Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,817 members, 7,933,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:17 PM

Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide (2852 Views)

Normalcy Will Soon Return To Filling Stations Nationwide – NUPENG / MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by awodman: 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
These stations will be executed through PPP arrangements..

Source: Minister of Transport's presentation @ the 2013 Ministerial Platform

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by awodman: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Other stations continued...

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
dem wan build dem physically or ...?
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
ALL THESE FOR LOCOMOTIVES ?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by ilaugh1: 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Obiagelli: ALL THESE FOR LOCOMOTIVES ?

Do you know the meaning of locomotives?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
tell me, when they finish!
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
i_laugh:

please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by bankyblue(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
By the year 2099 they will finish it
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Maxymilliano(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2013

Wasn't expecting anything less from you, only surprised you didn't tagged it a campaign strategy towards 2015 ...

@Op, a good proposal if you ask me, there's no way in hell the current rail transportation can be revolutionize and modernize without the upgrading the decrepit train Stations scattered across the country.

News before now was that the federal government, through the Ministry of Transport, prepared a draft bill to amend the 1957 Railway Act to allow for private sector participation. The bill has been approved by the National Council on Privatization and will soon be submitted to the National Assembly.

But so far, nothing of such has surfaced at the House. The government should also put into consideration the slow pace of legislative procedures and get the draft bill submitted Asap. Nigerians are yearning for change in all spheres and pu.ss.yfooting on important bills as this won't really cut the ice ...

I don talk my own .
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
Babiloko: dem wan build dem physically or ...?
No, dem wan build dem spiritually
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by ilaugh1: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
No, dem wan build dem spiritually

No mind am
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by gramci: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Fresh Air de make evil men sweat grin
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Symphony007: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
These are new locomotives in nigeria which gets billions in oil and gas revenue annualy and new trains in bangladesh, one of the world's poorest countries, which produces cheap labour for foreign clothing companies.

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by owobokiri(m): 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
We are developing backwards in this country... The Chinese that are building these old structures are fast moving towards bullet trains and here we are resurrecting dinosaurs. But then we like to crawl before we walk even if we seldom get to walk..
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Rossikk(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
symphony007: These are new locomotives in nigeria which gets billions in oil and gas revenue annually and new trains in bangladesh, one of the world's poorest countries, which produces cheap labour for foreign clothing companies.

Liar: These are Bangladeshi trains

More:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jamuna_Express.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alco_in_Jessore.jpg

Oh, and Bangladesh also makes billions in textiles and tourism..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: These are new locomotives in nigeria which gets billions in oil and gas revenue annualy and new trains in bangladesh, one of the world's poorest countries, which produces cheap labour for foreign clothing companies.
they think we are fools, 2015 is almost here, they spent 24 billion on this nonsense while 400 billion was stolen this month from crude oil.
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Rossikk(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
i_laugh:

You're asking an illiterate to define locomotive? Good luck with that.
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by awodman: 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Wasn't expecting anything less from you, only surprised you didn't tagged it a campaign strategy towards 2015 ...

@Op, a good proposal if you ask me, there's no way in hell the current rail transportation can be revolutionize and modernize without the upgrading the decrepit train Stations scattered across the country.

News before now was that the federal government, through the Ministry of Transport, prepared a draft bill to amend the 1957 Railway Act to allow for private sector participation. The bill has been approved by the National Council on Privatization and will soon be submitted to the National Assembly.

But so far, nothing of such has surfaced at the House. The government should also put into consideration the slow pace of legislative procedures and get the draft bill submitted Asap. Nigerians are yearning for change in all spheres and pu.ss.yfooting on important bills as this won't really cut the ice ...

I don talk my own .
I learnt they are planning to table the bills as soon as the legislators return from their vacation..and already relevant committees are been lobbied to give the bill a speedy passage..I agree with you that they should speed up the process...

Very good proposal..if they can put something like that on Ground,it will be very impressive
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by awodman: 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Trains are brought in..you complain they are old and outdated..efforts are now made to bring the terminals to standard and you still find a way to ridicule it..kedu ihe aga eme ka emeta gi?
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by omanzo02: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2013

Novice,

Every train pulling sources whether electric or combustion engine is call locomotive.

Bleep
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
awodman:
Trains are brought in..you complain they are old and outdated..efforts are now made to bring the terminals to standard and you still find a way to ridicule it..kedu ihe aga eme ka emeta gi?
tell me the essence of beautiful taminals with locomotive trains, who is going to use th terminals, judging by the number of people using the lagos - kano route ( 5000 people a week). Btw I would like to see gej frequent the existing terminal for his local trips
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
omanzo02:

Novice,

Every train pulling sources whether electric or combustion engine is call locomotive.

Bleep
mr info is the FG using diesel-electric or gas turbine-electric locomotives? Or what are you trying to prove. That you sabi book ?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Maxymilliano(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
Obiagelli:
mr info is the FG using diesel-electric or gas turbine-electric locomotives? Or what are you trying to prove. That you sabi book ?

Guess he/she was trying to emphasized the point that every train pulling sources whether electric or combustion engine is call locomotive, coz going by some of your assertions so far, you seem to be holding on to one side picture of what locomotive is all about.

It doesn't have to be the common chimney-like, it can be steam, diesel, electric or magnetic levitated locomotive, and the proposed beautiful terminals will be just good for any ...
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Guess he/she was trying to emphasized the point that every train pulling sources whether electric or combustion engine is call locomotive, coz going by some of your assertions so far, you seem to be holding on to one side picture of what locomotive is all about.

It doesn't have to be the common chimney-like, it can be steam, diesel, electric or magnetic levitated locomotive, and the proposed beautiful terminals will be just good for any ...
are we getting electric or magnetic locomotives on those tracks? If yes them I am in 100%
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Symphony007: 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

More:

idiot: theses are new trains called demu trains bought by the bangladeshi government to replace these trains you outlined in your post. So why nigeria is upgrading to stupid locomotives, these people are upgrading to mordern semi high speed rail network.

http://www.easytechtips24.com/first-demu-commuter-train-service-in-bangladesh-railway/

bangladesh GDP:$110.61 billion
nigeria GDP:$243.99 billion

hope you infinitesimal brain is taking down this facts.

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Symphony007: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

More:

do you notice any resemblance between this new nigerian locomotives below and the once you outlined in your post that the bangledeshi government is getting rid of?

Look closely, they are the same thing. So while bangladesh, on the most poorest countries in the world is moving forward with mordern rail. Nigeria, gaint of africa is upgrading to their former standard.

Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 25, 2013
Symphony007 stop arguing with Rossik.
He roves every thread posting garbage facts and figures from UNICEF and world bank etc

According to him, Nigeria is the greatest country on earth. You cant cure him from his self delusion
Re: Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide by BabaEleko(m): 2:33am On Aug 25, 2013
WTF is this?!?!? Looks like a local village bus station in China. SMH! I wonder how much they gonn allocate to this outdated design.

(1) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole VS Peter Obi After 8 Years (PHOTOS) / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / APC: Nigeria's Military May Be Destroyed Due to Handling of Buhari’s Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.