Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,970 members, 7,942,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity (7883 Views)

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by awodman: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2013
Seven years after it lost its full installed generation capacity as a result of a faulty turbine, the Egbin Power Plc said it had bounced back to its installed capacity following a N1bn repairs on its sixth turbine unit (ST-06).

The Chief Executive Officer of the plant, Mr. Mike Uzoigwe, who addressed journalists at the plant on Wednesday, said the nation’s biggest power plant was ready to add 220 megawatts to the national grid.

The power plant, which has installed capacity of 1,320MW, has suffered a setback for some years due to ageing parts and paucity of funds to upgrade the facility.

Egbin was built about 30 years ago to operate on six turbine units at 220MW each, until 2006, when unit six exploded due to some water tube challenges.

The power plant was generating about 700MW before suffering a system collapse.

Uzoigwe, who confirmed the system collapse, said, “Power would be restored in a short while, due to its new ‘black-starting’ mechanism. Before now, system collapse takes power plants in Nigeria about five days to restore electricity, but the black-starting technology will make it possible within hours.”

Uzoigwe explained that the plant would be operating at full capacity soon, after about seven years of partial operation.

He noted that the plant repair contract was awarded to an original equipment manufacturer, Hitachi of Japan.

He said the company had spent so much money to procure some parts of the plant, adding that all the cannibalised parts were replaced between 2011 and 2012.

He said the management of the plant had also awarded contracts for the final repairs of the plant, saying these were valued at N1bn.

He said, “Repair of unit six will last for 90 days after which the unit should be handed over completely repaired and ready for operation.

“Work effectively started on July 1, 2013 and is still going on. This will lay to rest the rumours that money meant for ST-06 repairs was diverted sometime in the past.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/refurbished-egbin-plant-to-boost-power-supply/
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Freeanijoo(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2013
All this good news coming from all corner, i hope haters can stand them.

7 Likes

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by geefasee: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2013
we hope it will make positive impact
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by awodman: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2013
Freeanijoo: All this good news coming from all corner, i hope haters can stand them.
Its just like the Fresh air button was pressed SPRAY on wednesday cheesy wink
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by StObaino1(m): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2013
This aint news.

News is when its at least 15hrs power a day if not 24hrs.

6 Likes

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Drsheddy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dats gud
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na for paper them restore the power plant.

2 Likes

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by DrMuzungu(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Back at home, we complain when the power goes off for 15 minutes in a YEAR, lol.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Drsheddy(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Baybe: Na for paper them restore the power plant.
na fo nairaLAND
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Taiwo20(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Did I hear full capacity! This is good news not the church kind though.

That I made fp this afternoon calls for celebration!!

On my way to the palm wine joint.

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by BrokenTV: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Baybe: Na for paper them restore the power plant.
th more you hate the more fresh beams everywhere,

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by skotch(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Can someone please tell me where this power plant is located?
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by martin92(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Abeg joor. Make i drink my wheat, garri drinkers shld do likewise
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by femtan: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
let the evidence show in the supply of power,then we can praise you.

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by tatosh: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
HOW DOES THIS MATTER? The power situation has not improved, I still don't have light

SOLUTION: Come 2015, Let's give APC a chance
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by luvola(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
egbin power station is now working at full capacity yet phcn never switch on light in jakande estate at mile 2 for the past 24hrs.. To hell with the propanganda of the 40 laptop dogs, retardeen himself and sheppotamus a.k.a madam jesus . The obvious starting point of strategy to restore the lost glory of Nigeria is to vote pdp out of power first .
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by TUNEX89(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
So wat next ?
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Broken TV:
Loool...your name says it all. Where the fresh beams Abi na only you dey feel am undecided fresh beans ko fresh rice ni.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Drsheddy: na fo nairaLAND
grin
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by deeptesting(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ok....we hope for better days of improved electricity supply....meanwhile I have not had light for two days now.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by henryugo(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
sadwhy until after 3 months,i was thinkin of may be next week cus since last month i ve not see light in my house
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by babaowo: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
skotch: Can someone please tell me where this power plant is located?
... Ijede in Ikorodu, lagos state.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by tatosh: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Broken TV:
Can you explain how this fresh air has improved the general well being of you and yours in the past 2years.

Its either you're being paid/benefiting financially from this government or you're just another nuisance from the southsouth

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
The Move is on the right course, Join or get Lost
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by ariy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
where is the light we are talking about?
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by premlove(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
As you don talk am now make i dey jump up dey mumu my self as u dey fool ur self for public
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by kokoye(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
This same news was reported verbatim 5 years ago.

yea..keep feeding their hopes.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by MrKinkey: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
[/color]
tatosh: HOW DOES THIS MATTER? The power situation has not improved, I still don't have light

SOLUTION: Come 2015, Let's give APC a chance
[color=#000099]

No thank you...PDP and APC are both, in the words of the Immortal Bola Ige, fingers of a leprous hand.

To use mental health terms:

PDP is a full on Schizophrenia- we all know its quite mad and delusional, having being in power at the Federal level for 14 years and plunging Nigeria into near chaos.

APC is a Maniac Bipolar....crazy today, happy tommorrow. A party with elements as disparate as Yerima and Fahola ensures that it cannot be predicted nor trusted. And herein lies the danger.

I'll prefer to siddon look and see who their candidates and party oulook are before choosing who to try my luck with.

In an ideal world, I'd rather sweep both away and dump them in the bin of forgetting

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by AdexAbbey(m): 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
I don't want 2 comment... #It's Notin#
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Haters would come and display their high level of stupidity now.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by tubolancer(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
we enjoy at least fifteen hours of electricity in my area,mind you i lived in lagos and i am not part of the laptops group. please dont ask me where i live o,i dont want anybody to come and put sand,sand for my garri, thank you.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Restored Back To Full Capacity by Nonybb: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dr Muzungu: Back at home, we complain when the power goes off for 15 minutes in a YEAR, lol.
Name the country, or are u not proud of it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Women Are Descendants Of King Solomon And Queen Sheba Of Ethiopia / Appeal Court Upholds David Mark's Victory / See What Happened To Rochas Unused Flyover In Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.