Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:57 AM

What Did Jesus Mean? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Mean? (2160 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / "What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, 'it Is Finished'?" / ''born Again'' -what Did Jesus Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Did Jesus Mean? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2011
zataxs:

@Pastor AIO it will be nice if you answered the questions, or at least make an attempt, or perhaps acknowledge the shortcoming of the Bible/Jesus/God.

daft. You really should read the bible next time before condemning it in your own ignorance.

zataxs:

1. You don't have to be a christian to give, first.

2 Corinthians 8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but[b] first gave their own selves to the Lord[/b], and unto us by the will of God.

Giving acceptable to the Lord starts FIRST with giving of your heart to Him.

zataxs:

2. Which poor people do you give to? some are clearly undeserving, they are already shooting up drugs with what you gave them last, Also the children home you donated to is Desecrating boys , do we give them anyway?

See above verse . . . giving is according to how we are led by God's Spirit.

zataxs:

3. Is giving everything a reasonable request? What if you give everything you have and starve to death. Like the woman that Jesus praised? Where did Jesus say we draw the line? what if she died out of poverty because she did not have anything else and no means to provide for her self?

1 Tim 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Resources God gives us should FIRST be used to take care of those of our own house.

2 Cor 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. - Giving should be measured on the basis of what you can afford (out of what you have).

2 Cor 9:7 Every man[b] according as he purposeth in his hea[/b]rt, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. - Giving should be based on what your heart feels it can comfortably part with. You are not forced to over-extend yourself in giving.

zataxs:

4. Do we give all to the church? and what if they are not deserving, driving big cars? using it for dowry? wasting it on fancy furniture? do we give still?

2 Cor 8:20 Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us: 21 Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men. - Those who receive have the responsibility to be honest with how they administer their gifts not only in the sight of God but also in the sight of men.

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. - Giving is not to the church only, but to every man/saint of God ACCORDING to their need.

zataxs:

5. Do I snatch off the plate of my kids and my plate to give others, ?

1 Tim 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. - Resources God gives us should FIRST be used to take care of those of our own house.

zataxs:

6. Is giving left to my discretion or my holy spirit will guide me?. If you say the Holy Spirit, does that then explain Christians are not giving enough, like the woman Jesus praised? some don't give at all, is that the Holy Spirit still?

2 Cor 9:7 Every man[b] according as he purposeth in his hea[/b]rt, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. - Giving should be based on what your heart feels it can comfortably part with. You are not forced to over-extend yourself in giving.

zataxs:

7. Once we have done all the giving ( to church, to the poor etc) how is the money given used up, Where are the laws of how it is distributed? and to whom by whom? does it matter if it is squandered?

2 Cor 8:20 Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us: 21 Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men. - Those who receive have the responsibility to be honest with how they administer their gifts not only in the sight of God but also in the sight of men.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean? by PastorAIO: 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
you said something about Job and I told you what Jesus had to say about the status of those prophets and men of old that came before him. They longed to see what Jesus had to offer but they couldn't. Their dispensation was different. I really don't know what more you could be wanting from me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hierarchy In The Kingdom Of Heaven / Difficulty Paying Tithe / Nigerian Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.