Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,616 members, 7,941,366 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike (14472 Views)

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike / All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

Diagonis is a problem, prescription is also a problem. I've seen too many cases of wrong prescription and had to counsel the patient all over again. Until we begin to co-operate, we'll keep avin problems and all these fall bck on the patients.
counsel the patient? u should hv CORRECTED the person who prescribed. deliverately avoided the main point CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7: Why all this professional tussle? This is the reason why Nigeria wont go forward, everybodi tinks he/she is the head..For d sake of our patients lets just agree to the fact dat we are all one..weda NMA,MLSCN,PCN etc...Imagine the former CMD of LUTH sayin in 2003 dat a patients belong only to the doctor..dats not right..pls we are all one!!
we r a TEAM for which there MUST be a leader. u will hv ANARCHY if u say we r ALL nd everybody is a leader
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7: Though am in NMA and MDCN camp bt i belive dose bodies a hell of selfish bodies..it was wen i gained adm into medical skool dat i discovered..in d prospectus, for a graduate of Anatomy,physiologyand BCH who wishes to get a MBBS/BDS, dey hav to start frm yr2 wich is anat, physio and BCH class..my question is why cant dose ana,physio and Bch grad start frm the clinical class since dey are already masters of d basic medical courses??
i had a classmate a graduate of anatomy who had to withdraw frm medical school for failure to pass anatomy. to attempt ur questn, it is the way the teaching nd exams r structured that is the problem, in medical school u hv so many different forms of exams sometimes involving EXTERNAL EXAMINERS whc is not done in BSc training

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: counsel the patient? u should hv CORRECTED the person who prescribed. deliverately avoided the main point CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS

Well, if I were in an hospital setting I wud av done so. I was in community pharmacy and always av loads of patients to attend to.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

My dear let ♏E explain it to u. Granted a person has a Bsc in anatomy, he lacks d required standard in physiology and human biochemistry, if he has physio, he has not passed anat and bch, if he has bch, he has not passed anat and physio. And for u to start clinicals he must pass all three. So u see why he has to start from 2nd year. I hope somebody ll not come out and tell ♏E dat an anatomy graduate knws more anatomy dan a doctor before hippocrates ll rise from d grave to slap d crap out of him/her
am cleared!!!.now i undastand...Dr pls end dis tussle...@pharmacist, Nurses and MLS in the house,fine u all can prescribe.A MLS make diagnosis wit tests and Pharmacist prescribe the drugs..leave the docs to do the blades work..If dere can be discriminations among surgeons and physicians all in the same NMA,am not surprise seein all dese pharmacist,nurses,mls VS doctors.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
bumfem: @Dmaz... u can now see that u are a neonate when it come to discussing the issues without insulting others. U have no idea of current trend globally. Best practices in the developed nations today is collaborative health care approach not egocentric that leads patients and the system no where. There are nursing practitioners in US who are found more at the community levels, the assess and dx and prescribes medication. They are been found at that level to be better than many physicians. Govt of ontario in Canada now clears physiotherapist to co-examine patient at outpatient clinics bc they are better detectors of musculoskeletal disorders...loads of research support this. Pharmacist now to review and adjust accordingl the effect of various medications in patients in the ward because they are far better than physicians at it. I can go on an on... In UK in Aussie and new zealand. There are highly developed countries who we are looking up to. Their policy and program is about what works and not on ego and fallacy.
I don't see this nation coming out our situation until we embraced truth and justice.
ALL the examples u cited were based on documented evidence which we do not hv in nigerian and remember the issue at stake is NOT about PATIENT CARE it is rather about LEADERSHIP in health sector
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: we r a TEAM for which there MUST be a leader. u will hv ANARCHY if u say we r ALL nd everybody is a leader

It depends on the setting. Anybody shud be able to rise up to the rank of a cmd. By anybody, I mean anybody qualified, in this same health profession. It shudnt be d birthright of doctors.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: a pharmacist may knw the drug inside out but he can not make a CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS.

