Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,176 members, 7,890,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:49 AM

Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief (3449 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo) / Bride Price/dowry, Do You Support Or Oppose It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by TheGeneral1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief

Date: 20-Aug-2013

The 1,000-member strong Igbo
community in the Ashanti Region
has opposed a planned installation
of an Igbo chief of the region by a
group residing in Accra.

According to them, someone in Accra
who described himself as “Eze Ndi
Igbo” of Ghana (the King of Igbos in
Ghana) and his agents were
preparing feverishly to install an Igbo
chief in the Ashanti Region, which is
against the tradition of the Igbo
people.

They explained that the Igbos in the
Ashanti Region were committed to
peace and would, therefore, not
allow anyone or group of people to
create confusion in the region.

A statement issued by the Igbo
community in Ashanti Region, after a
meeting in Kumasi, said, by their
tradition, the installation of heads of
Igbo communities in the 10 regions
of the country is done at the regional
level and not by anyone residing
outside a particular region.

The statement signed by Mr John
Chukwu Korie, the President of the
Igbo community in Ashanti Region,
and others, welcomed the position
taken by the various Igbo
communities in the remaining nine
regions of Ghana not to pay homage
to any Igbo King of Ghana because
such an office or royalty did not
exist.

The statement said the Igbo
community in the Ashanti Region was
duly registered for the welfare of its
members and would not hesitate to
hand over to the appropriate security
agents illegal chiefs or their agents
who will disturb the peace of the
Igbos in the Ashanti Region.

“For the moment, the Igbos in
Ashanti Region have no chief and as
well are not supporting any ‘Eze’ and
assume there is no ‘Eze Ndi Igbo’ in
Ghana,” the statement said.

While commending the chiefs and
people of the Ashanti Region for
their hospitality that had enabled
Igbos to live in the region in peace
over the years, the statement gave
an assurance that nothing would be
done to disturb such peace.

It commended the Nigeria High
Commissioner in Ghana, Mr Ademola
Oluseyi Onafowokan, for his untiring
efforts and commitment to peace
among Nigerians in Ghana.

Source: Kwame Asare Boadu/Daily
Graphic

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by TheGeneral1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
share ur views
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by aljharem(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
But why
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by EkoAtlantic: 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
When are these people going to learn it's mandatory to respect the tradition and culture of their hosts?

They blamed Hausas for hating them, said Ikweres are envious of them, shout of genocide in yoruba land, cry when South Africans deal with them, same with Botswana, Malaysia, Kenya, China and now Ghana.

Is it not in the same Accra Yorubas celebrated 200 years they've migrated to Ghana and living peacefully with their hosts.

These people better check themselves in the mirror and make necessary adjustment in their manners toward other people.

15 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
I like the reaction of the people.

They stayed true to their way of life and stood for what they believed in, even against the wish of a fellow Igbo.

They prefer peace to forceful installations of made up offices and positions.

Well done my people in Ashanti region.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic: When are these people going to learn it mandatory to respect the tradition and culture of their hosts?

They blamed Hausas for hating them, said Ikweres are envious of them, shout of genocide in yoruba land, cry when South Africans deal with them, same with Botswana, Malaysia, Kenya, China and now Ghana.

Is it not in the same Accra Yorubas celebrated 200 years they've migrated to Ghana and living peacefully with their hosts.

These people better check themselves in the mirror and make necessary adjustment in their manners toward other people.
#

Did you actually read the piece before replying?

It is about a FELLOW IGBO trying to install himself as an Eze of Igbos living in Ghana. The Igbos have rejected it, as it is not an Igbo tradition to have a king of all Igbos.....ANYWHERE.

It is not Ghanaians trying to install anyone....they don't do that.

Go back and read the piece again please.

19 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Don't stress it.

You know how impulsive Nigerians are.

londoner: #

It is about a FELLOW IGBO trying to install himself as an Eze of Igbos living in Ghana. The Igbos have rejected it, as it is not an Igbo tradition to have a king of all Igbos.....ANYWHERE.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
nnenna.1:
Don't stress it.

You know how impulsive Nigerians are.

You're right, my sister............
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by EkoAtlantic: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner: #

Which ever way you've interpreted it, you guys are not the only one living as immigrants. But we hear this and that about you anywhere outside you land.
You all need to respect yourselves.
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic: When are these people going to learn it mandatory to respect the tradition and culture of their hosts?

bro

See what we are saying ! Is that not what Yorubas just experienced in Lagos?..

When we say "Charity begins at home" , its only a entity that will know that HOME IS CHARITY AND CHARITY IS HOME ITSELF.

Now see the life of mess these set of scoundrels just portrayed outside Nigeria! Soon some of them will deny they are the ones tarnishing the image of the country outside.

