Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,788 members, 7,969,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:52 AM

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (36309 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by mayo47(m): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2013
Yomieluv: if you can pay your way through the school-as in school fees wise,i see no reason you cant pay your way to Law school,if you are that concerned,and worried...it goes to show that most private unis are glorified secondary school.

what exact point are u making here
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by mcdokwe(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=venorite]

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school

you mean 500 from a single department in a year? now that's serious
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Freddestiny(f): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
zonaking: Did u pass jamb? That's the reason. You took the short cut hoping to avoid the due process but were caught in between. So you ve to wait.
you re vry stupid for righting such nonsense.Do u even have a primary school certificate abeg parkwell
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
A-town:

What matters is that you get value for your money. If you get good quality education from a private university, then good for you. On the other hand, if your federal university is the best in the country and "YOU" gain absolutely nothing from you school besides your horrible 2.2 or pass certificate, then whats the benefit of attending the so-called best university?
lol dude relax no 1 is dragging private school with you, if you read the post i quoted you'll see that i'm correcting an assumption, so you can save your tales by moonlight for maybe an interview.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by oka4bartho(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Bro/Sis, u need go find any member of the body of benchers to assist u.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
venorite: I am a law graduate from Madonna University. I finished from Madonna in 2011 and am yet to get admission in to the Nigerian law school. This has been the case with more than 1000 graduates that are yet to get admitted into the Nigerian law school. I and my colleagues have contacted the school without getting any response.

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school via Madonna, others had to lobby their way into law school. The in thing now is that some students pay big money to get admitted into law school while some that have ogas at the top have their names included in the supplementary list which comes from bwari, Abuja. The ones that are unable to pay or have no one are left to their fate. This is what so many of us have been subjected to and currently, there are only 52 Madonna students names on the law school websites while other state and fed school get as much as 130-200 names (Abia state has 130 names)….

My question is (1) why can’t private universities and Madonna in particular get as much slots in law school as Fed and State Universities, (2) why do we have to pay our way into law school after spending 5years and exorbitant amounts to get a law degree (3) what is the solution to this? The annoying thing is that without your B.L degree, your LL.B Hons degree is pretty useless cos u can’t practice with it and getting a job is pretty difficult.

Pls relevant authorities should take notice and find a solution to this cos it seems this is only peculiar to private school and Madonna university in particular.

Mod Pls move to front page
Kogi State University produces about 200 Law grad every year. The sad news is that 60 slots is available for law sch each year
, efforts made by the sch management to get more slots the excuse given by the Council of Legal Education is that "law faculties in Nig should not turn out to be a Dugbe market and number of student admitted to study should be reduced". Aside the 60 slots some still lobby to get into the law sch. Bro! find a way out of this mess. It's your career
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Anssybaby(f): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=poshdiva]Op you say you are a law graduate? Then i believe you should know what to do. Arent you an activist? Dont you have activists in your graduating set? Who is your faculty President? As a law student when you speak, things should happen! When you make threats people should shake!

There is nothing as effective as collective action. Get a list of your classmates who havent gone to law school and get them to sign. Now draft a letter to your Dean and copy your father whatever his name is, threaten to take legal action. Also get your University Act as a backup. You should find something there to support your case. Also try to get this published in a national daily.

I would advise you resolve it before October. Many federal schools would be unable to send students to law school because of the ASUU strike and law school resumes October 21st. Only private universities and federal schools like UNILAG and UNILORIN have written their final exams and submitted their list to law school so there will be many empty slots this year. Do something! stage a protest! Be active, let your voice be heard!!!!

[/quote I graduated on the 20th of june from the faculty of law anambra state university and I ve already subitted law school form.it is true that most student in maddonna can't sorry did not pass jamb, I ve a cousin that had 0 in her jamb score but was admitted to read economics in maddonna, and my classmate in secondary school who is in his finals(law) but did not write jamb! My school graduated less than 50 law graduates while maddona graduated 500, and the ops is acting worried plus suprised, like he is just noticing.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Sheanoel(m): 2:34am On Aug 22, 2013
Op i refusd 2 blve dt throughout ur yr 1-5 u dd nt notice dt ur sch admitd 10 tyms wat dae wer suposd 2 admit. Bt stil u guys went on nd naw ure putin up dix "i just knew + suprisd" face. U had beta runz ur way in2 nls aftall it wunt be mre dn d tution u paid @ madona 4 1 simesta. Wisen up or else its as gud as sayin uve wastd millions of naira
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 22, 2013
venorite: I am a law graduate from Madonna University. I finished from Madonna in 2011 and am yet to get admission in to the Nigerian law school. This has been the case with more than 1000 graduates that are yet to get admitted into the Nigerian law school. I and my colleagues have contacted the school without getting any response.

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school via Madonna, others had to lobby their way into law school. The in thing now is that some students pay big money to get admitted into law school while some that have ogas at the top have their names included in the supplementary list which comes from bwari, Abuja. The ones that are unable to pay or have no one are left to their fate. This is what so many of us have been subjected to and currently, there are only 52 Madonna students names on the law school websites while other state and fed school get as much as 130-200 names (Abia state has 130 names)….

My question is (1) why can’t private universities and Madonna in particular get as much slots in law school as Fed and State Universities, (2) why do we have to pay our way into law school after spending 5years and exorbitant amounts to get a law degree (3) what is the solution to this? The annoying thing is that without your B.L degree, your LL.B Hons degree is pretty useless cos u can’t practice with it and getting a job is pretty difficult.

Pls relevant authorities should take notice and find a solution to this cos it seems this is only peculiar to private school and Madonna university in particular.

Mod Pls move to front page

See Lawyer!
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by peddy231(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
[quote author=Anssybaby][/quote]What Law school did u pick as your first choice
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Dubemkelly(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
U r now hooked,just find ur way out of d mess, priv8 unis aint an xcellnt platforms 4 professional courses, hving over 500stdnts in a class is rada outrageous,i wonder hw d schl manages such in dat small land mass,however, go complain incessantly 2 d ryt authorities n find out y d delay n if it turns out u lobbying ur way in, y wont u 2 get wah u want n also pray 4 a favour...Admissn in2 priv8 unis is much easier buh after race cums miles counting
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by peddy231(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
@op,
I guess u've been admitted now as a lot of u guys have been admitted. I hope ur name is amongst them. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OAU NASU Celebrates Omole's Exit From Office Today / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / UNIBEN Ram Chasing UNIBEN Babes (Funny Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.