Now no one is saying a pharmacist can make clinical diagnosis.. That's for the doctors and whatever pathologists or med lab scientists. But the pharmacists input begins when the diagnosis is made.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

The problem is dat u need googles, I think u have Myopia, any symptom of headache, itchy eyes or tearing, has anybody in ur family lineage worn googles. If so I m referring u to an optometrist. Even though I knw what u need but make d optometrist chop food abeg

This is what I'm talking about. Can u just drive home ur point and stop the attacks? This is a sign of weakness.. I'm starting to feels ethics isn't taught in our med skuls..
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

Now no one is saying a pharmacist can make clinical diagnosis.. That's for the doctors and whatever pathologists or med lab scientists. But the pharmacists input begins when the diagnosis is made.
nobody denied u that infact i knw of a clinical pharmacologist who join ward rounds and make put on cases that needs dose adjustment, certain combinations etc
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

Its not necessary its d doctor dat knows what's best for the patient. If anytin happens we ll accept d responsibility. I tell u most solemnly a pharmacist does not knw how to prescribe so he shuldnt. Prescription is not d same for every patient

There av been cases where doctors become confused due to the complexity of some illnesses. Theyve had to seek for pharmacists. Questions like 'pls mr pharm, what other drug can I prescribe for this patient? How else do you think we can manage this condition?' My point is it shudnt get to that stage before u involve a Rxcist in ur prescription. We surely can't start prescribing and do away with doctors, no.. That'll be wrong.. It shud be based on cooperation and cordial interaction btw this two. But no! Our docs don't wanna see Rxcist's at all.. Smh

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: a pharmacist may knw the drug inside out but he can not make a CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS.
DOCTors are expert in diagnosis,nobody is contesting that,but not an expert in drug when there is a pharmacist in the house.

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7:
am cleared!!!.now i undastand...Dr pls end dis tussle...@pharmacist, Nurses and MLS in the house,fine u all can prescribe.A MLS make diagnosis wit tests and Pharmacist prescribe the drugs..leave the docs to do the blades work..If dere can be discriminations among surgeons and physicians all in the same NMA,am not surprise seein all dese pharmacist,nurses,mls VS doctors.

I understand u're a mature person here... It's a general Nigerian problem.. Pharmacists also av their problems, it myt no just be obvious. But the assumed lordship of our doctors is unbecoming. I don't see why a doc shud be NAFDAC DG. What does he know about drug analysis? What does he know about drug regulation and registration? Except that there are competent pharmacists there taking care of all that. Onyebuchi has to go!!!

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

10,000000 likes!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

I understand u're a mature person here... It's a general Nigerian problem.. Pharmacists also av their problems, it myt no just be obvious. But the assumed lordship of our doctors is unbecoming. I don't see why a doc shud be NAFDAC DG. What does he know about drug analysis? What does he know about drug regulation and registration? Except that there are competent pharmacists there taking care of all that. Onyebuchi has to go!!!
gbammm!!!!

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7:

Mr man u r not a doctor not less a med student. If nurses start prescribing deb Traditional birth attendants ll also start prescribing, Community Health extension workers ll also start prescribing. FYI dere is no Rift b/w surgeons and Physicians except d ones u made up in ur head. Maybe u dnt even knw d difference b/w d two
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

The man dey kamkpe
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
Basic components of CLINICAL PHARMACIST practice
1. Prescribing drugs
2. Administering drugs
3. Documenting professional services
4. Reviewing drug use
5. Communication
6. Counseling
7. Consulting
8. Preventing Medication Errors Scope of clinical pharmacy: Drug Information Drug Utilization Drug Evaluation and Selection Medication Therapy Management Formal Education and Training Programs Disease State Management
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

Mr man u r not a doctor not less a med student. If nurses start prescribing deb Traditional birth attendants ll also start prescribing, Community Health extension workers ll also start prescribing. FYI dere is no Rift b/w surgeons and Physicians except d ones u made up in ur head. Maybe u dnt even knw d difference b/w d two
why do u tink dey r planing on makin the position of the Minister for health to be addressed as CHIEF SURGEON GENERAL??
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7: Basic components of CLINICAL PHARMACIST practice
1. Prescribing drugs
2. Administering drugs
4. Reviewing drug use
5. Communication
6. Counseling
7. Consulting
8. Preventing Medication Errors Scope of clinical pharmacy: Drug Information Drug Utilization Drug Evaluation and Selection Medication Therapy Management Formal Education and Training Programs Disease State Management

