Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,842 members, 7,972,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:28 AM

Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. (2755 Views)

Parents Accused Of Creating A Gap Between Children And Their Roots...[must Read] / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
@op was there any gap in the friendship probably caused as a result of distance or some other factor. truth be told friendship is not by force. I'm saying this because once i was in the company of a friend and her cousin, they were both complaining about a popular nollywood actress, about how she has forgotten her roots now she is famous. They said the 3 of them grew up together in their neighbourhood. fast forward to when this actress started featuring in movies, these same people who had drifted apart were able to trace the actresses number and give her a call. she spoke to them politely on the phone but she never called them back. I told them that if I was in her shoes I would have done the same thing too, because all of a sudden she is now famous u begin to recall childhood memories.
Summary of what I am saying is, you may never know the reason for his behaviour until you've walked in his shoes. Personally if I were the one I would have asked him, straight up no beating about the bush, you may be surprised at his answer.

2 Likes

Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by Okonjoiweala(f): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
jidegirl12:

Isn't that ironic? That bolded seems to be the typical story from people... rarely you'll hear people say otherwise bout the person who's status changed... the poor friends are always the good guys 'back in the days'.

#OP , not that I'm indicating you're poor oh.
lol.. no offence taken.
Its quite true such 'i helped him when he was poor story is quite popular... We don't think he owes us anything, we just miss him.
@ bold statements#
he was indeed that kind of a person.
Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by Okonjoiweala(f): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2013
Okonjo iweala: A cousin of ours who used to be very close to my brother and my immediate family particularly, got wealthy and since then he has become too formal and courteous in his relation to us and the rest of his "day 1" freinds.
He hangs out with new cronies, and totally forgot how he started, i mean how he and my brother used to eat from same plate, stroll around the estate together chasing girls, doing many things together as best of freinds and cousins.
Now he has forgotten all.
I discussed this issue with a freind of mine, and her veiw was quite interesting, she claimed wealth is like a spirit that possesses an , individual making him to unconsciously forget people of his previous class, and makes him act according to his new class.
In her words to me "if you too become wealthy, you'ld do same"
but i think this is false.
I'm of the opinion that it has to do solely with the individual, or what do you guys think?
Pls share your veiws
Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2013
Interesting topic. I'll be back in a minute.
Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by zube01(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
bellong: Money, Women/Men and Power do not change anybody. They only bring out the true nature of anybody that encountered them.
...Kpom....u said it like it is
Re: Freinds And Relatives Who Got Wealthy And Forgot Their Roots. by soulglo: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2013
He has grown up. Has different interests now. He probably thinks of you guys every now and then but things are much different now. If you say he is wealthy then he is also probably extremely busy. I don't think it is a pride thing at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Woman I Love Is 4 Years Older Than Me ! / 10 Godly Tips On How To Make The Right Choice In Marriage / Serious Marital Issues In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.