Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (47032 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Muscomide: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Shame on you, JennyKadry. You stay in your 'diaspora'and cast aspersions on your fatherland, Nigeria. Pray tell, who do you expect to develop and improve Nigeria for you to enjoy? It falls upon each and everyone of us to contribute our quota to the development of Nigeria. How dare you? A Yoruba adage says only a bastard of a child points to his or her father's home using a finger from the left hand. If the cap fits you, JennyKadry, you wear it!! And before you accuse me of jealousy, I also, am in diaspora and have dual nationality.

9 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
OMO IBO: Lol @ pataki and cougar.
Yep, I returned.

Pataki, I understand you are from abeokuta. You can stop by sango ota when next you are in town. You can see me, your arch enemy and then seun.
LOL! Makes it easier to knock some good sense into that nkwobi head! grin

Hope naija babes never finish your life for Sango Ota!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by chucky234(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

is it the same moet that mr patel sells at £25 you are talking about like it's diamond. the ones you even drink in the clubs in nigeria are mostly fake. biko, priorities differ when talking about lifestyle. to you, popping champagne is the pinnacle of achievement......to the average diasporan, his thinking is way ahead.
His thinking is way ahead? Are you serious ,hmmm I get it,he is always thinking towards the huge amount he is going to spend paying tax at the end of each month.

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by onoja12: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
onoja12: i think it should rather be u people hate Nigeria and Nigerians,i can remember when i wanted to get married(my wife not been from Nigeria) it was the Nigerians who went about telling her family rubbish,u guys are fools,u seem not to know that as u insult ur own same eyes are been use to look at u.u go round telling people Nigerians are criminals yet u forget u too are a Nigerian,u cant eat ur cake and have it,if u hate Nigeria so much pls stop been Nigerian cause we don't like u either,for the fact u are on nairaland which means u trying to claim Nigerian yet running down Nigeria which makes u useless

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
OP, how old are you? 10?

You must really have a very low IQ! writing about the ills in Nigeria is different from saying NIN jealous NID. You brain should tell you most ppl those behind the monikers known for statement like " toilet cleaner, dish washers" are just using it for fun or they lack intelligence.
You writing this trash on jealousy clearly put you and them in same level.

Btw, am Nigerian married to a foreigner, with kids .living in the west but I don't see myself stooping down so low to write this, or about how ppl are jealous of me or my career. Only ppl with low self esteem will feel bad if someone calls them a dishwasher. What is even wrong being a dish washer

I totally support the ills you pointed out but you killed it by making comments about jealousy.

Enjoy your thread!

12 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by livethinme: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
bellong: The principal problem of Nigeria still remain Nigerians.

The custom officer who molested travellers at the airport is a Nigerian. The police collecting bribe on the street and killing those who refused to pay is a Nigerian. The permanent secretary of a ministry who sits on government contract and collude with minister to divert fund is a Nigerian.

The civil servant who demands a tip before doing the job he is paid for is a Nigerian. The mechanic who cheats a car owner in order to get more money from him is a Nigerian. Students that are supposed to be studying to become better in solving problems in their country but are busy finding a way of short-changing the system are Nigerians. Pastors sweet-talking their congregation to collect the members' hard earned money are Nigerians... Bankers diverting customers' money are Nigerians.

In all the above listed, I have not mentioned the evils of government because the government of any country is a reflection of the followers.

We need a value re-orientation in the country to kill this get-rich syndrome that has eaten deep into the heart of everybody including religious houses.

Only Nigerians can save themselves from themselves.

I agree with you but isnt it ironic given how religious many Nigerians are that the country is without morals and in need of a value re-orientation?
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
chucky234: His thinking is way ahead? Are you serious ,hmmm I get it,he is always thinking towards he is going to spend at the end of each month.

the thought process of the average nigerian in nigeria is a closed loop. once he closes at work, his brain is in a turmoil thinking about traffic, power supply, how to quickly iron his work clothes for the next day, security, etc.

these are the daily thoughts of the average nigerian - when does he really have the time to think about other stuff? even when he does, he spends less time than his counterpart abroad who does not have these issues on his tab.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by imauri: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
i understand ur pain and all but i do not share the same sentiment.... we all pain as well but home is home... no matter what.....i dont live in nigeria but i grew up there and it will always be my home...(do not call nigeria a pit just because u have the opportunity others may not have... i dont live in nigeria, i have a professional job( a good one at that) and my wife is not nigerian either but she knows i love my country ( every country has issues) EVERY....and it is my home and hers as well....so swallow ur anger....just so u know....truth be told alot of well meaning nigerians have no time for this crap..... so i guess those hating on u are the undergrads who use figures to rep words eg 8(hate)...... and u just responded to them

