Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,681 members, 7,945,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Davido’s Skelewu Vs Mystro’s Skelebe: Who Copied Who? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido’s Skelewu Vs Mystro’s Skelebe: Who Copied Who? (704 Views)

Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube / Davido Skelewu Dance... (video) / Man Dances Unclad To Win Davido's Skelewu Competition! (UPDATED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido’s Skelewu Vs Mystro’s Skelebe: Who Copied Who? by konglaow: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2013
It was quite easy for me to notice this, but picking up my pen became the issue, even after I penned my thoughts, the inertia to publish was still yet to be broken. Thanks to @CoolFMNigeria, for that tweet that changed everything and made me feel “not alone”.
Davido, Omo Baba Olowo himself is nothing short of your typical A-List Music star, churning out hits after hits. Probably one the few ones you would always want to be around as he has always been known to be a free spender. Being the only son to a business whom Dangote once said is the only Nigerian Business man he respects, I guess that explains it all. Mystro on the other hand is a young artiste/ producer, who might not be A list yet but definitely beyond the upcoming acts level already, with several hits to his name, the sky seems to the starting point. Mind you I am not taking any glory as a singer or producer of Davido, but everybody knows him already.
While Mystro can boast of a lot of creativity and originality in his works, I do not think Davido can. Back when, I mean back then, from, the mega hit, Dami Duro, Davido was a vapour, very far from being solid. Lack of lyrical strength was a major deficiency the song, then, the Gobe controversy. Pass word was not a kid in the industry as at then, having written super hit like Champion (sang by General Pype and the chorus was sang by password himself) and Style Na Style (Sang by Darey and 9ice). He wrote Gobe and sang it himself in 2011. Davido was said to have paid 500,000 thousand Naira to password for Gobe(unconfirmed). Now Skelewu and Skelebe.
I am not for or against personality. I am for true talents who have creativity and originality, the true talents with exceptional quality. There would have not being any controversy if Skelewu was before Skelebe, but with Davido’s previous pedigree, Skelewu could just be his version of Skelebe. I am not making any conclusion here. My point is with all this happenings, Should hype be a priority or Talent, Money or content.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Photos: B Elect Of Award Winning Rap Group Thorobreds Weds / Dbanj Looking Dapper In Suit And Tie / Update On Producer OJB In India For Treatment.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.