Sadly Nigerian doctors hate to see or hear what u just posted. Well, we are going to develop as a country, and the state of pharmacy practice has to also develop like it is in other countries. It is gonna dawn on them anyways.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7:
why do u tink dey r planing on makin the position of the Minister for health to be addressed as CHIEF SURGEON GENERAL??
Why do you waste your mb on that Dnaz that reasons like a pry six graduate,we are discussing serious issues here and she was talking about jamb and waec,she rarely reads through a comment before pouncing on the poster,do not dignify her by replying her comments, when we want to discuss jamb and waec,we will invite her

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
on a good day:

Why do you waste your mb on that Dnaz that reasons like a pry six graduate,we are discussing serious issues here and she was talking about jamb and waec,she rarely reads through a comment before pouncing on the poster,do not dignify her by replying her comments, when we want to discuss jamb and waec,we will invite her
is dnaz a lady?? No wonder!! I reserve my comments..
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

so all this noice is abt Onyebuchi? my advice is get a pharmacist to run for president in 2015 nd if he wins then he can appoint 40 or more pharmacists as his ministers
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: nobody denied u that infact i knw of a clinical pharmacologist who join ward rounds and make put on cases that needs dose adjustment, certain combinations etc
Clinical pharmacist u mean?

joker5180: so all this noice is abt Onyebuchi? my advice is get a pharmacist to run for president in 2015 nd if he wins then he can appoint 40 or more pharmacists as his ministers

This is a serious problem we have to contend with. I know of all the serious politics u doctors play.. Only God can judge. We don't need a pharmacist as president or even health minister before we do what shud be done. Onyebuchi that defied court order, what manner of mannerlessnessa??
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
joker5180: so all this noice is abt Onyebuchi? my advice is get a pharmacist to run for president in 2015 nd if he wins then he can appoint 40 or more pharmacists as his ministers

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7: Basic components of CLINICAL PHARMACIST practice
1. Prescribing drugs
2. Administering drugs
4. Reviewing drug use
5. Communication
6. Counseling
7. Consulting

How can u prescribe wen u dnt knw wats wrong with the pt. May a pharmacist administer intrathecal triamcinolone to u wen u eventually cme down with osteoarthritis of d lumbosacral spine, may a pharmacist administer intravenous aminophylline to ur child wen he develops breathlessness and Iv hydralazine to ur wife. Wen she has pre eclampsia
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
on a good day:

Yeah I m beauty and brains. Tongue out
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

How can u prescribe wen u dnt knw wats wrong with the pt. May a pharmacist administer intrathecal triamcinolone to u wen u eventually cme down with osteoarthritis of d lumbosacral spine, may a pharmacist administer intravenous aminophylline to ur child wen he develops breathlessness and Iv hydralazine to ur wife. Wen she has pre eclampsia

Did you attend primary school at all? Go through my posts on this thread and u'll understand better. Go to bed plssss.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by joshuapharm(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dnaz:

Yeah I m beauty and brains. Tongue out

You are English too..
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by blackbeau1(f): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: Some of the comments here dumping on the health workers is really making me mad. These people save lives, they work in under equiped hospitals with so much work load. At the end they are not taken care of. But our beloved government officials who do next to nothing earn millions, plus allowances, official cars,etc....does that sound fair to you? Some nigerians are becoming complacent to their government's idiocy.
Abeg,make we hear word.I serve in a hospital and my mum is a nurse so all my life,I've had the misfortune of being ard hospitals. Let me let u in on a secret. Most of the workers there are lazy and don't care about the patient.that's why people advise that if you have an emergency,you should go to a private hospital or else,trust me,you will die. In my dept for instance,cancer patients are given two weeks before they get their results and most of them don't get the results even after a week. Oh! And by the way,they are paid extremely well.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
joshuapharm:

Did you attend primary school at all? Go through my posts on this thread and u'll understand better. Go to bed plssss.

Oh yeah I also graduated with a distinction in my FSLC, not pass level like u, den I scored 546 in my NBEM and proceeded to a Federal Govt college
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dnaz(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
Osahon7: is dnaz a lady?? No wonder!! I reserve my comments..

Dnt u wish ur girlfriend was hot like ♏E,
Dnt u wish ur girlfriend was a doctor like ♏E
Don't u even wish u were a doctor like ♏E
Don't yaaaa! Don't yaaaa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Enugu Discharges Second COVID-19 Patient / Bitter Kola Highly Medicinal / Conjoined Twins Born In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.