Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,478 members, 7,901,341 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. (1918 Views)

Think Well My Guys / Photos From Rehearsals For The Inauguration Ceremony On Friday / To The Buharist.... Think Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2013
I was walking the street of Taiwo in ilorin (has the highest density of Igbos in ilorin) yesterday, an igbo clot seller called a boy (a Yoruba) to buy his goods the boy said he's not buying, the igbo boy was trying to get him to at least check out the goods in his shop, so he advanced closer and tried to touch (hold) d boy as many traders do but as he moved closer, the Yoruba boy warned him not to touch him.. The igbo boy did and that earned him a slap.
His fellow Igbo traders frm neighboring shops.came out and wanted to intervene but the boy started saying things like "let anybody touch me and see, because u're all igbo u want to beat me abi? Let one person touch me and see if all your shops won't be burnt down......"
In a twinkle, d place was crowded and d boy nd some random ppl supporting him had to be begged and calmed.

Due to recent happenings, online and media bashings, I have bn observing the offline relationship of Igbo and Yoruba to see if the online nd media wranglings have any effect offline and I've noticed the following:

1. Almost every Yoruba, literate or not, rich or poor, have adequate media exposure (through English or Yoruba newspapers, radio programs and likes)

2. Yorubas are angry with the Igbos mainly because an Igbo leader (OUK) called part of Yoruba land a no man's land and the Igbos supported that.

3. Igbos are obviously envious of Lagos, and won't mind coverting it (suicidal thoughts in honest opinion)

4. Any little chaos or civil or uncivil disobedience in Lagos or any other part of the south west involving the Igbos will invariably lead to a great loss by the Igbos.

5. The situation is really bad and saddening for Nigeria.

6. The president is either trying to be a good and neutral leader by resolving things via consultations behind the scene Or is keeping mute so that things degenerate and the country breaks up (an escape route for the Nigeria Delta) (most prefer the second)

7. Only the Igbos can reverse and or salvage the situation by decreasing unnecessary loudmouthness, chest beating and likes, by calling leaders who don't think well before talking well to order and by rebuilding confidence with their hosts wherever they find themselves, afterall big rivers flow in majestic silence.

Remember: in life's drama, there're no rehearsals ,think well before you act.

6 Likes

Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2013
I guess you lot are threatening a pogrom or something?

Why do Africans reason violently and primitively?
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by wellmax(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2013
Well you have spoken well, I just hope this doesn't result to another ethnic bashing.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:
I guess you lot are threatening a pogrom or something?

Why do Africans reason violently and primitively?

Why do Igbo men go to another man's land and unnecessarily chest beat? Why can't they succeed, be wise and earn love and respect?
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2013
@wellness, what is well about what he spoke?

How many times have recent immigrants reffered to America as no man's land, even when the political and economic make-up has undeniably been Western Anglo-Saxon (after being hoisted from the natives).?

Immigrants have asserted themselves by running for and winning political posts.

Do you see Whites or Native Americans getting ready to slit someone's throat?

And what about the numerous countries in Western Europe?

No wonder the rest of the world is perpetual sh*thole. People ready to kill over exchange of words.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2013
silent don:

Why do Igbo men go to another man's land and unnecessarily chest beat? Why can't they succeed, be wise and earn love and respect?

Why should you be bothered about someone's boastfulness, unless you are insecure?

You are welcome to relocate to the east and reciprocate in the spirit of One Nigeria.

Damn :/.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2013
Why bringing the presidency into the issue. Yaruba peeps hate the president so much that they love to insult him at any given opportunity. When wole soyinka aka M .O. P, mummucious lagbaja, tinunbu ur asiwaju of yaruba land, fani kayode were busy insulting the president none of you call them to oder. When fashola was busy deporting people from lagos nobody was saying anything.
https://www.nairaland.com/1406759/no-harm-should-come-fani-kayode
they even went futher to threaten the igbo people for dare to respond to ffk insult
and now the lagos state gov is about to impose another form of tax on them after paying more than 8 different taxes just to frustrate them out of lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/1406959/lagos-labels-spare-parts-dealers-security#17592915.

2 Likes

Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:
@wellness, what is well about what he spoke?

How many times have recent immigrants reffered to America as no man's land, even when the political and economic make-up has undeniably been Western Anglo-Saxon (after being hoisted from the natives).?

Immigrants have asserted themselves by running for and winning political posts.

Do you see Whites or Native Americans getting ready to slit someone's throat?

