Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:08 PM

APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily (1053 Views)

Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Gbawe: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/apc-to-presidency-tell-nigerians-why-pdp-govts-failed-to-deliver-in-14-years/

APC to Presidency: Tell us how 400,000 barrels of oil are being stolen daily

The All Progressives Congress, APC, has challenged the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and presidency’s spokesmen, Dr. Doyin Okupe, and Dr. Reuben Abati, to tell Nigerians why the ruling party has failed to deliver in the 14 years it has ruled, instead of peddling concocted tales about the opposition.

Interim National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in a statement, yesterday, also asked the Presidency to tell Nigerians why it allegedly defied Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC’s, rules by continuing to campaign for the 2015 elections.

APC called on INEC to sanction any party that violates its ban on early campaigns for the 2015 elections, in view of the First Lady’s phantom peace rally that was actually a facade for electioneering campaign, if INEC’s ban on such campaigns is to be taken seriously.

The party said: ’’These are what Nigerians are interested in, not continuous muck-raking about opposition leaders like General Muhammadu Buhari and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. For example, Nigerians want to know why the country can still not feed itself after 14 years of endless promises by the PDP; Nigerians want to know why they cannot be protected by their government when the security of lives and property is the rason d’etre of any government.

’’Nigerians want to know why over 40 million youths cannot get jobs under a government that gleefully touts a six percent GDP growth. Nigerians want to know how 400,000 barrels of oil are being stolen daily and who the thieves are. Nigerians want to know why the country is more divided than ever, under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan, and why corruption has become a bigger monster in the years under the PDP.
’’The 2015 elections will be fought on the platform of issues, not meaningless attacks on personalities and attention-diverting tales like how General Buhari wants to stage a comeback, or how Asiwaju Tinubu wants to expand his imaginary empire.’’

APC said the reason its leaders have put national interests above personal considerations is to rescue Nigeria from the clutches of the PDP and a mediocre presidency, both of which have failed the citizenry and dimmed their hopes, not because of power-for-power sake, which, it said, is the mantra of the PDP.

[b]“Our eight cardinal programmes, which we shall be articulating in the days ahead, represent a summary of how we intend to rescue the long-suffering citizens as well as our nation. These are War Against Corruption, Food security, Accelerated Power Supply, Integrated Transport Network, Free Education, Devolution of Power, Accelerated Economic Growth and Affordable Health Care.
’’Our guiding philosophy will derive its impetus from these seven principles: Belief in, and the fear of God; Upholding the rule of law; Preserving national unity; Pursuit of a just and egalitarian society; Building of strong institutions; Commitment to social justice and economic progress; and Promoting representative and functional participatory democracy.

‘’These are the issues we will be enunciating in the days ahead as we steer the politics of our nation away from jejune matters that are at the core of the PDP misrule to serious issues of relevance that will benefit our people under an APC federal government,’’ the party said. [/b]

1 Like

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2013
The oil been stolen belongs to yaruba and hausa/fulani people. Pathetic people! After using money from oil to develop lagos you idiot have now started deporting them. Fashole and all the yaruba governos Plus those people stealing the oil YOU ALL ARE THIEVES
All your APC leaders are thives that only knows how to point fingers towards gej and his fellow thives. https://www.nairaland.com/1396569/luxury-living-lagos-built-world#17443440.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by UyiIredia(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2013
The oil is being stolen no thanks to the misdemeanour of some citizens, who make it a duty to be part of the problem and not the solution to Nigeria's many problems.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Omexonomy: The oil been stolen belongs to yaruba and hausa/fulani people. Pathetic people! After using money from oil to develop lagos you idiot have now started deporting them. Fashole and all the yaruba governos Plus those people stealing the oil YOU ALL ARE THIEVES
All your APC leaders are thives that only knows how to point fingers towards gej and his fellow thives. https://www.nairaland.com/1396569/luxury-living-lagos-built-world#17443440.
You m0ron, always trying to infect others with your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2013
take dat: .
chiefmoron of nairaland how far. How are ur fellow E-cocroaches.
Please tell fashole that lasu school fees is too much N300.000 is too much for the woman selling groundnut.https://www.nairaland.com/1396569/luxury-living-lagos-built-world#17443440
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2013
take dat: You m0ron, always trying to infect others with your foolishness.
SON OF MAD OLD PROFESOR have eating today. I heard ur boss fashole has refuse to pay you people for doing a poor job for him on nairaland.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Gbawe: 11:26am On Aug 20, 2013
The APC is now registered formally and this is what the Party should focus on from now henceforth. I.e taking the government to task via consistently highlighting actions/inactions, over serious National problems, worsening the socio-economic plight of Nigeria and Nigerians. It is no coincidence oil theft is at its highest level, for a long time, under this President. Same as subsidy scamming went viral under GEJ.