TO IBOS VIEWING MY COMMENTS, if u peopke can still go out there apart from Lagos and still show how ill-mannered you are, ...THEN I WONDER when u will all stop been EXHIBITS in other people's lands !

.....CHEIIIII. see them,
... Very Annoying set of Alien Bugs grin grin
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Which ever way you've interpreted it, you guys are not the only one living as immigrants. But we hear this and that about you anywhere outside you land.
You all need to respect yourselves.

Eko Atlantic....please tell me in no uncertain terms what the actual piece posted here says.

You read it again......and see if you wont actually realize your mistake.
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
The General: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief

Date: 20-Aug-2013

The 1,000-member strong Igbo
community in the Ashanti Region
has opposed a planned installation
of an Igbo chief
of the region by a
group residing in Accra.

According to them, someone in Accra
who described himself as “Eze Ndi
Igbo” of Ghana (the King of Igbos in
Ghana)
and his agents were
preparing feverishly to install an Igbo
chief in the Ashanti Region, which is
against the tradition of the Igbo
people.

They explained that the Igbos in the
Ashanti Region were committed to
peace and would, therefore, not
allow anyone or group of people to
create confusion in the region.

A statement issued by the Igbo
community in Ashanti Region, after a
meeting in Kumasi, said, by their
tradition, the installation of heads of
Igbo communities in the 10 regions
of the country is done at the regional
level and not by anyone residing
outside a particular region.

The statement signed by Mr John
Chukwu Korie, the President of the
Igbo community in Ashanti Region,
and others, welcomed the position
taken by the various Igbo
communities in the remaining nine
regions of Ghana not to pay homage
to any Igbo King of Ghana because
such an office or royalty did not
exist.

The statement said the Igbo
community in the Ashanti Region was
duly registered for the welfare of its
members and would not hesitate to
hand over to the appropriate security
agents illegal chiefs or their agents
who will disturb the peace of the
Igbos in the Ashanti Region.

“For the moment, the Igbos in
Ashanti Region have no chief and as
well are not supporting any ‘Eze’ and
assume there is no ‘Eze Ndi Igbo
’ in
Ghana,” the statement said.

While commending the chiefs and
people of the Ashanti Region for
their hospitality that had enabled
Igbos to live in the region in peace
over the years, the statement gave
an assurance that nothing would be
done to disturb such peace.

It commended the Nigeria High
Commissioner in Ghana, Mr Ademola
Oluseyi Onafowokan, for his untiring
efforts and commitment to peace
among Nigerians in Ghana.

Source: Kwame Asare Boadu/Daily
Graphic

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
There is actually a king of igbos in Ghana. A great grandson of jaja of opobo. This thread might not be true.

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
cool

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
berem: cool

You know fully well, there is no such office as the "king of the Igbos".....you're just trying to cause mischief.....lol
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Poor things! You must have Eze everywhere including Nairaland where anonymity is the watchword!
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by EkoAtlantic: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

Eko Atlantic....please tell me in no uncertain terms what the actual piece posted here says.

You read it again......and see if you wont actually realize your mistake.

Man, I'm standing by earlier posts, no mistake or any misinterpretation.
My point is that must it only be the Igbos that we hear of anytime they are outside their lands? We want this.. We don't want that...
Mehn, you're not in your home to choose what suit you and what doesn't. You just have to blend with whatever comes and make necessary adjustment.
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Man, I'm standing by earlier posts, no mistake or any misinterpretation.
My point is that must it only be the Igbo that we hear of anytime they are outside their lands? We want this.. We don't want that...
Mehn, you're not in your home to chose what suit you and what doesn't. You just have to blend with whatever comes and make necessary adjustment.

I asked you to tell me in your words, what the piece actually is saying.

I knew you would try and get around it, because the moment you do, it will be clear to all that you failed to comprehend what it actually said.

So, Eko Atlantic......what was is article saying?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

I knew you would try and get around it, because the moment you do, it will be clear to all that you failed to comprehend what it actually said.

So, Eko Atlantic......what was the article saying?

And tell me, does it not have a SIMILAR scenario with what held sway at the Ladipo saga?
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

And tell me, does it not have a SIMILAR scenario with what held sway at the Ladipo saga?

The same question goes to you....what is the article actually saying?

I really don't know why both yourself and Eko atlantic, are unable to just write what you understand the piece to be saying here.

And no, it is not in any way similar to Ladipo market, although you would like it to be.

Go back and read it......lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by EkoAtlantic: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

So, Eko Atlantic......what was is article saying?

If you think the responses I've given does not correlate with the article, well it's your thought which I have no problem with.
I assume no sane person on this forum won't be able to grab the gist of the article.
But I'm sure you got my own view and interpretation about the whole write-up. Again, you all need to live with others without being too forceful and loud mouthed.
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

If you think the responses I've given does not correlate with the article, well it's your thought which I have no problem with.
I assume no sane person on this forum won't be able to grab the gist of the article.
But I'm sure you got my own view and interpretation about the whole write-up. Again, you all need to live with others without being too forceful and loud mouthed.