9 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
imauri: i understand ur pain and all but i do not share the same sentiment.... we all pain as well but home is home... no matter what.....i dont live in nigeria but i grew up there and it will always be my home...(do not call nigeria a pit just because u have the opportunity others may not have... i dont live in nigeria, i have a professional job( a good one at that) and my wife is not nigerian either but she knows i love my country ( every country has issues) EVERY....and it is my home and hers as well....so swallow ur anger....just so u know....truth be told alot of well meaning nigerians have no time for this crap..... so i guess those hating on u are the undergrads who use figures to rep words eg 8(hate)...... and u just responded to them
Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by funnyx(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cultured:

My dear, what you don't know is bigger than you ... it all depends on your line of biz .

Whichever way you get it you obviously can't maintain them, PR carries residency requirements which you cannot meet for 3 countries even if you can move around all your life like a fulani man.I am making this post from experience.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by ibezomamyahoo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
bellong: The principal problem of Nigeria still remain Nigerians.

The custom officer who molested travellers at the airport is a Nigerian. The police collecting bribe on the street and killing those who refused to pay is a Nigerian. The permanent secretary of a ministry who sits on government contract and collude with minister to divert fund is a Nigerian.

The civil servant who demands a tip before doing the job he is paid for is a Nigerian. The mechanic who cheats a car owner in order to get more money from him is a Nigerian. Students that are supposed to be studying to become better in solving problems in their country but are busy finding a way of short-changing the system are Nigerians. Pastors sweet-talking their congregation to collect the members' hard earned money are Nigerians... Bankers diverting customers' money are Nigerians.

In all the above listed, I have not mentioned the evils of government because the government of any country is a reflection of the followers.

We need a value re-orientation in the country to kill this get-rich syndrome that has eaten deep into the heart of everybody including religious houses.

Only Nigerians can save themselves from themselves.

Only the truth, such as your post, shall set us [Nigerians] free...
We are always busy pointing fingers at the failure of other Nigerians, while overlooking our contribution to the level of overall failure in Nigeria...

East, West, North or South...there can never be a place like home...the day jennykardy experiences racism and/or other unfair treatment on the basis of her colour, race, nationality etc, she would wish to return to Nigeria...

On a final note, the biggest problem in Nigeria is the way we treat our fellow Nigerians; and when you add tribalism...I will rest my case. NIGERIANS REMAIN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF NIGERIA. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by bellong: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
livethinme:

I agree with you but isnt it ironic given how religious many Nigerians are that the country is without morals and in need of a value re-orientation?

You noted religious. We are only religious but not godly.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cougar, I'm happy with the cabana in the country side. Fresh air with lots of greeneries.

Pataki, I'm hooking myself up with one of your sisters. Dem wan kill me with ikokore.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

the thought process of the average nigerian in nigeria is a closed loop. once he closes at work, his brain is in a turmoil thinking about traffic, power supply, how to quickly iron his work clothes for the next day, security, etc.

these are the daily thoughts of the average nigerian - when does he really have the time to think about other stuff? even when he does, he spends less time than his counterpart abroad who does not have these issues on his tab.

Do you have stats to back this up. Have you worked in Nigeria to know this. Making this kind of generalization is absolutely wrong.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by emmabest2000(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
Who told you that Nigerians are "hard working" people, you must be saying this from your own opinion. But you need to come to reality and understand what Nigerians are known for. Get it right, Nigerians do not have the reputation of HARD WORKERS, but of dubious people; goal diggers; corrupt minded people; social benbenefit cheater; prοstituting workers; lazy nuisance; romance cheaters; drug peddlers; habitual liars; religious fanatics; loud speakers; superstitious believers and all sorts of negative reputations
STOP BEFORE I ......
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by sunsky29(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
av bin silent,am a die hard naija guy here.nw i wl put my own tori.dis obodo oyinbo tink say dm get moni?if thr ar nt schoolin thr.they ar washn plates or toilets there.