The APC should not mince words addressing national issues. They should also boldly ask the President to explain the lunacy of giving oil pipeline protection contracts to militant and thus effectively putting the Fox in charge of the Chicken coop.

1 Like

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Omexonomy: chiefmoron of nairaland how far. How are ur fellow E-cocroaches.
Please tell fashole that lasu school fees is too much N300.000 is too much for the woman selling groundnut.https://www.nairaland.com/1396569/luxury-living-lagos-built-world#17443440
#m0ron alert grin

5 Likes

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Demdem(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2013
Excellent development from APC. Let's start thrashing issues.
Over to u Abati/okupe.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by ayobase(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2013
These APC fools are really trying hard to be noticed, but been campaigning their failure right from the onset!
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2013
Actually, I think Asari, Tompolo, Ateke etc are in a better position to tell us who these thieves are.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Samgreguc(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2013
APC! APC!! APC!!!
You guys have no new good thing to show us because all the top men there are either former PDP or old minds of the 70s n 80s.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by omenka(m): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Omexonomy: The oil been stolen belongs to yaruba and hausa/fulani people. Pathetic people! After using money from oil to develop lagos you idiot have now started deporting them. Fashole and all the yaruba governos Plus those people stealing the oil YOU ALL ARE THIEVES

Biggest dunce I'd ever seen!!! Tufia!!!
Somebody just raised some very serious questions and the first thing you do is to bring an ethnic dimension into it!

I spit on your grave in advance.

1 Like

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by omenka(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Omexonomy: SON OF MAD OLD PROFESOR have eating today. I heard ur boss fashole has refuse to pay you people for doing a poor job for him on nairaland.

I now understand your plight... Sound like a graduate of "Barack Obama Nursery and Primary School Int'l, Ugba"

1 Like

Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
omenka:

I now understand your plight... Sound like a graduate of "Barack Obama Nursery and Primary School Int'l, Ugba"
@Omexom0ron is the biggest airhead ever and one of the popular idi0ts online. Dude should sign up for Adult Basic Education and Literacy program.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
omenka:

Biggest dunce I'd ever seen!!! Tufia!!!
Somebody just raised some very serious questions and the first thing you do is to bring an ethnic dimension into it!

I spit on your grave in advance.
you this idi0t what i am trying to prove is that they are all thives (gej and fashole) fighting for their pocket not for the mases. M0r0n death is the last thing i will wish so i sh.i.t on ur head.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
omenka:

graduate of amala and ewedu university. You this son of fani kayode.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
take dat: @Omexom0ron is the biggest airhead ever and one of the most popular idi0ts online. Dude should sign up for Adult Basic Education and Literacy program.
ass wipe of fashole is this the best you can say. Siblings of MAD OLD PROFESOR
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by omenka(m): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Omexonomy: you this idi0t what i am trying to prove is that they are all thives (gej and fashole) fighting for their pocket not for the mases. M0r0n death is the last thing i will wish so i sh.i.t on ur head.

