Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,629 members, 7,882,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? (2289 Views)

Post Utme Form For B.ed Of Nwafor Orizu Collage Of Education Nsugbe In Affiliation With Unn Is Out(b / Is 'b' A Distinction ? / Lead City University Is B*llsh*t. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by zogo(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
No doubt, a B.Ed degree holder of any decipline has double degree honours, i.e. In his field of study and in Education, that is to say, he can function effectively in his field of study and in the field of education respectively; hence he becomes more competitive and sellable in the labour market than his B.SC degree counterpart who has just one qualification.

But the question i want to ask is, does Nigerian employers have this orientation about the professional ability of the B.ED holder? No! majority of them does not. Their ignorance is showcased as majority of job advertorials today on the media, you hardly see them requesting for B.ED holders, all they require is B.SC and HND holders. What then becomes the fate of B.ED holders? Then i ask, is B.ED degree fading out so fast?

Your input on this critical discussion will serve as a guide to the younger generation in their choice to obtain university degree.
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by nerodenero: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
I think there is a great difference between B.Ed and B.Sc(Ed). Since it is Educational based, employers of labour don't really care. If the Government doesn't care how long Universities are shutdown, so I don't think you should be surprised that employers of labour don't regard some degrees. The fact is it is educational based qualification, the reason they don't care. My opinion sha!
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by ceospecial(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
undecided in your certificate, what did they write there? Is it B. Ed or B. Sc(ed) because I'm reading a/an Educational course over here and on my eligibility form, it's B. Sc(ed) that's written there, please enlight me
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by zogo(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
nerodenero: I think there is a great difference between B.Ed and B.Sc(Ed). Since it is Educational based, employers of labour don't really care. If the Government doesn't care how long Universities are shutdown, so I don't think you should be surprised that employers of labour don't regard some degrees. The fact is it is educational based qualification, the reason they don't care. My opinion sha!

Ok you mean because its educational based, so the holder cannot function in the industry, banking or other areas?
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by zogo(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
pls lets have ur opinions on this issue
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by nerodenero: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
zogo:

Ok you mean because its educational based, so the holder cannot function in the industry, banking or other areas?
I have not said that. Why can't they function? They can't but I don't just know WHY they don't employ education graduates?
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Education graduates dont want to teach in primary and secondary schools. Truth be told many of them only went to do Education when they could not enter other courses so they are not that intelligent.
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by zogo(m): 8:07am On Sep 30, 2014
otokx: Education graduates dont want to teach in primary and secondary schools. Truth be told many of them only went to do Education when they could not enter other courses so they are not that intelligent.

Where are u thinking from? Are u in ur right senses?
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by ddoubledeal(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please, can someone with B.Ed Business Education work outside the education sector?
Re: Is B.Ed Degree Fading Out So Fast In Nigeria?? by zogo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
ddoubledeal:
Please, can someone with B.Ed Business Education work outside the education sector?

Its gono be a tough one, except u hv "connection". Thats the issue this posts tries to adress. The descripiancies btw B.Ed & BSc is worrisome

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Waec 2015 May/june Result For Free / The Journey Of 100000000000miles Begins With A Step!!!!! / I Can't Apologise For Having Attractive Body, Nolly Wood Actress Anita Voiced Ou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.