Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,740 members, 7,969,144 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:53 PM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27753 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by pheesayor(m): 9:44am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: There are so many instances where LASG imposes tax on FG properties. Festac Town is a perfect example. We all know FG owns Festac Town. Amuwo Odofin LG gives each festac resident a certain tenement bill asking them to pay some certain amount of money. The festac residents vowed not to pay that money. Amuwo Odofin LG issued threats through letters and still yet , Festac residents refused to Oblige. Festac Residents pay tenement bills to FHA.why should the Local Government request for bills to be paid? What right does an LG or LASG have to impose tax on FG properties? Just as there are Federal Roads and State Roads, there are also FG properties and State properties.

Government built and abandoned festac alongside Gowon estate and other federal built estates in Lagos, all the road repairs since I can remember has been by the local govt, no one pays tenement rate to FHA or even the LGA as at now, some of us pay land use charge to the state govt. Even waste bills they don't pay and they dispose their waste every week to the PSP operators.
Even the Federal roads you're saying, some have been taken over by the LASG due to the neglect of the FG.
Should the FG just build a structure and abandon it and the state sits and looks?

berem: I was wondering why the last International trade fair event didn't hold in trade fair complex. does anyone have a clue why it was shifted to Lagos Island, TBS to be precise?

That won't be the first time TBS, another FG property would host the Trade Fair, it's been happened before Fashola's regime

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by greggng: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2013
We re a society of law and order .when issues like this crop up, I think the judiciary should give the proper interpretation . Igbos ve never begged to be part of nigeria and this can be seen by the war the fought. Our tax system needs to be looked into with a view to know where the liability lies
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2013
Seriousbusiness:

Keep quiet ,so because FG owns festac the resident should not pay there tenanment rate to the LG?
I stay in festac 3rd avenue and when ve u seen the FG undergoing any rehabilitation on the roads,houses,including security.
Abeg let s try to be realistic when arguing.
Nobody is chasing anybody away,but its important will abide by the law and obey with the GoVt where ever we re.
How many roads have the local government rehabilitated? The taxes collected from shops, markets,schools, hotels etc in festac town is enough to rehabilitate the roads in festac town. If you think festac residents will pay tenement rates to Amuwo Odofin LG, you are wasting your time.

If you are a tenant in festac, sorry you probably have No idea about the tenement rate. go and ask your landlord. grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by doctokwus: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: I was wondering why the last International trade fair event didn't hold in trade fair complex. does anyone have a clue why it was shifted to Lagos Island, TBS to be precise?
For extortion purposes of course in collaboration wt area boys.
The LASG as presently constituted is perhaps d greatest threat to d federation.Its cleverly playing on d fact dat d FG is inept,weakened& distracted by serious& petty issues (of its own making),thus finding itself almost completely out of league in handling d hidden threats posed by all manner of characters to d entity.There are clearly bigots in d state govt hellbent on achieving their own drafted agenda.Time shall tell

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2013
pheesayor:

Government built and abandoned festac alongside Gowon estate and other federal built estates in Lagos, all the road repairs since I can remember has been by the local govt, no one pays tenement rate to FHA or even the LGA as at now, some of us pay land use charge to the state govt. Even waste bills they don't pay and they dispose their waste every week to the PSP operators.
Even the Federal roads you're saying, some have been taken over by the LASG due to the neglect of the FG.
Should the FG just build a structure and abandon it and the state sits and looks?

That won't be the first time TBS, another FG property would host the Trade Fair, it's been happened before Fashola's regime
I disagree with you that no one pays tenement fees to FHA. Go and verify! FHA issued a statement to festac residents that if they want to buy their flats or houses, there's a required amount of money you have to pay. If you'll continue as a tenant, you also have An amount you'll pay annually.

