Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

Help With Windows Media Player 11 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Windows Media Player 11 (2025 Views)

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player / Install Windows Media Player Without Validation / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Windows Media Player 11 by tflow2(m): 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2008
Please, I need help with my windows media player. I am using a laptop that comes with windows XP professional. And I was using windows media player 9 before, I decided to upgrade to the WMP11 version, after all the stress of downloading the whole 26MB or so, only to be faced with the problem of Genuine Advantage Privacy Statement, it has practically left my system lifeless as I love listening to music while working on my system. Now I can't listen to any of my tracks, Please I need help ASAP. I like the WMP11 and I will appreciate it if I can get help with using it, Thanks in advance ya'll
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by cooldude62(m): 12:38am On Jun 11, 2008
hi t-flow,
if your laptop came with xp, it should have downloaded media player 11 with no problem,
it only does that when the xp is not genuine.
the solution now sine you cant play any music is to restore to where it was,
i hoe that works,
this is the procedure:
start-----all programs-----accessories-----system tools------system restore.
then you choose an earlier date where the media player 9 was active.
hope it helps cheesy

if it doesnt work, you might have to re-install xp undecided
goodluck bro.
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by tflow2(m): 6:14am On Jun 11, 2008
@cooldude
cooldude62:

this is the procedure:
start-----all programs-----accessories-----system tools------system restore.
then you choose an earlier date where the media player 9 was active.
hope it helps cheesy

WOW, that worked like magic, thanks a mill bro, Now I can have my music back, Yippeeee. But now I am really pissed that I have been using a FAKE copy of windows, means that crazy engineer dude played me. Anyways, can anyone still advice me on getting windows media player 11, call me anything you want, yea, I want it, gimmmie, gimmie, lol. I be one kain "olojukokoro" I like the best only,

Thanks cooldude, your the COOLEST
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2008
t-flow:

@cooldude
WOW, that worked like magic, thanks a mill bro, Now I can have my music back, Yippeeee. But now I am really pissed that I have been using a FAKE copy of windows, means that crazy engineer dude played me. Anyways, can anyone still advice me on getting windows media player 11, call me anything you want, yea, I want it, gimmmie, gimmie, lol. I be one kain "olojukokoro" I like the best only,

Thanks cooldude, your the COOLEST

why do y'all think i keep maligning 'computer engineers' and the pricks who say they have 'genuine' kaspersky etal - mot of them are dishonest and incompetent pricks who will install pirated softwaer without informing you. any warezed product that requires constant updates - eg an antivirus - will alway give you problems. theres a registry entry floating aerouund the net somewhere that will make your windows genuine. thats all i'll say. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by DoubleN(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2008
Send me your e-mail addy. Hope i am not crossing the line! cool
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by ztyle(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2008
Why not try VLC Media and Turn its look to WM 11.
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by cooldude62(m): 5:46am On Jun 12, 2008
thank God it worked for you bro.
goodluck wink
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by trutalk(m): 6:37am On Jun 12, 2008
Incase u want to use dat media player 11 in d future with dat ur system & also wit dat copy of ur win xp, u can e-mail me @naughtybenny247@yahoo.com & indic8 u r 4rm nairaland let me tell u wat 2do.
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by cooldude62(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2008
people never sieze to crack me up undecided
why send a mail to you to help out?
do you want to charge the guy?
post the stuff here haba!!!
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by Maleeq(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2008
Though I am against pirated copies of softwares, let me help you out on this one.

I followed this procedure to install WM11 on Windows 2003 server and then realized it bypasses the validation test on XP machines as well. Here:

- Download the Windows Media Player 11 setup file and save to disk.
- Run the setup file - the first thing you should see if a validation checker. Just leave this up, DON'T go any further.
- Open the temporary directory (type %temp% in the run dialog box).
- In the "IXP000.TMP" folder in the temp directory, run the following in the listed order:
- wmfdist11.exe
- wmdbexport.exe

- Restart your system after the both installations only.
- Once restarted, run the Windows Media Player 11 setup file again as the temporary file has been deleted. Navigate back to the "IXP000.TMP" folder and run the wmp11.exe file and restart once more.
- After this restart, you should have successfully installed WM11 without OS validation.

P.S: No be me tell you o!
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by tflow2(m): 5:03am On Jun 15, 2008
WOW guys, I never knew we had so many eager GEEKS in here. Thats great for nairaland I guess, ya'll know the good thing Its that I have WMP11 installed on my system and working perfectly now. But I was just wondering how we all have to use FAKE windows, and when we encounter problems like this, we have to pass corner, corner, do different kain thing wey no dey too clean just to enjoy your computer, na wa for 9ja oh. I say I am better off outside this country men, Anyways, thanks bros, I appreciate your help, expect another prob from me very soon as I love the coolest stuff one can get hands on, hehe grin wink
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by LARRYMcCOY(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2008
@T-flow
I don't support you blaming the Engr because installing original copy of Window XPS2 cost almost 25k which i don't think just anyone can afford simply because you want to keep your system working.nevertherless if you want the original copy of windows you visit Vineyard Computers at Adepele str in Computer village.You can now Validate anywhere on the net,
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by sammy88(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2008
your system is low on virtual memory.windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.during this process,memory requests for some applications may be denied.

this is what my system is complaining and each time he complains it my system we started working slowly at times he got hang

Please I need help.
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by Maleeq(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2008
@sammy88

Whats the size of your system memory? (RAM).
Virtual memory is a space on your hard drive reserved for/used like a RAM (swap partition). When your available memory is low or applications have redundant volatile data in RAM, they get swapped into the virtual memory.