And what about the numerous countries in Western Europe?

No wonder the rest of the world is perpetual sh*thole. People ready to kill over exchange of words.

^Are u seriously comparing Nigeria to America? Nigeria is an amalgamation that is innately culturally diversified and that and its consequences must be acknowledged always!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by ba7man(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:

Why should you be bothered about someone's boastfulness, unless you are insecure?

You are welcome to relocate to the east and reciprocate in the spirit of One Nigeria.

Would you go to the United States and start insulting the Citizens Calling them Cowards, dirty and smelling??

Would you go to the US and start telling them their country would be nothing without your input??

Answer these questions by yourself, don't give me the answers here.

1 Like

Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: Would you go to the United States and start insulting the Citizens Calling them Cowards, dirty and smelling??

Would you go to the US and start telling them their country would be nothing without your input??

Answer these questions by yourself, don't give me the answers here.

You think immigrants and minorities don't already spew something like this?

You know nothing of American politics.

This is why I said that Africans reason primitively and violently.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:

What's insecurity here? How will u come and tell me to my face that u own my land and u control everything there on and expect me not to frustrate and oust u....
Some people need wisdom.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don: ^^^Are u seriously comparing Nigeria to America? Nigeria is an amalgamation that is innately culturally diversified and that and its consequences must be acknowledged always!

And America isn't multicultural and diverse?

Hahaha!

Black Africans.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:

And America isn't multicultural and diverse?

Hahaha!

Black Africans.

sure u understand my post in simple English?
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
I am from the middle belt and i have nothing to loose or gain if they fight. One thing is annoying about the yoruba peep they never waste time in insulting and slapping people first. Check their usernames and their post you will see for ur self.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don:

What's insecurity here? How will u come and tell me to my face that u own my land and u control everything there on and expect me not to frustrate and oust u....
Some people need wisdom.

Did the immigrants purchase a chunk of the land from you or not?

If the land is rightly bought and legally controlled by them, why not?

If you feel bad go to the east and buy land, control and claim ownership. It's not that serious, damn!

Nobody was complaining when the Europeans forcefully invaded Nigeria, SW included, and called it theirs while deriding the indigenes.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Operation attack
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by deeptesting(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don: I was walking the street of Taiwo in ilorin (has the highest density of Igbos in ilorin) yesterday, an igbo clot seller called a boy (a Yoruba) to buy his goods the boy said he's not buying, the igbo boy was trying to get him to at least check out the goods in his shop, so he advanced closer and tried to touch (hold) d boy as many traders do but as he moved closer, the Yoruba boy warned him not to touch him.. The igbo boy did and that earned him a slap.
His fellow Igbo traders frm neighboring shops.came out and wanted to intervene but the boy started saying things like "let anybody touch me and see, because u're all igbo u want to beat me abi? Let one person touch me and see if all your shops won't be burnt down......"
In a twinkle, d place was crowded and d boy nd some random ppl supporting him had to be begged and calmed.

Due to recent happenings, online and media bashings, I have bn observing the offline relationship of Igbo and Yoruba to see if the online nd media wranglings have any effect offline and I've noticed the following:

1. Almost every Yoruba, literate or not, rich or poor, have adequate media exposure (through English or Yoruba newspapers, radio programs and likes)

2. Yorubas are angry with the Igbos mainly because an Igbo leader (OUK) called part of Yoruba land a no man's land and the Igbos supported that.

3. Igbos are obviously envious of Lagos, and won't mind coverting it (suicidal thoughts in honest opinion)

4. Any little chaos or civil or uncivil disobedience in Lagos or any other part of the south west involving the Igbos will invariably lead to a great loss by the Igbos.

6. The president is either trying to be a good and neutral leader by resolving things via consultations behind the scene Or is keeping mute so that things degenerate and the country breaks up (an escape route for the Nigeria Delta) (most prefer the second)

7. Only the Igbos can reverse and or salvage the situation by decreasing unnecessary loudmouthness, chest beating and likes, by calling leaders who don't think well before talking well to order and by rebuilding confidence with their hosts wherever they find themselves, afterall big rivers flow in majestic silence.