How long have you lived in festac anyway?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Am highly disappointed in your comment! Later you'll say you are not a bigot. smh. cry

Anything LASG is doing concerning Igbos should not jeopardize or affect Ngige's ambition to become the next governor of Anambra State. Anambrarians are yet to forget the deportation saga. Most spare parts dealers in ASPAMDA are from Anambra especially Nnewi. Ngige is not from Nnewi. LASG should trade with caution.
LASG is NOT A trader

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by oduasoulja: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2013
Goodysydney: Poky agboro! Gej will still win 2015 presidential election without ugly dirty two faced animals called yoruba.
You mean the Southsouth and southeast votes is gonna return gej,unlike u i dont reason with emotions,politics is a game of numbers
And u dont wanna tow the path of insult with me,so let ur insults stay in ur Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by teskyg: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2013
@ Berem,I presume you are a card carrying member of APC.This is just a tip of the Ice.Those Rogues(APC) will rip Nigeria dry if we vote them into Aso Rock.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by pheesayor(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: I disagree with you that no one pays tenement fees to FHA. Go and verify! FHA issued a statement to festac residents that if they want to buy their flats or houses, there's a required amount of money you have to pay. If you'll continue as a tenant, you also have An amount you'll pay annually.

How long have you lived in festac anyway?

Been living in festac all my life and I'm still there. Tenement rate will be paid until you have fully paid for the property and all house owners must have finished paying by now. The one for my house was completed over 10 years ago.

Go read what the law says because for people to neglect LG tenement rate but instead pay LASG land use charge, it must be legitimate. Besides ever since land use charge started, tenement rate bills from the LG has been discontinued to the best of my knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2013
Not only security threat. They r criminals.
A trader in Benue line owe me 1.4m naira. The criminal association called task force promise to help me get the money or stop the man from trading in the premises on 10% of the money going to the association. I agreed and paid the consultation fee.

Immediately the man came and start speaking igbo, the story changed. Because they knew i had flight the following day, they gave him 30 days to bring the money.
I was told to embark on my travel that they will pay the money into my mother's account.

After 30 days, my brother went to the criminals office, they told him they cant do anything unless i come personally to their office.
I would have gone to court or police station b4 i left, but they have me assurance and asked not to report to authorities.

The vice chairman of the task force is a thief and a racist. the chairman is weak and easily manipulated by tribalism.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bizibi(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2013
Most of these spare part dealers are rogues,they snatch cars,dismantle it for hrs then start selling the parts to people,things should be put in place to seperate the terrible ones from the genuine ones

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2013
[size=14pt]FG A TENANT OF LAGOS STATE[/size]

Jul 24, 2001 - 

Presentation Of Report On Disputes Between Lagos State Government And The Federal Government Over Lagos State Lands By Alhaji Femi Okunnu (SAN)On behalf of the government and people of Lagos State

May I express my sincere appreciation to you sir, for this enormous work you have done on State Land in Lagos State. Let me assure you sir, that posterity will never forget the time, energy and resources which you have expended to ensure that our people in this State are not cheated out of their birthright.

The occasion of the submission of this report also calls for a reflection on the issues, which have given rise to it and our position as a government on those issues. May I say first that Lagos State Government approaches the issue of land in Lagos from three important premises.

1. Land is the most precious resource that we have. Land is our own oil. Unfortunately we have very little of it, substantial parts of our terrain being water mass.

2. We believe that the principle of federalism must be rigorously applied to land ownership.

3. We believe that the disputes over land between the state and federal government must be resolved on the basis of respect for the rule of law, selflessness on the part of all participants, and honest dialogue.

Proceeding from these premises therefore it is the view of the Lagos State government that:-

1. The entire foreshore of Lagos including the Osborne foreshore, and the Islands including but not limited to Banana Island, Snake Island etc are, by virtue of existing laws, and the recent decision of the Federal High Court in the case of Oba Yekini Adeniyi Elegushi and others v. Attorney-General of the Federation and others, beneficially owned and vested in the Government of Lagos State. The decision -in that case effectively nullified the obnoxious Lands (Title Vesting, etc) Decree No. 52 of 1993. While we are not interested in extinguishing or otherwise disturbing third party rights already granted, I want to state categorically that anyone who claims to have any kind of title to land on the foreshore or islands must regularize his title with the Lagos State Government.

