Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,518 members, 7,892,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers (1816 Views)

Renew,replace Your Number Plate, Register Your New Vehicle Fast / Auto Giant MERCEDES Unveils New Vehicle Called "G-CODE"(PICTURES) / Old Plate Numbers To The New Plate Numbers How Much Will It Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by 2ndChance: 10:52am On Aug 26, 2013
With less than six weeks to the 1st October deadline for the acquisition of the new plate numbers by motorists, over 70% of vehicles still adorn the old plates. The exhorbitant cost of the new plates (25-40k), coupled with the seeminlgy lack of benefit to motorists has made it difficult for me to personally dole out such a huge amount of money for nothing (so to speak) and I wonder if other motorists feel the same way too.
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2013
In fact, i have to sell my Car soon, and this is one of the ultimatums...imagine, a car am struggling to sell for 350k -400k, then i spend another 40k for license plate?!!...might as well keep the car
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by 2ndChance: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is this how the generality of Nigerian motorists will keep quiet and allow shylocks in governmnet rip us off? I lack words to describe my frustation at the system right now.
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by manfred10(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Make we try do our own Nigeria spring,our leaders are too greedy,them go thief our national money come thief our personal money.Haba this is too much
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by alphaconde(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
The colours in the new plates are already fading off. I can't imagine a car that doesn't have a fault will now require 30 to 40k to be on the road again. I go pack the motor o. I can't shout.
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by 2ndChance: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Imagine coughing out 80k for two jalopies with house rent and school fees lurking around the corner. Person go quench ooo!
Re: The Burden Of The New Vehicle Plate Numbers by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Just got this via a google search

FIVE (5) QUICK STEPS TO ACQUIRING THE NEW NUMBER PLATE

FIVE (5) QUICK STEPS TO ACQUIRING THE NEW NUMBER PLATE
October 31, 2011 at 5:26pm

1] Applicant completes online registration (MVA01) form at www.nvisng.org, prints completed form and attach all relevant vehicle documents and proceeds to SBIR/MLA (State Board of Internal Revenue/Motor Licensing Authority) office.
2] Pays for vehicle number plate at SBIR/MLA and is assigned a number plate.
3] Applicant takes his/her vehicle to VIO for physical inspection and is issued a Road worthiness certificate, if VIO is satisfied with the condition of the vehicle.
4] Applicant then goes to Road safety for the verification of documents provided. The verified document are:

Driver’s License

Insurance Policy Number

Means of Identification

Proof of Address (e.g. Utility Bill)

5] Applicant goes back to SBIR/MLA, where his/her Proof of Ownership Certificate (POC) number will be printed. Then the Proof of Ownership Certificate, his/her Vehicle Number Plate and Vehicle Identification Tag (VIT), is released to him.

Ideally want it done legit as per cost cutting, but don't know how I'll handle the road worthiness biz in case some officers wanna cause trouble and any thing else that might come up.

Will update you guys sha.

(1) (Reply)

Neat Reg Nissan Serena 2000 Model, 450k. 08035157879 / 2 Units Of Very Clean 03 Toyota Rav4 (4wd) Toks For 1.670m See Pix..... / 2009 Acura TL Registered For Sale Super Cheap And Clean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.