Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,161 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:08 AM

Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos (41132 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Military Generals Are Hiding Away In Yola, Deceiving The President - Idris Ahmed / See Inside An Arik Flight Last Night [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by R3dsp3ar(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2013
Na wao so sufferness dey make mad craze?
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by pembisco(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2013
sambas: BENIN -THERE was confusion Saturday at the Benin Airport and in what seems to be a serious security breach on a local flight, as a teenage boy stowed away allegedly in the tyre hold of an Arik Aircraft from Benin to Lagos.

The Aircraft with registration number, 5N-MJG Flight 44, left Benin Airport at 9am for Lagos. Top officials of the Edo state government were on board the airline. Passengers aboard the airline were shocked when security agents found the teenager at the Lagos Airport after the aircraft landed.

Though none of the officials at the Benin Airport agreed to comment on the issue, but Vanguard observed that the teenager whose name is yet to be ascertained may have entered the airport through the Akenzua road axis due to lack of perimeter fencing at the Airport.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/teenage-boy-stowed-away-in-arik-flight-to-lagos/
i tink d boy wants to go nd teach d lagosians how to pray d holy rosery.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Speechless
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by okechukwu2013: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2013
See his Chaplet on his neck abi he is going to claim that our mother virgin mary interceeded for him! The last guy that tried this on a Los-New York bound flight was turned to shredded meat by time the flight landed in USA . Our poeple can be daring oh even at a very tender age!
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Johnayoola(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2013
seunlayi: you make sense, BH are full of cowards
mind you..its jst my own opinion..it becoming clearer that PDP r behind BOKO BOIz because how cum they never make an attempt on GEJ life if dy really mean business..Tink abt it..na em convoy 500sucide bomber no fit attack??if nigerian army see heavy bombadment dem go run wit dt ther stick call AK47..jst sayin tho nd mind u am nt an hausa guy
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by eightsin(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2013
Dis guy na badoo...to bad it wasn't an international flight he targetd....he certainly pikd d wrng airport.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by DrMuzungu(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2013
Ayatullah:
1.) Why will confusion be at Benin Airport when the Plane landed with the boy in Lagos Airport? I believe the confusion should be at the Lagos Airport.

Because it was Benin airport security that messed up big time, Lagos was just where it all came to "surface".

3.) What stops the reporter from contacting Arik Airlines in Benin or Lagos?
Nigeria Journalists should please sit up and be responsible in their profession of informing the public

Airline has nothing to do with the airport security. It is airport security that has failed to prevent the poor boy from approaching the aircraft in the first palce, not talking about entering the undercarriage.

On a side note, what confuses me is this: Each time aircraft is to leave the airport, there are always many people around it, loading cargo, checking systems, assisting passengers etc. The only moment aircraft is not surrounded by people and also not moving is just before it enters the runway from the taxiway, so boy would have few seconds to "navigate" to the gear compartment.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by kwajahafiz(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2013
The kid yas this look in his face...what the heck am i still doing sorrounded by these same people?. I thought I left them all behind in Nigeria..Till it slowly dawned on him that he took the wrong flight....imagine the dissapointment. This kid has done something awesome, and also given boko haram some ideas. if this kid can fit in there, so can a suicide bomber or just a 100 pound bomb. That can definitely bring down a plane.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Tinyemeka(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Erm... How many decades of the rosary did he say over the course of the flight? undecided
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by true2god: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2013
I dey suspect witchcraft jare. Maybe day don dey break and his winch power don dey fade he decided to port himself into a plane for survival.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Jobyruz(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2013
[quote
author=Ask4bigneyo]Now dt dis one has happend...
Pls ignore any rumour that CBN want 2 use my pix on d new #5000 note.
Yes, truly Federal Government approached me but i rejected the offer 4
leave on in d fool world bro and have a nice time in ur dream world
now due to security reason(s)....[/quote]
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2013
This issue is always coming up with arik. Last year some fellow died in the landing gear on an SA flight if I recall, and it was not discovered until the plane returned

Obviously someone in arik or the airport must have been in on it. A 12 year old is clearly out of place anywhere other than the queue into the plane. Someone would have noticed.

As has been noted, the behavior of the animals called security is a disgraceful as can be expected. Dragging the boy like police and bus conductor
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2013
Appelmoiik: Perharps d lil boy thought he was going abroad nd not lag..lol

lolzzzzz...he beta cofam wella nxt tym...kudos kiddie

luv ur way...d pikin nr wnt embassy-embarrassment
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by seangy4konji: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2013
It should have been new york..just like birdman,survive in any weather.correct boy.got no lungs and needs no oxygen.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by PStacks(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2013
Tolexander: The teenager made mistake, it should have been the airline going to the US.

