Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,565 members, 7,972,130 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:29 AM

Court Frees ‘boko Haram’ Film Producer - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Court Frees ‘boko Haram’ Film Producer (564 Views)

Boko Haram Film Producer Arrested / ‘don’t Kill Me With Sex Scenes’, Actor Tells Film Producer / Nollywood Film Producer Ifeanyi Udokwu Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Frees ‘boko Haram’ Film Producer by ffo(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2013
Reprieve finally came for “Boko Haram” film producer, John Dada Adedayo, who was arraigned before an Accra Circuit Court, as the trial judge yesterday discharged him.

The accused, a Nigerian resident in Ghana was arrested and charged before the Court in Accra for his failure to get Ghana Cinematography Exhibition Board (GCEB) approval, before releasing his production.
The film is an exposition on the siege on Nigeria by the Boko Haram sect. It features award-winning Ghanaian actor, Majid Michel in the lead role.
The judge Audrey Kocuvie-Tay decided to release the accused person yesterday, following a request to that effect by the complainant.
The Ghana Cinematography and Exhibition Board (GCEB), the complainant through one of the members, Mr. Alfred Kumi Atiemo had sent a letter to the judge requesting for the case to be withdrawn. However a mild drama that nearly cost Adedayo his freedom ensued.
Immediately the judge pronounced that he had been discharged, the “Boko Haram” film producer stepped down from the dock. Apparently his action annoyed the judge, who immediately ordered him to return to the dock, because the order had been withdrawn for his inability to say “thank you”.
“Come back! I am withdrawing my order. Take him back. You can’t say thank you,” she said.
Adedayo then replied, “I said thank you. I can’t just leave without saying thank you.” Then he curtsied and said ‘thank you.’ He stepped down from the dock to make way for the accused person in the next case. He took his seat in the court room.

SOURCE: http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3561-ghana-court-frees-boko-haram-film-producer
Re: Court Frees ‘boko Haram’ Film Producer by ffo(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2013
ffo: Reprieve finally came for “Boko Haram” film producer, John Dada Adedayo, who was arraigned before an Accra Circuit Court, as the trial judge yesterday discharged him.

The accused, a Nigerian resident in Ghana was arrested and charged before the Court in Accra for his failure to get Ghana Cinematography Exhibition Board (GCEB) approval, before releasing his production.
The film is an exposition on the siege on Nigeria by the Boko Haram sect. It features award-winning Ghanaian actor, Majid Michel in the lead role.
The judge Audrey Kocuvie-Tay decided to release the accused person yesterday, following a request to that effect by the complainant.
The Ghana Cinematography and Exhibition Board (GCEB), the complainant through one of the members, Mr. Alfred Kumi Atiemo had sent a letter to the judge requesting for the case to be withdrawn. However a mild drama that nearly cost Adedayo his freedom ensued.
Immediately the judge pronounced that he had been discharged, the “Boko Haram” film producer stepped down from the dock. Apparently his action annoyed the judge, who immediately ordered him to return to the dock, because the order had been withdrawn for his inability to say “thank you”.
“Come back! I am withdrawing my order. Take him back. You can’t say thank you,” she said.
Adedayo then replied, “I said thank you. I can’t just leave without saying thank you.” Then he curtsied and said ‘thank you.’ He stepped down from the dock to make way for the accused person in the next case. He took his seat in the court room.

SOURCE: http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3561-ghana-court-frees-boko-haram-film-producer

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Frees ‘boko Haram’ Film Producer by traffickz(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Was he prosecuted for the name or Suspected to be a BH member?

This knd story is more of Ghollywood than Nollywood.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola-like Epic Predicted In Season Movie: The Survivors? / Full 3D And Virtual Studio / Why The Hotshots Deserved To Lose The Wager.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.