Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,291 members, 7,932,184 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

Igbo-lagos Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo-lagos Saga (759 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Breaking News: Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Mobilize For Agbaje. / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo-lagos Saga by bababoy: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
I’m a young man and know little about history and I won’t even pretend to do or conjure irrelevant and funny stories just to deceive people as some people have tried to do for a couple of weeks now. Besides Femi Fani-kayode(FFK) has fed us enough history for a lifetime.
I just think all this dust about igbos and lagos issue especially their reactions is more of a reflex and it shows very couspicously the content of their character and thoughts towards the yoruba people for years.
The igbos should realise that in the whole of Nigeria the yorubas have the most well defined history that has been cherished for ages so it can’t be an easy task to try and brain-wash or play mind games with them. This is not a re-joiner to any of the articles for or against this argument, this is just a call to critical reasoning.
1. Does Femi Fani-kayode like Chinua Achebe, Orji Uzor kalu and Peter Obi not have the right to come out in defense of his people?
2. Do the Yorubas not have the right to be vexed whenever any other tribe claim glory for developing their regions?
3. should the yorubas fold their hands and allow some visitors re-write their history to favor them and discredit the hardwork of yoruba in their own land?
4. Can’t some people just understand that it takes some level of humility to allow this Nigeria project work perfectly?
5. Can’t the igbo elders if there are any come out and make their people realise that it is total madness to come to another man’s land and claim you developed it when you can’t do the same magic in your region?
6. Can’t this people just understand that every tribe, including the Yoruba’s have feelings just as much as they do?
7. Is it not provocative and insulting for a visiting tribe to try and install a TRADITONAL ruler in another mans land after been allowed to hold various top political positions in Lagos?
If this questions can be answered with all sincerity, maybe some bitter history won’t have to repeat.
I for one knows what it feels like for your land to be called a no mans land-this is the most derogatory of all tribal insults. Its like calling a grown up man a bastard and not expecting a reaction.
I am a yoruba man from Isale-Eko Lagos but no one seems to believe me because some people, who have forgotten their homes and have no sense of history, have seized my land in their small minds. And you expect me to be quiet when I finally realise that I do infact have rights to my land and a rich history that dates over 400 years to support it.

All this igbo supremacy saga just shows how desperate this guys have always wanted to claim development of the whole country to themselves. Today it is Lagos soon it would be Abuja then Kano. What is even more shocking is how these guys descended on Femi Fani-kayode just because he took the pains to show them glaring realities. I, like most yorubas have never had anything against the igbos or any tribe at that but all these talk on social media and newspapers by even respected igbo scholars is called pushing the line.
We are Yorubas, we have every right to lay claims to what belongs to us and since we are very intelligent and educated people, we would retain these rights with our pens and our mouth respectfully for as long as it takes and we expect every other tribe to do the same.
http:///T42qwRg3fH
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Op,
Expect the bashing pretty soon !!!

An average Igbo man is naturally born boastful !!!

One Nigeria as we just must co-exist peacefully and developmentally !!!

I am looking forward to a Nigeria where Gambari will become Obi of Onitsha and an Ijesha man will become Emir of Sokoto !!! grin
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Asoozy: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
Bros, abeg make we just pray say jona no go win for 2015 so that Naija can go up in smoke o. Because without that, we no fit do nothing for as long as we continue being part of Naija o.

As we dey tok so, nnamdi dey ojota dey wait for his family to arrive from onisha o.

Akintola no warn una?

Dey dia while your yeye governor dey form sophistication instead of introducing strong regulations to choke these people off. Shebi all dia businesses are bootleg fayawo? Ehen, just make laws to make it illegal to sell certain things and set standards that must be complied with.

Go to isale Eko, isale agbede and so on and impose on your family heads to revive your family house. Take them back from the strangers. Sanitise Lagos.

Finally hold your yeye oba to speak out against all the affront abi which kain awodi Im be?

Wo, I no fit tok again o.

Patapari e, start patronising your own traders!
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Asoozy: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
donroxy: Op,
Expect the bashing pretty soon !!!

An average Igbo man is naturally born boastful !!!

One Nigeria as we just must co-exist peacefully and developmentally !!!

I am looking forward to a Nigeria where Gambari will become Obi of Onitsha and an Ijesha man will become Emir of Sokoto !!! grin

Still thinking if Nigeria in the long term?

You're on your own sha.
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Ngwakwe: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
The writer of this article should cool down and ask himself these questions.

Do Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws or any tribe in Nigeria have sovereignty over any State in this country?

Should there be different laws applicable to people of Nigeria based on ethnicity, religion or class?

Should there be discrimination when duties and taxes are levied on the inhabitants of a State based on ethnicity and when such revenues are used for development, should there be preference for indigenous people of the State?

If a Yoruba from Edo State or Ekiti will can lay claim to Lagos State without necessarily living there, why then should there be a problem when Efik man who was born and bred in Lagos State and has lived in Lagos for decades lay the same claim as the Yoruba Edolite?

The answers to these questions are the reasons for the struggle for equal right by the so-called aliens or migrants from other States in Nigeria.

Had these exclusive rights been demanded by the indigenous people of Lagos State and not a pan Yoruba tribe thing, the issue would be weighty for the fact the the Federal and State Government disposed them without adequate compensation and it would have been understandable.
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Garrithe1st: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ibos will always be boastful ingrates... Nothing is gonna change that....
Re: Igbo-lagos Saga by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: The writer of this article should cool down and ask himself these questions.

Do Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws or any tribe in Nigeria have sovereignty over any State in this country?

Should there be different laws applicable to people of Nigeria based on ethnicity, religion or class?

Should there be discrimination when duties and taxes are levied on the inhabitants of a State based on ethnicity and when such revenues are used for development, should there be preference for indigenous people of the State?

If a Yoruba from Edo State or Ekiti will can lay claim to Lagos State without necessarily living there, why then should there be a problem when Efik man who was born and bred in Lagos State and has lived in Lagos for decades lay the same claim as the Yoruba Edolite?

The answers to these questions are the reasons for the struggle for equal right by the so-called aliens or migrants from other States in Nigeria.

Had these exclusive rights been demanded by the indigenous people of Lagos State and not a pan Yoruba tribe thing, the issue would be weighty for the fact the the Federal and State Government disposed them without adequate compensation and it would have been understandable.
Go to maiduguri and tell the kanuri's that their land is no mans land or better still go to kano and tell the hausas that you developed kano. Lagos is the capital of the yoruba nation you all can go back to your thatched roof hut in your erosion ridden enclave

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Police Declares Amaechi’s ADC A Deserter / TINUBU And BUHARI The Savior Of Our Time. / Forextime Nigeria Is A proffessional and good broker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.