Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman (31866 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry Same Woman. / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Share 'wife' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Siga: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Two Kenyan men have signed an agreement to "marry" the same woman, reports say.

The woman had been having affairs with both men for more than four years and apparently refused to choose between them.

The agreement sets out a rota for Sylvester Mwendwa and Elijah Kimani to stay in her house and states they will both help raise any children she bears.

Lawyers said their "marriage" would be legally recognised if they could prove polyandry was part of their custom.
'Jealousy'

Mr Mwendwa and Mr Kimani drafted the agreement after realising they had both been having an affair with the woman in Mombasa County for more than four years, the local Daily Nation newspaper reports.

Community policing officer Adhalah Abdulrahman persuaded the two men to marry the woman after he saw them fighting over her, it reports.

"We have agreed that from today we will not threaten or have jealous feelings because of our wife, who says she's not ready to let go of any of us," the agreement says, Kenya's NTV station reports.

"Each one will respect the day set aside for him. We agree to love each other and live peacefully. No-one has forced us to make this agreement," it adds.

Mr Mwenda said her parents had given their blessing, while he is planning to pay the bride price.

The woman, a widow with two children, did not want to be named.

Kenyan family lawyer Judy Thongori told the Daily Nation that the law does not explicitly forbid polyandry - a woman having more than one husband.

"The laws we have do not talk about it but for such a union to be recognised in Kenya, it has to be either under the statutory law or as customary marriage. The question we should ask now is whether these people come from communities that have been practising polyandry," she is quoted as saying.

Polygamous marriages often take place in Kenya, but wife-sharing is unheard of, correspondents say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23840824?SThisFB

3 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Chanchit: 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
A widow with two children..!? This men a really crazy, later they would blame Nigerian men for their failure to attract a kenyan female.

4 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Xeedorf: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Madness!

2 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Goldenheart(m): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
Reminds me of Ben and john of savages!

4 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by baby124: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
I suspect the widow has money. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by judedwriter(m): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy dis is really a funny story! I wonder how d wedding night will look like. It will be like a por*n movie.

4 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
polyandry at its best.why would i share a woman,when there are thousand out there in Nairaland,with different monikers looking for a man to marry them.

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by uist: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nothing wey them nor dey hear from Kenya.... last time 7 girls act blue firm with dogsss, na another story na wao ooo
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by otijah(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chanchit: A widow with two children..!? This men a really crazy, later they would blame Nigerian men for their failure to attract a kenyan female.
what are u even talking sef. the woman is the one who is crazy, a married woman dating two men she is really crazy
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by musb92yahooco: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Who cares

4 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by alphaconde(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
The truth is that many people go through this confusion everyday, but two women agreeing to share a man is more likely.
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
k
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by phil007: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Arrant nonsense
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by georjay(m): 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
MADNESS
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by raytony: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
I no understand the way this planet dey go again o! Abeg who know short cut to Jupiter?

14 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Expensiveman: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Juju at work well happy married life but for i cant share girl talk of wife
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by hilary26(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is spiritual congji

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
No coment!
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by frainc(m): 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Befor allowing the marriage to hold
the Govt need to examine thoes guys brain
i mean like seriously

shey bi i no comment
abi i comment?
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
The thing get as he dey do dem.
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is it just me, but I see an uncommon level of maturity and understanding displayed by these men.

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
f rain c: Befor allowing the marriage to hold
the Govt need to examine thoes guys brain
i mean like seriously

shey bi i no comment
abi i comment?

grin grin grin
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by AyatAsua: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
.....and d woman gree?
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Richfella: Is it just me, but I see an uncommon level of maturity and understanding displayed by these men.

It is just you, because one of the men can easily kill the other in this kinda marriage, there is what we call pretense.

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Chanchit: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
otijah: what are u even talking sef. the woman is the one who is crazy, a married woman dating two men she is really crazy

The woman is not as crazy as the men cos the woman now has two husband, while the silly mundas have 1/2 wife, they would have to share the children cos there would be no clear father for the children unless they use DNA, which they have no right to use, cos na mutual f**cking them dey do.

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by AZeD1(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
There's love in sharing.

1 Like

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Wsdm: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes human being without spiritual guidance can be sometimes worst than a COW. One day it is going to be between siblings, father and daughter, mother and son etc. May be the products of these kind of marriages shall be called my son-husband-brother- aunt... Oh, it is so confusing!
Why is it that Africans are quick to follow the whites in absurdities but failed to copy them in great technological and scientific development?

7 Likes

Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by callola: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Those men are mad or the woman charmed them. Una wan tell me say single ladies don finish 4 their country?
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Vokito: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wonders will never end
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Abaniwealth(f): 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
End of Time....
Re: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
A good development, what is good for the geese is really good for the gander tongue,hopefully we ll be getting such news from Naija soon tongue

If a man can marry 3 wives,there is nothing wrong if women start marrying as many husbands as they want cool.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter / At What Age Can A Lady Get Married Precisely / Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.