our landlord came bk frm u.k,dn d man ejectd 1 of d tenant on the grnd dat he wantd 2 tk d apartment 4 hz pesnal use..d guy packd out o.d next day d guy(tenant) came to pick hiz masta bedrum large wall mirror...u cn c d drama na. D america returnee no wan gv d guy im mirror again..na so d landlord leave dat syd e da cum da drag 4 wall tenant wall mirror?

d man sef eh. And ds mugu cum here da hala rubish to we home based eaglez?.if u c d tori eh.u go even say y pipu da rush go outsyd d country,only to cm bk da drag 4 dia tenant property...poor diasporan.atink say d landlord go america to fynd grena pasurez.abi e no c am.mayb na toilet e go da wash dia.OP,NA THUNDA GO FIRE UR WIDE YANSH.neva u insult my naija.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Burgeo:

Its not all about making d money but about the life u live. money is just a paper any body can get it anytime anywhere but u can't get good life anywher. that's the point d writer was tryn to make. 2 B sincere I HATE my country and I will disown it if I get d chance.
My brother is a multi millionaire but he was kidnapped and was killd in his fathers land after paying 30million ransom.
Such a sad story. Someone was killed in the US last week by 2 kids just because they were bored. I am sure the person's brother now hates the US and will disown it if given the opportunity.

11 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by MitchDLeo(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
It depends on how you describe the word best because if you haven't noticed some countries in Africa like south Africa, Ghana e.t.c has gone way above Nigeria now. And they have better respect for their citizens. Hundreds of youth in Lagos are in the South African embassy and Ghanaian embassy looking for Visa. And the funny thing is that i heard there was a time in the past when we drove these people away from our home. Thats Ironic
Cultured:
@OP

You are a slowpoke by terming our beloved country " shait hole " ... For your information , our best in all professions are based in Nigeria, it's only faint hearty ignoramuses like you and your ilks that do make it look as if it's a big deal living as second class citizen in abroad . Suffice to say 99% of Nigerians living in this so called abroad lives from hand to mouth , so I don't see why you should feel like a demi-god , because you reside abroad temporarily/permanently. If every body should runaway from this country , then who will fix it well ?

Hey! Before you attack me , note that I have traversed the breath and length of this world and I hold permanent residence in 3 different advance countries ,USA inclusive and even as I write this piece am not in Nigeria , but that's not reason enough for me to term my beloved country " shait hole " like you did , because I know that Nigeria still remain the best country in this world .

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
A-town:

Do you have stats to back this up. Have you worked in Nigeria to know this. Making this kind of generalization is absolutely wrong.

stats to back up the fact that there's no electricity in nigeria? stats to back up there's no security? stats to back up the untold hardship motorists suffer in long traffics? come on - where's your 6th sense?

OMO IBO: Cougar, I'm happy with the cabana in the country side. Fresh air with lots of greeneries.

Pataki, I'm hooking myself up with one of your sisters. Dem wan kill me with ikokore.

omo ibo, can i get an invitation from you?

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by BigBen10: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
jennykadry: I am going to say this to all you hating nigerians living in diaspora that you lot should go on your knees and pray to whatever being you serve so that we remain here cos if some of us professionals with high standards decide to relocate back to Nigeria.....ALL OF YOU WILL BE JOBLESS, YOUR JOBS WE WILL TAKE AWAY FROM YOU AND OUR PAY WILL BE QUADRUPLED BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT PEOPLE INTELLECTUALLY BLESSED HAVE GRACED THEIR PRESENCE"......in other words shuuushhhh and be thankful to us cos without us staying abroad, some of you people will be begging on the streets for food.

I only have a problem with this part of your piece. You really think you are more intellectually sound than Nigerians at home? I don't know on what basis you traveled to Australia but that does put you at higher mental capacity than Nigerians at home.

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Cultured(m): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
funnyx:

Whichever way you get it you obviously can't maintain them, PR carries residency requirements which you cannot meet for 3 countries even if you can move around all your life like a fulani man.I am making this post from experience.

