Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Yoruba Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Women (2967 Views)

Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? / Yoruba Women (and dating) / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Women by Uche2nna(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
@ sistawoman

One more thing. That long article on yoruba women is that ur idea of trying to become a yoruba woman for him  undecided
Re: Yoruba Women by amberella: 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
I'm not saying that you shouldn't enter a relationship with him.  But mixing papers with romance is already leading to problems.

Normally, by the time you walk down the isle, you have a pretty good idea of what your partner expects of you.  You have already established submission and domination dynamics.

In your case, you will already be married by the time you start negotiating these kinds of things.  It just makes everything SO complicated!

It's basically the same as an arranged marriage.  These can work, but normally they happen between 2 people with very similar backgrounds, so that expectations are clearly understood.  

Here you have what is basically an arranged marriage between 2 people who have completely different backgrounds and a very limited understanding of what is expected from both ends.

It's scary, sista.  I am really worried for you.
Re: Yoruba Women by Uche2nna(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2008
sistawoman:

We first met as a business arrangment. After meeting and dating I started to fall for him and he for me.

Well, if u ask me I would say no biggie. Seems to me that U both know what U want.
Re: Yoruba Women by tkb417(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2008
@uche2nna
wassup dude, clear the air. whatchu talking about?
Re: Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2008
@Uche
how dare you think I'll cheat on you angry angry angry angry
Re: Yoruba Women by sistawoman: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2008
Uche2nna:

@ sistawoman

One more thing. That long article on yoruba women is that your idea of trying to become a yoruba woman for him  undecided

I love him and i want to make him happy but i think maybe i am going about this the wrong way.

Tonight when he comes over we will talk.

Ladies thanks so much for all your words of wisdom.  The ladies here are great.
Re: Yoruba Women by Uche2nna(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2008
sistawoman:

I love him and i want to make him happy but i[b] think maybe i am going about this the wrong way.[/b]

Tonight when he comes over we will talk.

Ladies thanks so much for all your words of wisdom. The ladies here are great.

Damn skippy U are going it the wrong way.

I encourage U to come hang out on NL often. Here U would meet handles like TOH, 4HER, Stillwater, Rebellious, busta etc. These ladies have very little in common except for the fact that they are yoruba. I think. grin Just be urself and stop looking for any sterotypical character.
Re: Yoruba Women by Uche2nna(m): 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
4Her:

@Uche
how dare you think I'll cheat on you angry angry angry angry

Sorry, babe angry
Re: Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2008
Uche2nna:

Sorry, babe angry
it's ok kiss kiss kiss
Re: Yoruba Women by yemivictor: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2008
Hmmm, emura si! . . . . .
Re: Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2008
yemivictor:

Hmmm, emura si! . . . . .
lol!! mura si kini? embarassed
Re: Yoruba Women by tkb417(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2008
@YemiVictor
bawon ni?
Re: Yoruba Women by NegroNtns(m): 12:17am On Jun 11, 2008
[size=35pt]GBAM[/size]

Negro kicks in the door

I hear una talk about Yoruba woman wetin she do? Wetin dey go on here?
Re: Yoruba Women by NegroNtns(m): 12:22am On Jun 11, 2008
who is Lloyd (1974, 37-38)? Lloyd na yoruba man? how e fit know wetin yoruba woman be? e marry to yoruba woman?
Re: Yoruba Women by NegroNtns(m): 12:59am On Jun 11, 2008
uhm, interesting! grin

Sisterwoman, I am sorry for kicking your door in. I came in here ready to fight if someone talk bad about yoruba woman.

In summary, women are custodians of culture, men are creators of society is what they are saying. Each gender plays its role, crossing into the other gender's role is viewed with reproach.

Modernity has up-ended the roles to the point that society at large has become a collateral victim.

Anyways, no long story, sister please relate to a foreigner as a Nigerian woman, not as a Yoruba woman. Let him see in you the qualities of the Yoruba and the Ibo and the Hausa, and all the other tribes in our society, reflect all those qualities to him and do not transfer our mentality of tribalism to your husband. Represent Nigerian women, be good, hey, make him holler under the sheets! Ya hear me?

I go fix this door for you when I return from my Doctor visit, I need go swallow medicine first.
Re: Yoruba Women by yemivictor: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2008
tkb417:

@YemiVictor
bawon ni?

Mowa nibi te fimisi o! grin
Re: Yoruba Women by yemivictor: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2008
4Her:

lol!! mura si kini? embarassed

Oti mo nkan ti mo n so now! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Know She Likes You? / I Feel She Pretends A Lot; What Should I Do ? / What Are Your Heartbreak Symptoms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.