Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,943 members, 7,922,334 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:40 AM

Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? (798 Views)

Who Among The Newly Costituted Fed. Cabinet Will Be The First To Resign Or Fired / EFCC: Why Buhari Fired Lamorde - Daily Trust / N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2008
The Senior Special Adviser to President Umaru Yar’Adua on Electric Power, Mr. Joseph Makoju has quit.

Makoju, one of the last aides of former president Olusegun Obasanjo in the Yar’Adua administration will, however, serve as an honourary adviser to the President.

But he will earn no salary during the period he will serve as an honorary adviser.

Makoju, a former managing director of the defunct Nigeria Electric Power Authority (now Power Holding Company of Nigeria) confirmed his decision to quit to one of our correspondents on Sunday.

He said he would proceed on a short rest during which he would decide on his re-entry into the private sector. He added that he was leaving on a good note.

“There was no problem at all. All along I had been on secondment and on contract; many people do not realise this I will still be involved as the President has requested. For example, this coming week I will be in the President’s delegation to Paris as part of the effort to find a lasting solution to the power crisis.”

When contacted on Sunday, the Senior Special Adviser to the President, Communications, Mr. Segun Adeniyi, said Makoju left of his own volition.

“Makoju asked for it, he apparently wants to be freer but he is still very much involved. We had an all-day meeting on Saturday at the Villa and he was there. He was not removed,” Adeniyi said.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200806095481253

Reports reaching me from a credible source says he was fired by the presidency.

Is this a good move by the Yaradua? What exactly does he hope to achieve with the move?
Re: Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? by landis(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2008
Makoju had 8yrs with OBJ, we saw nothing but more DARKNESS.
angry grin angry
Re: Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? by ono(m): 8:40am On Jun 09, 2008
''For example, this coming week I will be in the President’s delegation to Paris as part of the effort to find a lasting solution to the power crisis''

Interesting. So, it's by travelling to Paris (and apparently winding down) that you get to ''solve'' the nation's power problems? Na wa for naija sef - what a wonderful way of finding ''lasting'' solutions to power problems.
Re: Majoku Of Nepa Quits Or Fired? by dave07(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
don't be surprised if the man returns and becomes the minister of power

(1) (Reply)

Any Concerns For Nigeria's Nuclear Technology? / Power Generation Drops To 900mw / Phcn Reverses Power Rationing Arrangement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.