To improve performance (some what) on your system, just go get a higher capacity RAM, nothing less than 512Mb.

Cheers!

P.S: Try creating a new thread(after searching for similar threads on the forum) if you need faster responses!
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ maleeq - what exactly is d diff between the pagefile and virtual memory?

plus- i f have a peculiar issue.
i'm dualbooting vista and xp - which means i have 2 page files.

as a resource control freak, i have all sorts of monitors running. i use mem info- and it says my page file is 6gb. i couldn't figure this out before, and i caually once went as far as reducing the pgefile to 521mb, only to see it as 4gb. sadly it backfired and i had to reinstall windows.

anyway, i think i've figured it out, mem ifo is referencing the pagefiles on my vista and xp drives.

but does the system do the same ?
and what are the implications for xp - because i think that implies that xp's pagefile will have vista stuff in it(am i making sense? ) unless i clear the pagefile when i reboot?

i ask this because my xp actually seems to run slower than my vista,
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by Maleeq(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2008
@oyb

They basically are the same. Virtual memory refers to hard disk space (Page File /swap file/swap partition) reserved for 'memory-like operation" for data that does not fit in RAM or are redundant.

About dual booting, from my knowledge, they should not be sharing page files. I am not so sure about this though. Its possible cos in both OSes, the page file is named "pagefile.sys" and that is the name the OS searches for when locating page files located in more than one partition/drive.

About reducing the page file down to 512Mb, not good. Even though you have 4Gb of RAM, it is worthy to note that on x386 machines, the max addressable memory is 4Gb per application/process. This by far more than the RAM you'll ever have. Some applications reserve memory they probably would never fully utilize. . .these are the time virtual memory is great.

About the page files containing the other OS information, its very possible. Since data is stored on the hard drive, and you know that when a file is deleted, its the memory pointer that gets deleted and not the actual data. However, when windows sends a file to page, it creates a pointer that maps the requesting application's memory request range to the actually page location. This pointer is not retained after a reboot and effectively, the application will lose its data(Just like a RAM will).

Your XP running slower than Vista should not be entirely cos of your page file. Use the performance monitor to view the the virtual memory activity. If you have a high index, then you know you've got to pump up some RAM or defragment the page file/drive.

I hope you get a lil info from all I've written, else let me know.

Cheers!
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by sammy88(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2008
Maleeq:

@sammy88

Whats the size of your system memory? (RAM).
Virtual memory is a space on your hard drive reserved for/used like a RAM (swap partition). When your available memory is low or applications have redundant volatile data in RAM, they get swapped into the virtual memory.

To improve performance (some what) on your system, just go get a higher capacity RAM, nothing less than 512Mb.

Cheers!

P.S: Try creating a new thread(after searching for similar threads on the forum) if you need faster responses!

thanks
i have 256mb ram and i have been using it for the past 2 yrs now and i did not get that complain .what i think could cause that is virus and since u said that i should get 512mb ram i will do that and see how it works .
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by saintstoke: 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
Me thinks the best thing you have to do is to get a genuine copy of winxp,i had similar problems when i was running xp on fujitsu simens until i was able to order for a genuine copy of winxp, and installing mp11 and other softwares became a thing of the past. interested? write saint.stokey@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by lammy2rule(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2008
T flow hola me at my mail and let talk about the genuine stuf,also as 4 kaspersky av got a way out and its got guarantee
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by koolphobi(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2008
all this will take a lot of time
this is the simplest step by step instruction of cracking wmp11.exe
if u have winrar, just unarchive it to a folder,
the executables are displayed in this folder
run them except for setup_exe
make sure u run wmpappcompat.exe last, it an hotfix (neccesary)
also make sure u are on SP2
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by tobs(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2008
@poster . . .i also av the same probs . . .but i just went to compuetr village to get the full installer of the windows media player 11 . . . .just go get yours . . . wink . . . the graphics is too tigh
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by ogbongzky(m): 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2008
if you try to download the media player 11 online, you will be faced with those shits because 80 percent of the OS we using aint really genuine and you can bet Microsoft got lots lots of ways to track that, best solution is to get it from computer village as that one has already been cracked and you will really enjoy it,

Oh boy to get a genuine OS is damn expensive ooo, settle for less and tweak your pc in a way it will work fine,

Notin will do you if you keep using version 9, but you can also try out some new media players out there online, lots of cool ones to enjoy,

USE GOOGLE,
Re: Help With Windows Media Player 11 by dollar2cen: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2008
i dont understnd

(1) (Reply)

Best Antivirus / Privoxy Software 4 Free Browsing / Alienware Gaming Monitor - PRICE REVIEW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.