? embarassed
Water and garri ni. SMH..................

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
iamswizz: Pagan Naija go dey happy now... Abi he no dey Osun?

Our Traditional religions cannot take us anywhere..

Follow Christ!!!

Happy birthday, Seun Osewa

Where has your christ taken you to than enslavement, oppression, corruption, exploitation, greediness and holy fraudulent?

We know your politicians are swore into office with bible and quran, does that stop them from stealing public fund? Has any politician move your country forward? Damn it....you new age slave

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by ajf(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
yunglykmine: Public holidays has now become a child's play in this country...
Very soon some states will also declare Feb 14th(Valentine's day)a Public holiday.
Ridiculous.
Oh yes! So true. But make sure to bring this to our minds when you are enjoying your Christmas or sallah break. You are not an hypocrite, are you?

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2013

Send that message of yours to your pastors and priest to close down their churches and get themselves into something better. Or turn church to orphanage home, schools or library. The basic reason for backwardness in this country is churches turning into business and exploitation.#

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ d comerado wey talk say road construction no good..
Why cnt u think?...look at what ogbeni is doing....d roads,d beuatification of d streets, d good education for the masses....
U fink if all those past fools dat ruled osun did same,osun wl stl b where it is today??...
Dnt u knw when a state is beautiful,it wl attract potential businessmen n companies to create factories and trade centres in d state.....which wl in turn provide employment?...
You want him to create employment,do you thinks its just waking up a day and creating companies that wl do it?..if there r companies n there r no gud roads for people coming into the state,dnt u knw d companies wl just wind-up in no time.....
Fink well bro!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
CrazyMan: Bunch of wired looking people dressed in archaic costumes, sitting on bug infested mats and speaking to cowries …why not declare the whole week or month as public holiday so they can serve their deity properly.

*Long hiss*

Bunch of brainless, zombie and animalistic human like you worship a dead man on a stick as your saviour. Why do you want christmas and easter but dont want traditional holiday? Daft

5 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
You re a Yoruba dude in the uk, they say its halloween, you rush to tesco and u buy costumes; vampire, red nun, ghost face etc for the party. You now get to Nigeria, they say ogun festival or Osun festival, you shout ''it is evil and devilish'', then i say congratulations! the size of your brain is smaller than that of an ape and you kinda Zombie.......animal in human skin!!!

At last common sense prevailed. Just hope Fed Govt would emulate him. We have been marginalized for so long.

6 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Delafruita(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is the best new i have heard in a while.it just shows that with time our country will grow to a stage where there will be tolerance for the beliefs of others.its only fair that the traditional worshippers get their own day of recognition.osun state is a place with massive numbers of traditional worshippers and they are just as serious with their beliefs as christians and muslims.i have had the privilege of been at the osun-osogbo festival,the olojo festival in ife,the ogiyan festival in ejigbo and a few others and i couldnt but be impressed with the organization and fanaticism of adherrents.i am of the opinion that traditional worshippers have more confidence, respect and fear for their gods.hopefully the federal government will take a cue from this

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
adebayo201: [center]Already![/center]
why
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
adebayo201: [center]Already![/center]
why?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
I wl always say it....d day we free ourselves from dis bondage d white men has put us,then that day we wl progress......
And some pple r complaining abt the Governor cos he gave public holiday!!....When we hv christmas and eids ..dnt dey give us holiday?..then y separate those pple as if they aint human...
Go to America,even tho christianity is there,the government stl gives full recognitiont o all those latin gods and d likes......
.Now blaming a gud man....what ogbeni has done in 3yrs.....d fools that spent 7yrs and 7mnths didnt achieve up to 10percent of it!!.....
Is it d roads?......
Is it d unity?....
Is it d free education for primary n secondar school students?
Is it the employment?....
Is it the provision of food?......
Empowerment of youths thru skill acquisitions and provision of capital for start up?
Is it opon imo?....
Is it the money old pple are collecting.......
We rili need to praise dis man!....When i entered my town abt 2mnths ago,it was just like i was dreaming........see d development!.....
I cn boldly say it that the opponent party does nt hv anything to use as campaign manifesto cos dis man has touched EVERYTHING........
And i knw osun pple r ready to stand by him in 2014 even if at gun point!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Boll2010: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yippppeeee!!!! Its a welcome developmt.....if only osun modernise d celebratn to a festival lyk.....whr d traditional worshippas wil display it wil boost d IGR.......cuz it wil turn osun to d heart of tourism,whr foreigners wil com to knw more abt YORUBAs......n it promotes culture 4 d yoruba kids so dy wnt 4get d heritage......mind u osun nids dis cuz dts whr YORUBAS started from n diety shldnt b 4gt......proud supporter....am xtian tho.....bt everywhr belief is worth hearings......even in china dy put days aside to do al dis dia masqurade stuff......tink economical first FAM!!......atlist una dy watch jet lee. Bak den or ur kids u c dem apy celebratn dos masqurade.....gv dos worshipas a break dead skulls impounded in captivity of religion!!!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by frainc(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Very good, i like this

time don reach wey we go dey use
Songo
Amadioha
Ubu(Alusi miri)
shopona
Obatala
and other gods to dey swear in our killers
sorry i mean leaders b4 dem enter office

shey i comment?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by ajf(m): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Now I can clearly see that some Nigerians are nothing but brainwashed idiots. Those Oyinbos don use jik and omo wash their brain no be small........

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by teedolls(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wonders shall never end. Often time I get confused by the confusing personality of Rauf Aregbesola the Osun state governor cos you can't even tell where he belongs. Guess I'm not the only one bewildered by this completely preposterous holiday. So here is what it is, whatever your religion is, you have the right to request for your own public holiday. And that way this governor will leave the state stagnant than he had met it after 4years.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
iamswizz: Pagan Naija go dey happy now... Abi he no dey Osun?

Our Traditional religions cannot take us anywhere..

Follow Christ!!!
Happy birthday, Seun Osewa

This statement shows you are not tolerant of the views and feelings of others.

If that is what following Christ makes a human then I suggest you Unfollow Christ.

The Trado guys have as much right to their beliefs as you have to yours.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Guyman02: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
The best way to fight corruption in Nigeria is to introduce Swearing with traditional oath with ram horns, tortoise shell and red ribbon tied around cow horn by Nigerian leaders and not by Bible or Koran which is not feared by our people because of the belief that God or Allah is all merciful and forgiving but amadioha or obatala or shongo are merciless when you violate the oath you took. common sense!

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by adeakeem(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of osun state is trying to keep our cultural heritage.......................

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Nigerians Are Facing Hardship – Emir Of Zazzau Says / I Was Flogged By A Masquerade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.