Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,252 members, 7,891,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax (795 Views)

Ebola Bathing With Warm Salt Water- Hoax Pls / Madam Koi Koi A Hoax Or Real? / Robber Kills Expatriate In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
http://www.desertsun.co.uk/blog/?p=1734

The above write up supposedly by an expatriate on Nigeria is a hoax and I can prove it convincingly.
I have lived outside of Nigeria for half of my life.i can sniff out a Nigerian in Nigeria trying to pass for what he is not and this one is not hard to disprove.
The article is riddled with typical Nigerian expressions and phraseology ,it is not even funny
How could anyone miss that
No Briton would write like that
Zilch
None!
It is sickening that a Nigerian would discredit Nigeria pretending to be someone else
Shame on you whoever you are
Now watch me poke giant holes to your nonsense
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
Loolz.. We were all conned? grin
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
babyosisi:
Now watch me poke giant holes to your nonsense
I'm waiting...

But Babyosisi, i want to know why a Briton would not use those words. Is it a taboo in Britain for those words to be used? I don't think that's enough evidence to discredit the article. Don't forget that this same writer has written previously about his experience in Russia and i think Australia.
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
Evidence numbers one ad two

And insofar as behaviour goes, I didn’t see a shred of difference between the top politicians, down through the officials in the national authorities, through the middle class professionals, through the service providers, right down to the area boys. The behaviour was identical across all strata: I want more money, and I will do absolutely anything to get it. If you were to replace the politicians – l[b]et’s say our 109 senators from before – with 109 random people from the Nigerian citizenry[/b], you would get no change in behaviour. You could repeat the experiment a thousand times, and you would get no change. There is no ruling class in Nigeria, there is just a set of rulers. Where any change is expected to come from I don’t know.

Read the whole paragraph above
" in so far as" starting off a sentence
I haven't heard that from any non Nigerian or any Nigerian living outside of Nigeria
That is a typical Nigerian way of writing and it is repeated in this write up a couple of times

The guy told up Nigeria has 109 senators and now he says" our senators" instead of "their"
This tells me this individual started off Criticizing his country and rightly so but thought for effects ,he needs to morph into a non Nigerian but or got to edit off that part
Bingo!
He couldn't be referring to senators from the UK being exchanged with NIgerian senators,the parliamentary system does not have senators

1 Like

Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Be it a Hoax or whatsoever,...how does that change the fact that what was written there was clear truth....? Now this your claim is what is making this country go backwards...someone tells you the truth and now you want to question his credibility...Go get a life woman.
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
eddiebruk: Be it a Hoax or whatsoever,...how does that change the fact that what was written there was clear truth....? Now this your claim is what is making this country go backwards...someone tells you the truth and now you want to question his credibility...Go get a life woman.

You don't care who wrote that?
Simpleton
I knew some people wouldn't get it,not surprised at all
No wonder the world thinks most of you are fools
The reason why politicians talk the talk and deceive you continually
You are more interested in the stories than the motives behind the stories
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
babyosisi:

You don't care who wrote that?
Simpleton
I knew some people wouldn't get it,not surprised at all
No wonder the world thinks most of you are fools
The reason why politicians talk the talk and deceive you continually
You are more interested in the stories than the motives behind the stories

If truly he is a Briton, what do you think is his gain...or loose..? this person said the truth and your shallow mind couldn't comprehend the article better than to see reasons why someone who has spoken the truth be subjected to being a national of another country...Now if truly that was written by a Nigerian does it make it look like a lie... or does it speak of same truth as that article has shown..? you must really be one of those tribalist in this country because this is a good proof beyond reasonable doubt...you don't think others should be concerned about this country because you think you can do without others when really your country doesn't even have anything to write home about. aren't you ashamed of yourself.

You need to be checked medically
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Babyosisi, where the hell have you been? I don't see you any longer on politics section. Odikwa mma? cry
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Samoo01: 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
The link is bad and the home page is not loading. Can someone please copy/paste the entire article here? I'd like to read it.
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Babyosisi, where the hell have you been? I don't see you any longer on politics section. Odikwa mma? cry

A no kwa m ya
Re: The Expatriate's Analysis Of Nigeria Is A Hoax by Pain(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Senseless Thread

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Benins Popular Fairlyused Clothes Market / Nationality / Do You Say 'sorry' All The Time, Even When It's Not Your Fault? Is This Politene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.