Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun (797 Views)

Imo Monarch Lauds Aregbesola On Infrastructures… Advocates Patience / APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano / Ooni Of Ife, TUC Lauds Aregbesola’s Education Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by PaulJohn1: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (rtd) has said that his visit to Osun state has confirmed reports of the sterling performance of the governor of the state, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola.

Gen Gowon during a courtesy call on the governor at the Government House in Osogbo lauded the governor for taking the state beyond and better than the way he met it.

He maintained that ever before coming to the state, reports abound on the way Aregbesola is governing Osun state and the speedy development of the State.

The former military Head of State who was in Osogbo with his team in furtherance of the Nigeria Prays project to the South-West of Nigeria said, “We are grateful for the opportunity to pay courtesy visit to you. Before coming to see for ourselves, we have heard reports of your excellent performance in the state”.

“We are in Osun to pray for Nigeria. Nigeria Prays was birthed some 17 years ago, when a lot of people had given up on the country to bring back the normalcy that the country requires. That was how it came to being and the two major religions in Nigeria are involved in the Nigeria Prays Project.” Gowon explained.

In his response, Aregbesola noted that the country need not be in its present situation because Nigerians have refused to internalize civility at the moderate level.

The governor called on spiritual intercessors to target their prayers at critical issues ranging from intolerance, disciplined leadership, oneness of Nigeria, good neighbourliness among others, charging the Nigeria Prays team to ensure that all these desires are realized in the country.

It said that this explains why Nigerians no longer believe in this government adding |”All the five evils mentioned by Chamberlain, namely, “brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution”, have manifested in this administration.

“It is this same government who has reneged on an agreement it entered freely into with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The nation’s universities have been shut down for two months now and FG is not bothered. The Minister of Finance claims that FG does not have enough money to improve the education sector but Nigerians know better,” MURIC added.

http://leadership.ng/news/200813/gowon-lauds-aregbesola-s-performance-osun

Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by Tolexander: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
John! Your man don convince me with all these road projects through out the state. I can't believe there can be a governor with this road achievement in osun. I can feel it in my domain.
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by PaulJohn1: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tolexander: John! Your man don convince me with all these road projects through out the state. I can't believe there can be a governor with this road achievement in osun. I can feel it in my domain.

grin
E good as you sef don see and feel am.

Can't wait to see how Osun would look like in 6years time.
He surely has my vote in 2014 cool
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by Tolexander: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Paul John:

grin

Can't wait to see how Osun would look like in 6years time.
excellent!
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gowon how is Plateau state?
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by Gbawe: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Paul John:

grin

Can't wait to see how Osun the SW would look like in 6years time.

cool cool cool Fixed. The way all administrators are working in the South West and keying into the concept of amiably developing the entire region as a whole, things should be vastly different in the next 6 years. With Omoluabi replacing Omoluabi, the most important consideration, then the future looks bright.
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
God bless the Governor of Osun State. God bless the people of Osun. God bless Nigeria.

I hope this prove to our opponents in PDP that massive dvelopments going on in South-west. What Gowon said has been said by other prominent Nigerians like Chukwumereje, Tambuwal, and other notable Nigerians.

I hope South-western states don't leave other southern parts behind when it comes to development. South-west will look a lot better than its present condition by the year 2020. I don't want to hear anything like "it's no man's land."
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by PaulJohn1: 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

cool cool cool Fixed. The way all administrators are working in the South West and keying into the concept of amiably developing the entire region as a whole, things should be vastly different in the next 6 years. With Omoluabi replacing Omoluabi, the most important consideration, then the future looks bright.

Ofcourse the entire Southwest, I was only specific because I was discussing with my homie from Osun cool
Indeed, South West will never remain the same.
Re: Gowon Lauds Aregbesola’s Performance In Osun by alaoeri: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tell me why i shouldn't pitch my tent with the progressives? Anybody that 'll be contesting against Aregbesola come 2014 'll just waste his resources.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Partner's U.S. Firm To Establish $200m Cancer Institute In Sagamu / PDP Splits Into Two, Baraje Heads Faction / The Serious Dangers Ahead Of Nigeria, We Need To Split. Femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.