Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,884 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

My Fashion Sketches - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Fashion Sketches (9266 Views)

My Fashion Sketches/illustration / Fashion Sketches And Nigerian Fashions Designs / Fashion Sketches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fashion Sketches by Cherish100(f): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
I thought I should post some of my dress sketches. Did them this morning.

2 Likes

Re: My Fashion Sketches by princetayor(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nice
Re: My Fashion Sketches by MzDesire(f): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
really nice...this is wat i enjoy doing too...so i appreciate this...keep it up!

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Vivly(f): 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Vivly(f): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nice but note this, when there is a slit or show of cleavage on the upper region, the slit at the lower region should be less pronunced

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 27, 2013
Love them.
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
What designs are you drawing? Clothes for plus sized models? Evening wears for women? Party dresses?

What are the clothes for?

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Here's mine

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wow. Am encouraged am also a designer although just v sketches dnt knw aw 2 sew e.t.c. Bt wat i want to knw is aw 2 mve 2 d nxt stage: haute couture, trends, sells either of ur designs or products
Re: My Fashion Sketches by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:16am On Aug 30, 2013
Adeebiwa09: Wow. Am encouraged am also a designer although just v sketches dnt knw aw 2 sew e.t.c. Bt wat i want to knw is aw 2 mve 2 d nxt stage: haute couture, trends, sells either of ur designs or products

First you need to train dear......during the training (hopefully from a good school o. shocked......coz plenty places dey wey be say you go just wasty ya money finish and you get nothing grin ) you would be tought all these things to help you improve........fashion is fun..... grin

Nice skeches thou. If i find my colouring pen soon......i will post mine too

Re: My Fashion Sketches by lylenhu: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2013
Cherish100: I thought I should post some of my dress sketches. Did them this morning.

I like it.
Re: My Fashion Sketches by swtme(f): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
Pls babes I live in abuja, I want 2 learn ow 2 sketch n sew,does anyone know any good fashion designer that can teach me all this?
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Andyblaze: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Cherish these are lovely angry angry
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Onegai(f): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Slight correction: it is considered very very amateur to use Coloured pencil to do Fashion Illustration. Unless you're a master of coloured pencil. The right materials would be watercolour or even poster colour. And always attach the model's head and appendages. I'll post a few examples.

Please do these few things:

1. Go to Emmy Collins's blog (google him) and check for his free Fashion Seminars. He's a respected designer and bespoke tailor who insists on people learning the foundations of Fashion Design (sewing, cutting, design for different body shapes and events, the business of fashion).

2. Go to Universal Studio of Art or Artist Village, Iganmu. Tell them you want to learn Drawing, General Art studies and Textile Design, with an emphasis on Colour Theory and Antiquities.

3. Look for a designer such as Ituen Basi or E.A.T or Weizdurm Francis or McMeka. BEG them (seriously) that you want to do internship under them, free of charge, for 6 months. That's the fastest way to learn how to properly construct a garment (the designers I mentioned are good at this).

I cannot personally give anyone more info than this (it's too exhausting) so I'll say no more on this thread, there's enough advise that a smart person can benefit from. Someone out there, if you ever take my advice, I will see you at the top one day and buy your stuff. You can do better than where you are right now. It's a new year.

6 Likes

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Vivly(f): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2013
^ ^Thanks for the info. Please post the few examples. Thanks.
Btw, as an amateur, coloured pencil makes it easier. Poster colour and water colour muddles up my work.
Re: My Fashion Sketches by koeman(m): 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
Cherish100: I thought I should post some of my dress sketches. Did them this morning.

Wow! Absolutely stunning. Great work darling. Way to go! kiss
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Onegai(f): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Vivly: ^ ^Thanks for the info. Please post the few examples. Thanks.
Btw, as an amateur, coloured pencil makes it easier. Poster colour and water colour muddles up my work.

Notice that you can see the colour and pattern of each garment. Notice that the colours and styles are related, making this a mini-collection, rather than just random clothes. Notice the styles are clear and you can tell some construction ideas from it (mid-thigh slit on the dress, high waist on the jacket, mesh or lace on the dresses, side cutouts, etc).

Fashion Illustration. One should look at your sketches and be able to get a picture of what the outfits look like.

2 Likes

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Onegai(f): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
Vivly: ^ ^Thanks for the info. Please post the few examples. Thanks.

I teach Drawing, and I paint in watercolour, so I understand your pain, lol. There's this nifty thing called a watercolour pencil: it's a pencil that is water-soluble, so you can control them better. They sell them at Artworld, on Ojuelegba road. The single pencils are by a brand named Kimberly (but those are almost finished). There's a set of them, by Derwent sold there, buy it and I can teach Drawing and Colour Theory. PM me for details.
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Adeebiwa09(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Onegai, pls can i b ur student? U sabi ds tin wella i nid 2 learn abeg
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Onegai(f): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
check out this link for tips on fashion sketching

http://www.collegefashion.net/college-life/how-to-make-fashion-sketches/
Re: My Fashion Sketches by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Nice tips onegai

Here is a sketch from one of our student during a sketch test in class this week

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Adeebiwa09(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
@onegai thanx 4 the link. I love the sketch u and efosa val posted, the chalenge is i dnt do mine like dat i draw it mre like what the ops posted though without colour, when i get hme i wuld post sme to show, is anything wrng with that. Plus, al those posing, legs, colours e.t.c how vry important are they even though u hv d skeletal drawing. Thanx
Re: My Fashion Sketches by Onegai(f): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
Adeebiwa09: @onegai thanx 4 the link. I love the sketch u and efosa val posted, the chalenge is i dnt do mine like dat i draw it mre like what the ops posted though without colour, when i get hme i wuld post sme to show, is anything wrng with that. Plus, al those posing, legs, colours e.t.c how vry important are they even though u hv d skeletal drawing. Thanx

Colours are important, legs are important for aesthetic purpose. If you're doing a fashion show, you show the whole model, not half of her. We need to see how it drapes around the entire body. Fashion and Art are very very closely related, themes, planning, execution. Please feel free to post images. If you would like honest critique, I'll let you have it, I don't believe in measuring people by local champions but by international standards smiley

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Sketches by Duchesskm(f): 3:20am On Jan 12, 2016
Nice work. Pls let more come in. Ready to learn.
Re: My Fashion Sketches by virteousvina: 9:18am On Jul 28, 2016
I have some sketches also.

Re: My Fashion Sketches by wamorya: 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Cherish100:
I thought I should post some of my dress sketches. Did them this morning.
please Whatsapp 08067484499
Re: My Fashion Sketches by wamorya: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
virteousvina:
I have some sketches also.
please WhatsApp 08067484499

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: How To Tie Gele (african Headtie) / Ever Fallen Victim Of Fake Gold And Silver Before? / Some Crazy Haircuts For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.