Benin to Lagos shouldn't be more than 1 hour max. But a flight going to US can't be anything short of 24 Hours, first they must even fly benin to abuja or lagos, then fly Amsterdam or somewhere, before they cross the Atlantic.. Omo, the Boy go Roast.. Just thank God its Benin to Lagos.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by deeptesting(m): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2013
I just want the authorities in a simple sentence tell Nigerians what warranted a tenager to stow away....However, this information must not be extracted by force or torture....I have always believed in this country and struggled to stay here to contribute to its development but I am beginning to think that it is an exercise in futility......
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by dabossman(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2013
I bet his first words must have been "Shuo, we don reash America already"

Its kinda sad though. Even the young ones are giving up on this entity we call Naija.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Ayatullah(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2013
Mustay:
I read this report somewhere else. Whilst not defending the journalist,

1. If the news got to Benin guys, they'd know the problem was from their end. Just as FAAN is shifting blames, Lagos will readily shift issue to Benin and avoid blame.

2. The reporter may be reporting from Benin. Moreover, there's nothing wrong in covering both sides. Most papers would have correspondent at both cities.

3. That's the paper's business, the more reason one should 'different' sides to the story cool However,

4. Reports (FRCN) also have it that the pilot noticed the boy and reported to the control towers who told him "everything was under control". He told the passengers before landing about this so they don't get shocked. I'm not a pilot and don't know if any of his piloting skills could have 'considered' the boy whilst flying. This is the more reason Arik management was 'surprised' that the boy was still 'allowed' to 'board' the flight despite reporting his 'break' into the tarmac.

5. If there were Edo government officials as reported, you would understand why pandemonium fever pitch would be high at Benin. Government jobs are quite sensitive and the 'sabotage' accusation can easily be bandied about. Even the clerical officer who thinks nobody knows him may surprisingly find himself in the limelight investigation commences and everybody tries to escape the saboteur tag.

Thanks for throwing more light on the issue, I now believe the story when I researched further and I saw the picture of the boy being held by Airport Security Personnel. You have done far better than the Vanguard Reporter. I believe he was simply lazy with his reportage, which put doubt in my mind

1 Like

Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Tolexander: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2013
P.Stacks:

Benin to Lagos shouldn't be more than 1 hour max. But a flight going to US can't be anything short of 24 Hours, first they must even fly benin to abuja or lagos, then fly Amsterdam or somewhere, before they cross the Atlantic.. Omo, the Boy go Roast.. Just thank God its Benin to Lagos.
what's going to roast him?
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Willzkid(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
He deserves it

Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wow Amazing....mak nija Air-force recruit dat guy...
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
See how every body just dey commend d boy, so like say we read say he died there wetin every body for dey comment?

As 4 me oo...I no go carry last, I go say, make dem give d boy award because him show bini government how them for take die like say na boko haram
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Korad26: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
It ws as a result of poverty dat cos boy to take such risk.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Orikinla(m): 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
true2god: I dey suspect witchcraft jare. Maybe day don dey break and his winch power don dey fade he decided to port himself into a plane for survival.
Caught in mid air and the bird turned to its real human form? grin
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by aniyphil: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
cogitoErgo: make dem put d boy on a proper flight back to Benin make him go tell him frend say hin don fly under as well as inside a plane! na only over a plane remain make hin fly now grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy LOLZ . . .Nairalanders and their ready tongue grin
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by adorable29(f): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nollywood, berra catch dem young!!! Tchoi! Wetin person no go see 4 naija!
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by moshoodn(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
Stella_Bella: Country wey small pikins wan run comot .

Where is CNN when you need them.

Very soon fowl, goat and dog go pack leave Gej, PEj and all the SINators and LegisLOOTERS

Very, very soon.

*back to my indomie*

Honestly I tried not to laugh.... but couldn't restrain myself from cracking out.

By the way, I fit get small indomie from you? I wan chow.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by Witwicky(m): 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Aaghh...,nka beee..!......I reserve ma comment........

.....Boyz are not smilling.......if dey don't start making a change....who will..?
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by blocker: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
grin grin O boy that boy go win scholarship to the best schools in the USA just got word from the USA Embassy. quote author=oneliegeria] cheesy grin grin grin grin The boy is simply living the LIE called NIGERIA. Free him to his parents or to the Sisters Orphanage before you tell us tomorrow he is Anini reborn.[/quote]
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by delors(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dbeliever: What this boy has done is of no harm to any body. So my advice is that the boy should be enrolled into the Nigerian Defence Academy. Let Nigeria make a change of attitude regarding the teenager's matter. Let Nigerian behave in a matured manner this time.
Yeah, I think that's a good suggestion. But then, if the boy is not checked, it will be like a kind of encouragement for others to try such acts; that's insane.
My view is, the boy should be thoroughly queried to find who helped him into that place. Sure someone must be involved. He is guilty of putting the lives of all passengers on aboard to risk because if anything happens to him in the hole or he suddenly slips and clogs a wheeler or something, then the plane is bound to crash, killing passengers. Also, he puts his own life at risk because, as a minor, he is government property (don't know if it works like that in Naija anyway). All in all, it is a security breach. But the bottomline is, after being queried, as you suggested, he should be enrolled at an academy for education/training. He has courage.
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by nies4u(m): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
i envy dis guy, maybe he think de plane was going out of de country, but i still stand dat government should take dis guy and developed him, dey can even send him to army children school at zaria
Re: Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
The boy may be trying to show what he saw in a movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Tactical Forces Storm Ansaru Terrorist Camp / Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / ‘we Kidnapped Falae To Get Money To Celebrate Salah’ -suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.