Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,635 members, 7,937,888 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally (14220 Views)

FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thousands of Muslims rallied peacefully in northern Nigeria on Saturday to demand the return of Egypt’s Islamist former president Mohamed Morsi, ousted by the military early last month.

Around 4,000 demonstrators carrying banners and placards chanted pro-Morsi songs and slogans outside a mosque in northern Nigeria’s biggest city, Kano, an AFP reporter witnessed. Organisers put the number of protesters at 5,000.

Egypt has been rocked by political unrest since Morsi’s ouster in a July 3 military coup after massive protests against him.

“We call for the immediate release of president Mohamed Morsi and all political prisoners being detained by the illegitimate Egyptian authorities,” protest leader Sheikh Abubakar Mujahid told reporters.

“Morsi must return to his position as president.”

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation of 160 million people, is evenly divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominantly Christian south.

It is grappling with a four-year insurgency by Islamist group Boko Haram mainly in the country’s northeast.

The violence has claimed some 3,600 lives, including killings by security forces, which launched a military offensive in May to try to end the insurgency.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/thousands-of-nigerian-muslims-hold-pro-morsi-rally/

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by whirlwind7(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is abso-fnckin-lutely crazy! Talk about a man whose house is on fire, but still has the time to chase the rat sharing his shelter!

16 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by IGBOSON1: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jobless twerps!

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by seanet02: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jobless ediots.
While i do not support what the jackboots did in Egypt, i am having ab rethink of the sincerity of the Muslim brotherhood with that islamist constitution.
I am a Muslim but for goodness sake it is not only Muslims that vote you in Morsi.
You fcck up

21 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Gboliwe: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
They should be watched closely. Next we'll hear is they've started attacking christians and burning churches.

10 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by chaloner(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
Siping my alomo..........Islam ......... Muslim .......... Siping my alomo.......... Dnt hav Their time again

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by BlackBaron: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria is like the harbinger of all bs.

What's the assoication between Nigerian and Egyptian politics. Why not rally against Boko Haram.

Here's another video I came across 2 weeks ago with Hezbollah esque elements with the obligatory defilement of Israeli and American flags. The oddity there is their imitation of a BB's band complete with mace and a drum major.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3v6dbJTln8

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2013
smh for Nigeria
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2013
What business do they have with egypt

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by purpinkx(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2013
Next thing they'll complain that they've been deported
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by gameboy727(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2013
I didnt notice that.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by JohnFrankling(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
joblesseness
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Next they would start attacking Christians and burning churches.
Ignorant, brainwashed, jobless and blood sucking nincompoops

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by otomatic(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
protest leader Sheik Abubakar Mujahid? Doesn't Mujahid mean someone who fights (terrorist)?. i hope the security agencies are following closely. this could be the beginnings of another terrorist organisation. afterall i never saw anyone protesting NIgeria's military coups.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by devigblegble: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2013
So my friend was right, most religious people have lost 99% of their common sense,

6 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Profidada: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2013
They are it again, the spiritual leaders of this country. Rather than brainwash their followers against poverty, corruption etc. They find pleasure in mobilizing confused and jobless nigerians against frivolity.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2013
Stark illitrates whose senses of judgement are clouded my religious sentiments.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by mickyarams: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2013
Stupid plebeians, that's what idleness does to you.
Yeye people.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2013
Mis-placed priority tantamount to steeewpidity!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2013
BlackBaron: Nigeria is like the harbinger of all bs.

What's the assoication between Nigerian and Egyptian politics. Why not rally against Boko Haram.

Here's another video I came across 2 weeks ago with Hezbollah esque elements with the obligatory defilement of Israeli and American flags. The oddity there is their imitation of a BB's band complete with mace and a drum major.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3v6dbJTln8

Seun! We need a dislike or thumbs down button. See those kids. What an indoctrination! Smh!!

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by cold(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2013
These Muslims never cease to amaze. Does stvpidity come as standard for the average Muslim? Smh!

6 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by kennyonthrone(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2013
Seenyo: Mis-placed priority tantamount to STEEEWPIDITY!

My man c'aw u tk customize stupidity SMH
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Evestar200(f): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2013
I have a feeling that the person that start the protest is an Egyptian,,, But wait o! what relation do Nigeria Have with Egypt?

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by alphaconde(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2013
The exact number we need to start a spring in nigeria, now that they have gotten it, what bothers them? Egypt.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by doctokwus: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2013
The error of d forced amalgamation of 1914 is now manifesting for all 2see.Sometimes dese jobless,indoctrinated,idiots makes u wonder if indeed God created everyone wt d same brain substance because some of d people down n that participate in dese senseless demonstrations for a cause many of dem don't evn understand,carrying placards many can't even read,behave like imbeciles
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by simpleseyi: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2013
These nonentities need to be shot in time. Nigerian soldiers that just returned from Mali should be deployed to shoot all these nonentities once and for all.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by thehomer: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2013
What is the reason for this rally? Is it merely because this Morsi is a Muslim? Or is it because he was pushing Sharia? Or are they now in support of democracy? Or is there some other reason?
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2013
Whatever those abokis are doing in the north has nothing to do with Islam o. They are simply abokilizing the whole thing to an Islamic affair but IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by otomatic(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2013
alpha conde: The exact number we need to start a spring in nigeria, now that they have gotten it, what bothers them? Egypt.

my brother! i tire. see waste of resources. instead of channeling the energy to protest our own problems, na Egypt come be their concern. Or dont we have protest-able issues in Nigeria again?
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by TheMan3: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2013
20th to comment!! Dancing azonto!!!

But seriously whats wrong with these guys??
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by bong4(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Kai, JTF just missed an opportunity to arrest and interogate existing and potential boko haram members. Pro -Morsi protest my foot, as if some of them know the capital of Egypt.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi / Governor Sanwo-Olu Celebrates President Buhari At 79 (Photo) / Sowore: Don't We Get Tired Of Punishment People Who Vote APC Love Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.