My guy you amuse me , once more, I say to you , what you don't know is bigger than you ... The word "impossible" doesn't exist in the lives of adventurers . Well , depends on what your line of biz is, if you want to know better you can buzz me , that's if you are into GBW biz network .
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Burgeo: 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
ifyalways: The other side of the coin!
Some Nigerians living in Naija are quite so very comfy with their lives here that they don't give a fvck about diasporans. Truth is that,if and when "some" of this obodo oyibo people come back, they CANNOT afford to pay for the good things they are used to because YES,their power no reach.obodo oyibo or not. 3 bed flat in choice area,security,diesel,fun for family,education, food stuff you guys get at peanuts in ala bekke,we pay dearly for here sooooo,when some people come back with their few pennies and bloated head,they see themselves relegated to the background in dirty hoods.
Personally, I think its only the poor in Naija that envy or even get time for ndi obodo oyibo. Enough activity dey lekki/chevron/banana island/ikoyi/VI for home based peeps that know what's up.
People wey hold pepper for Naija no dey go siddon for any embassy much less get flogged,they have PA's that get their travel itinerary sorted.

Long story short: wherever one finds him/her self,shoe get size and all fingers won't ever be equal.

Poor u !! See how u reason. what about the less fortunate one so dey will go die.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Oh shiet!
Just saw the 'broke azz' comment.

Lmao. . .ok missy!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
This OP just insulted over 150, 000, 000 Nigerians, most of which she is not qualified to clean their shoes.

No one truly hate you runnerway people, but I guess people hate the cowardice in diasporans who do nothing than criticise.

The fact that you run out to live an easy life doesn't mean most people dont travel out. But we chose to be home, cos home is where heart is. Same reason you find yourself on nairaland than Huffington post.

I know life was tougher for you before you escaped your misery but allow some of the respect while we fight the governments to fix the mess.

Do not insult Nigerians at home cos even you dont come soon, at death you will need mourners to welcome you at "earport".

12 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cultured:

I know your type , empty vessel makes the loudest noise .
Spot on! I doubt someone who is doing well and enjoying his or her life abroad will bother about starting an attention seeking thread like this. No way!

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

is it the same moet that mr patel sells at £25 you are talking about like it's diamond. the ones you even drink in the clubs in nigeria are mostly fake. biko, priorities differ when talking about lifestyle. to you, popping champagne is the pinnacle of achievement......to the average diasporan, his thinking is way ahead.

Damnnnn coogar, on one of my visits to nigeria, see people showing off with Moët, I almost fainted. Moët that an high school chap here will buy a carton ?
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by afolabiola58(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
wow! wow!! wow!!!
Jennykadry? Do u knw I wud av dropped my hat 4 u had it been a wise outburst? Posterity 4 judge u 4 al dis names u r callin ur country al because of u bn a second class citizen over there BECAUSE am vry sure 'if u check ur phlogenetic tree, its likely dat som of ur family members (ancestors) wud av contributed either 'directly or indirectly' 2 bring dis nation to it pitiable predicament::::dats y God will reward u accordingly

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by papushki(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
One man's meat is anoda man's kpomo ;DOne we are entitled to our own view, despite d chaos, corruption, no light, no good road, boko haram etc they are millions of pple who will not trade their country for another.
I don't think naijas in diaspora insult dis country as much as naijas dat live here but despite dis we still are proud naija pple and are ready to show it. If you don't like naija pls u are free to stay wherever rather dan comparing notes on who hates naija d most let's discuss on what we need to do to make dis country great for once.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by funnyx(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cultured:

My guy you amuse me , once more, I say to you , what you don't know is bigger than you ... The word "impossible" doesn't exist in the lives of adventurers . Well , depends on what your line of biz is, if you want to know better you can buzz me , that's if you are into GBW biz network .

Good luck to you almighty adventurer.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
OMO IBO: Cougar, I'm happy with the cabana in the country side. Fresh air with lots of greeneries.

Aha! You are banging one of my ijebu sisters - you will have to come and prostrate for me very soon! Even me, as an Egba/Ijebu boy does not like ikokore, omo ibo is now chopping it free. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by sunsky29(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
i dnt hate them..i jst hate d fact that they cum hr n beef us only wen they ar out of d country..its war.home basd vs forign basd.una tink say na una sabi yarn?mk we teach una d naija way.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
collynzo2: Such a sad story. Someone was killed in the US last week by 2 kids just because they were bored. I am sure the person's brother now hates the US and will disown it if given the opportunity.

Eediot, was he kidnapped? Dunce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

An Accident In Abuja Along Bwari Jere Road (pics) / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know / Accident Just Now At Okigwe Umuahia Express Way (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.