My friend go and get a life,I thought you were a thinking fellow but your post smells of ethnic bias and hate which you claim to abhor.....You are quick to assert the faults of Igbo's but you failed in your post to caution the Yoruba's who are using instrument of the state to suppress and oppress the Igbo's in all ramifications....The Igbo trader you mentioned meant no harm to the Yoruba boy he was only trying to make a living but the Yoruba boy gave him a slap.....What kind of sense of judgement do you have? Shame to you....
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by petrov10: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
I think d op should jst shut up
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don:

Some people need wisdom.
statistically speaking out of every ten houses 9 belongs to igbo. They did not steal it or forcefully took it they bought it an ur peeps use the money to organise owambe party instead of investing it.
My kwestion is who need wisdom.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:

Did the immigrants purchase a chunk of the land from you or not.

If the land is rightly bought and legally controlled by them, why not?

If you feel bad go to the east and buy land and, control and claim owenership. It's not that serious, damn!

Nobody was complaining when the Europeans forcefully invaded Nigeria, SW included, and called it theirs while deriding the indigenes.

And now, that's the problem...too many lies just to try and cover up their chest beating nature.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
And those hardworking igbo traders are buying up ur land at a give away price.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wl b back...
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by deeptesting(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don: His fellow Igbo traders frm neighboring shops.came out and wanted to intervene but the boy started saying things like "let anybody touch me and see, because u're all igbo u want to beat me abi? Let one person touch me and see if all your shops won't be burnt down......"
In a twinkle, d place was crowded and d boy nd some random ppl supporting him.......

The Igbo traders came out to intervene to stop further fracas btw the Duo but the young Yoruba boy brought out the ethnic card as shown on your post.....Who do you think is the problem now?
Did the Igbo trader told him that he is the owner of Ilorin?
The crime of the Igbo trader is simply that he wanted to earn a living legitimately rather run after buses on the street collecting fees.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don:

And now, that's the problem...too many lies just to try and cover up their chest beating nature.

What is the lie?

That Igbos don't comprise a notable number of land owners?

That Europeans didn't forcefully colonize Nigeria?
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don: Wl b back...
i can feel the heat on you.
After selling ur land and property to organise amala party you now want it back by fire by force.
Guy you and ur peep need wisdom to run things.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
I don't even know what I am still doing here.

*unfollows thread."
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don: I was walking the street of Taiwo in ilorin (has the highest density of Igbos in ilorin) yesterday, an igbo clot seller called a boy (a Yoruba) to buy his goods the boy said he's not buying, the igbo boy was trying to get him to at least check out the goods in his shop, so he advanced closer and tried to touch (hold) d boy as many traders do but as he moved closer, the Yoruba boy warned him not to touch him.. The igbo boy did and that earned him a slap.

I find the blackmail undertone that come with most comments in this forum very appalling. It is very clear that many Yoruba are angry with the teeming presence of the Igbo in their land especially Lagos. And the number is growing giving rise to the mortal fear that one day an Igbo governor of Lagos state might emerge. This mammoth presence of Igbos did not start with Fashola’s Government but has been a constant since the end of the civil war. This was brought about by a deliberate policy to delay the growth of infrastructure in the South East, delay development and make it difficult for an average Igbo to survive. But this has not worked out exactly as has been planned. What we are witnessing today in Lagos is knock-on effect of a wicked federal policy to punish the Igbo people. If inland waterways were developed and inland ports were made available and international airport status granted on the basis of business need things would have worked out a lot better. My people let us understand this and try no matter how difficult to wean our minds of bigotry, hate, and wrong self-assessment. Nigeria must become an egalitarian society!!!!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by SLIDiE(m): 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
silent don:

it's simple:
because u can only take the pig from the dirt, but u can neva take the dirt from the pig!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin The dude no suppose force the Ilorin guy na !!!

Anyway, Ilorite are badoo nowadays oooo !!!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tell them to stop selling their land to omo igbo.
donroxy: grin The dude no suppose force the Ilorin guy na !!!

Anyway, Ilorite are badoo nowadays oooo !!!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by kunlekunle: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Omexonomy: I am from the middle belt and i have nothing to loose or gain if they fight. One thing is annoying about the yoruba peep they never waste time in insulting and slapping people first. Check their usernames and their post you will see for ur self.

yorubas are like the boys scouts,
be prepared
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by ba7man(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
I don't want to talk because if i do ehn.......Anyways, I thank God i can see ahead the consequences of various actions and how it will play out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Pastor Who Worships And Preaches With The Use Of Deadly Snakes[photos] / Nollywood Actress Kate Henshaw Goes Into Politics: Contesting For House Of Reps / Being A Migrant Worker In Qatar Is Even Worse Than You Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.