cheesy Ok. I still understand ur plight.
Pele.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by 4Play(m): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Part of the theft is probably intended to finance GEJ's re-election campaign.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by godello: 11:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lets not deceive ourselves, the pipeline vadals can't tap such amount of crude daily. The real theives are the politician,if u really want to know, go to "BOP" its a loading point for exxonmobil,and why its is unknown to many is because of its location,on the atlantic ocean, our politicians have their vessels that comes there to load with an other from the presidency. And i guess same happens in other loading point of major oil multinationals. God bless Nigeria.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2013
godello: Lets not deceive ourselves, the pipeline vadals can't tap such amount of crude daily. The real theives are the politician,if u really want to know, go to "BOP" its a loading point for exxonmobil,and why its is unknown to many is because of its location,on the atlantic ocean, our politicians have their vessels that comes there to load with an other from the presidency. And i guess same happens in other loading point of major oil multinationals. God bless Nigeria.
The small criminals in the creeks bursting pipelines and stealing crude oil are not working for themselves. Its like a drug cartel, they are being sponsored by some heavyweights behind the scene. The President through the minister of petroleum can 'discretionally' award oil lifting contract. The big crude oil theft takes place when a company is awarded crude oil lifting contract to lift a specified number of barrels example, a company awarded an allocation of 20 000 bpd but instead of its vessel lifting the allocated amount, it departs the terminal with 40 000bpd. It is called 'Topping', meaning 20 000bpd will be unaccounted for. The relevant agency in charge of monitoring, the DPR, is very corrupt and inefficient because of our archaic metering system. Topping is also done by the IOC's.

The Government either seem to lack the political will to restore transparency and accountability in the oil industry or has vested interest in this regime of roguery, because the Ribadu Presidential Report recommended the use of automated metering system in all the terminals and well heads, and even took a step further by contacting Schlumberger for the installation of the automated meters before the report was denigrated by some corrupt elements in government circles. The 'Big Wigs' involved in the monumental thievery are well known to Government.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by vladimiros: 2:03am On Aug 21, 2013
APC, TRYING TO FORCE THEMSELEVES ON SOUTH-SOUTH RELEVANCE..

WE NIGER DELTA BOYS KNOW THAT ITS SOME PROPER EX-MILITANTS FUNDING, THESE BOYS, BUT APC CLAIM TO NEVER KNOW..

KEEP NEVER KNOWING
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2013
take dat: The small criminals in the creeks bursting pipelines and stealing crude oil are not working for themselves. Its like a drug cartel, they are being sponsored by some heavyweights behind the scene. The President through the minister of petroleum can 'discretionally' award oil lifting contract. The big crude oil theft takes place when a company is awarded crude oil lifting contract to lift a specified number of barrels example, a company awarded an allocation of 20 000 bpd but instead of its vessel lifting the allocated amount, it departs the terminal with 40 000bpd. It is called 'Topping', meaning 20 000bpd will be unaccounted for. The relevant agency in charge of monitoring, the DPR, is very corrupt and inefficient because of our archaic metering system. The topping is also done by the IOC's.

The Government either seem to lack the political will to restore transparency and accountability in the oil industry or has vested interest in this regime of roguery, because the Ribadu Presidential Report recommended the use of automated metering system in all the terminals and well heads, and even took a step further by contacting Schlumberger for the installation of the automated meters before the report was denigrated by some corrupt elements in government circles. The 'Big Wigs' involved in the monumental thievery are well known to Government.
king of E-urching how come you know all these when you have never moved from ur jagajaga mud house you are living on the canal in ur hometwon.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2013
omenka:

cheesy Ok. I still understand ur plight.
Pele.
folkes of MAD OLD PROFESOR
pele. Salute ur mad people for me.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2013
Omexonomy: king of E-urching how come you know all these when you have never moved from ur jagajaga mud house you are living on the canal in ur hometwon.
How would you know with a brain the size of half a meat ball cheesy
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by Omexonomy: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
take dat: How would you know with a brain the size of half a meat ball cheesy
E-ant continue ur ranting as it has always be ur wont.
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by takedat(m): 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Omexonomy: E-ant continue ur ranting as it has always be ur wont.
tongue
Re: APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily by musaajebor(m): 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
Imagine a topic dis important being highly politicized by e-bigots.I pity all of una.
@topic_according to d presidency,most of d oil lost in Nigeria are due to spillage after d saboteurs have damnaged d pipelines.

(1) (Reply)

Dokpesi At The Verge Of Becoming Jonathan’s Chief Of Staff •oghiadomhe On The Wa / , / 103 Indians Offered To Pay A '10-yr-old Girl' To Strip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.