2. The entire land mass of Lagos State as prescribed by all the laws establishing the State of Lagos, excluding those lands granted to the federal government for "federal purposes", belong to the government and people of Lagos State.

3. Town and Environmental Planning, Housing etc are residual matters and are therefore within the exclusive legislative competence of states. In the case of Town Planning in Lagos, Lagos State Town and Urban Planning Laws are the legal and indeed logical prescriptions for planning in Lagos. Therefore a situation where federal government officials use the open spaces beneath bridges and spaces around federal highways and railway tracks for the building of shops, toilets and other facilities without the permission of planning authorities in Lagos is clearly illegal and unconstitutional.

4. A comprehensive dialogue must be convened between the state and federal government to find ways of resolving the various needless disputes which continue to surface. It is, in my view, possible for the federal government to work with the state government to ensure that federal use of state land is orderly and in compliance with state planning legislation. Several federal officials who seem to perpetrate these illegalities must also be called to order. Having said these, we are encouraged in this belief by the fatherly role that the President has been playing in this regard.

May I once again thank you sir, for your high sense of patriotism and commitment to the progress of our great state and of our people on whose behalf I receive this historical and monumental report.

Thank you.
BOLA AHMED TINUBU
GOVERNORLAGOS STATE
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2013
0monnak0da: LASG is NOT A trader
typo error! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2013
pheesayor:

Been living in festac all my life and I'm still there. Tenement rate will be paid until you have fully paid for the property and all house owners must have finished paying by now. The one for my house was completed over 10 years ago.

Go read what the law says because for people to neglect LG tenement rate but instead pay LASG land use charge, it must be legitimate. Besides ever since land use charge started, tenement rate bills from the LG has been discontinued to the best of my knowledge
tenement rates are still being paid by residents. some haven't finished paying and some have equally abandoned the payment. My concern is the LG tenement rate which i think it's not right and festac residents have refused to pay.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: typo error! grin
That is how you pronounce it grin.

Yellow card!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by emmatok(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2013
pheesayor:

Just leave this people alone, they don't understand their environment.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by frainc(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2013
i hate to comment on this type of thread

But what i sense is that
FASHOLA needs group of doctors to work on is brain
the man is sick

no doubt

SHEY BI I NO COMMENT
ABI I COMMENT?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mrborntodoit: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
Good point my brother, go to the North they claim constitutional right on another man's land, go to the SS, they claim constitutional right now SW again they are claiming constitutional right.I haven't heard of any other tribe in Nigeria claiming constitutional right over another tribes territory except igbos.I remember we were told then while at the NYSC orientation camp that we should respect the laws of the land when we have been posted to our different PPA. For example,we were told not to kill snake in some community(In Igbo land),will I now say because we kill snake down here in the SW I should now kill there snakes?NO,I have to respect there laws and tradition and not imposing mine on them. The truth I know is that what igbos practice here in the SW cannot be allowed to be done by any other tribe in there region.

Mr man, your contribution is pointless because your comments smell of tribalism. I am an igbo born and brought up in Lagos so i know where you are coming from. Igbos are hardworking people that is why they migrate to all parts of Nigeria for business purposes. If they have to pay taxes, they will definately pay it without problems but if your disorganized lasgidi govt. Is counting on extorting them because they make good money then it will not be acceptable.
Remarks: for those of you whom think they can get rid of igbos in Lagos in order to claim their wealth and properties, get a real life and stop dreaming, cos all we do is work hard and play hard.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by sylvok: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2013
Bizibi: Most of these spare part dealers are rogues,they snatch cars,dismantle it for hrs then start selling the parts to people,things should be put in place to seperate the terrible ones from the genuine ones
And you are not a rogue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) / Tinubu’s Public Blunders Are Minor Issues, Don’t Amplify Them – APC Campaign / Court Orders Alamieyeseigha And Wife To Vacate Property In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.