Just tell to me in your own words, what you think the article is saying.
You response is actually evidence that you actually DID NOT comprehend what was being said in the article.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

The same question goes to you....what bis the article actually saying?

I really don't know why both yourself and Eko atlantic, are unable to just write what you understand the piece to be saying here.

And no, it is not in any way similar to Ladipo market, although you would like it to be.

Go back and read it......lol

ok , what says the article?
In simplicity, it says someone (whether Ghanian by logic or not) presented himself as king of igbos BUT was rejected by the visitors (igbos) themselves.
Lets say he was a Ghanian, pls tell me, if such individual sees a part of Accra ( his fatherland) in need of a leader , and decides to impact his land through Leadership, so you mean he his not entitled to such position?

bro, no hocus about that. U people lack both manners & charity to respect ur boundaries , especially in cultural matters like this.
No wonder you are victims of discrimination !!!
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

You response is actually evidence that you actually DID NOT comprehend what was being said in the article.

Ironically, U are the who only thinks the article says no more than how its written.
THE ARTICLE IS SELF-EXPLANATORY; Ibos exhibit their ill-manners BY disrespecting the interests of their hosts everywhere they are visitors
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by EkoAtlantic: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

Well, I just realized I'm not the only one you're doubting about rightfully comprehension of the article and you are also the only one doubting others if they understood what it says.
Meaning I've actually wasted my time responding to u.
Enjoy man...
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

ok , what says the article?
In simplicity, it says someone (whether Ghanian by logic or not) presented himself as king of igbos BUT was rejected by the visitors (igbos) themselves.
Lets say he was a Ghanian, pls tell me, if such individual sees the a part of Accra as his fatherland, and decides impact his land through rulership, so you mean he his not entitled to such position?

bro, no hocus about that. U people lack both manners & charity to respect ur boundaries , especially in cultural matters like this.
No wonder you are victims of discrimination !!!

This is why I asked you to explain what you understood of the article.

Let me explain to you what the article says.

1- An IGBO person is trying to install himself as an Eze over ALL Igbos in Ghana.

2-The Igbo community has rejected this, as it is NOT AN IGBO TRADITION TO HAVE A KING OVER ALL IGBOS. You know yourself there is no such title, not even in Nigeria.

3- The Igbos are vocally letting people know that this person parading himself as such is doing so FRAUDULENTLY.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH A NON IGBO person trying to be 'King of Igbos'.

Ghanaians would never even seek to do such a thing.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Well, I just realized I'm not the only one you're doubting about rightfully comprehension of the article and you are also the only one doubting others if they understood what it says.
Meaning I've actually wasted my time responding to u.
Enjoy man...

Before you go......just say in no uncertain terms what you understood the article to mean....Lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nebeuwa(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic: When are these people going to learn it's mandatory to respect the tradition and culture of their hosts?

Did you even read the article? Before you write something, maybe you should read it first and digest the article before sounding like a fool. The Igbos in this article are against an Eze Ndigbo being forced on them by other Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

This is why I asked you to explain what you understood of the article.

Let me explain to you what the article says.

1- An IGBO person is trying to install himself as an Eze over ALL Igbos in Ghana.

The Igbo community has rejected this, as it is NOT AN IGBO TRADITION TO HAVE A KING OVER ALL IGBOS. You know yourself there is no such title, not even in Nigeria.

The Igbos are vocally letting people know that this person parading himself as such is doing so FRAUDULENTLY.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH A NON IGBO person trying to be 'King of Igbos'.

Ghanaians would never even seek to do such a thing.

Pls point to "where" in the article it was said or categorically stated that the allegelled individual to be installed is an igbo man.

im waiting.....
Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by londoner: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Did you even read the article? Before you write something, maybe you should read it first and digest the article before sounding like a fool. The Igbos in this article are against an Eze Ndigbo being forced on them by other Igbos.

Thank you....Comprehension and the need to adopt position against the Igbos, NO MATTER WHAT, is the problem here.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Nebeuwa(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
londoner:

Thank you....Comprehension and the need to adopt position against the Igbos, NO MATTER WHAT, is the problem here.

Now the tribalist who rushed to post a message are looking like fools. What was considered an internal Igbo problem, they tried to turn it into an Igbo community vs host community problem when it was nothing of that sort. This is how low some people can go.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Ashanti Region Oppose Installation Of Chief by Yeske2(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
@londoner and nebeuwa, please allow eko atlantic and co to continue swimming in their ignorance. Nuff said.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ibani Kingdoms-Grand Bonny and Opobo first re-unification meeting / Queen Of Sheba, King Solomon, Menelik I And Ark Of The Covenant / List Of Top 20 Traditional Rulers Dethroned In Nigerian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.