Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,720 members, 7,911,999 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:11 PM

Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK (1052 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Is Persecuted Not “Prosecuted”.. / My Ministers And I Will Be Persecuted, Says Jonathan / Nigerian-born Gambian Judge Is Being Persecuted – Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Innocent Chukwuma is a Christian and a kidney transplant patient, who will be 40 years old in 2014. Find attached below a picture of me protesting in front of the Nigeria High Commission London on 23 August 2013.

And he has been inhumanly treated since 2007; please note that the UK govt has refused to tell him the reason behind his torture; despite his asking repeatedly. Also, note that he is in the UK legally. The list of atrocious violations of his civil and human rights includes:

1. intimate Torture - The Home Secretary has ensured that he does not have any intimate relationship with a female since 2007

2. Psychological and Mental Torture - The Home Secretary has refused to inform Innocent Chukwuma of the reason behind his torture and abuse since 2007; and this has led to his constant worry about why he should be made to suffer for NOT having committed any crime.

3. The Home Secretary has stopped him from marrying (and/or having a partner) and founding a family; thereby denying him his right under Article 12 of the European Convention on Human Rights;

4. The above means that he has been stopped from having a child/children; imagine what it would feel like to be denied the joy of having your own child;

5. He has been kept under 24/7 surveillance (at home, work, driving, everywhere) since 2007; and they defame his person by the use of gossips, innuendos, outright falsehood and unfounded allegation;

6. And this has led to his been ostracised and disliked in his community;

7. Innocent Chukwuma made a Distinction in his Masters Degree, yet the Home Secretary has blocked him from seeking and obtaining employment, by the use of harassment, intimidation etc of prospective employers;

8. He has also been hindered from running his UK company, by the use of intimidation of his prospective customers, discriminatory higher prices targeted at him and outright dishonesty of employees of the Home Secretary;

9. Interruption, interception and disturbance of his communications (posts, emails, telephone conversations, social networking and other online activities), even time-sensitive court papers are deliberately delayed;

10. He is been intimidated, harassed etc even within court premises; also judicial officers are been harassed and intimidated in cases involving him;

11. And many more...

All these are been carried out against a Christian, who has neither committed a crime nor told what he has done to deserve these inhuman treatments. And is an assault on his freedom and fundamental human rights.

Remember, these inhuman treatments has been on-going since 2007; AND TODAY IT IS INNOCENT CHUKWUMA; TOMORROW, IT MIGHT BE YOU, YOUR CHILD, FRIEND, OTHER LOVED ONES etc.

Please join in this fight against government oppression; because INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS INJUSTICE EVERYWHERE. An online petition against the UK Home Secretary [Minister for Internal Affairs], can be found at: http://chn.ge/16guYmT

Read and sign. Thank you

Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by raqueal(f): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Are you trying to garner sympathy because you are a christian and a kidney transplant patient? No one will witch hunt you without any reason.
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
raqueal: Are you trying to garner sympathy because you are a christian and a kidney transplant patient? No one will witch hunt you without any reason.

I just stated the truth....and more importantly, the torture and persecution is inimical to my fundamental human rights...and it is not bad to be proud of one's religion. Thanks anyway
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ztutulai(f): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
since 2007 and no reasons given yet?.I find that hard to believe.
You might be on some sort of watch list.
You need to get a lawyer friend to write to the home office on your behalf so they can explain exactly what the problem is as it might just be a case of mistaken identity..
You also have the option of returning to Nigeria and continue life as you are not progressing due to all the limitations allegedly placed on you here
I will be praying for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
ztutulai: since 2007 and no reasons given yet?.I find that hard to believe.
You might be on some sort of watch list.
You need to get a lawyer friend to write to the home office on your behalf so they can explain exactly what the problem is as it might just be a case of mistaken identity..
You also have the option of returning to Nigeria and continue life as you are not progressing due to all the limitations allegedly placed on you here
I will be praying for you.

I wish it was that straightforward...I would like to know the reason for the problem since 2007. I have already written to the Home Office in 2009; and the Home Secretary responding stating that I was not under any order but that it is possible that covert activities are been carried out against me...I kept quite hoping that the investigation if any would finish and I would carry on with my life...and that is till today...

For me, I am not leaving this country until I get to the bottom of the problem; my leaving would equate to walking into a blind alley, as I do not know what would happen next...if they can disobey the law in the UK, what would happen to me in Nigeria?
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ztutulai:

As you can see from the picture, access to solicitors have been blocked against me...
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by yoddy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dude, was your transplant carried out in the UK? Are you dependent on their health insurance scheme? I kinda feel thats why you have not left the place. Take it easy and go and join a monastery... If u no be spy or know wetin pass u, why dem go follow u come naija? I'm guessing your health status qualifies you to stay in the UK and they feel you are an unnecessary burden to dem... God dey... There's no place like home....
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Tegese: 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
What do you mean, "find a picture of me..."?
That picture is faceless, man
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes, my transplant was carried out in the UK and I use the Healthcare System.

The issue of been a burden is not the reason for all these torture...I am legally in the UK, meanwhile loads of illegal migrants are accessing the same healthcare system.

The main reason I have not left is because I am scared of what will happen if I leave without sorting out the problem first. There are anecdotal evidences of what could happen once I leave the UK, without sorting the problem first e.g. getting kidnapped etc.

And most important, all these actions been carried out against me violates the laws of the country and my human rights...
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tegese: What do you mean, "find a picture of me..."?
That picture is faceless, man

Please look properly, my face appears in the picture...you can also see another picture at: http://chn.ge/16guYmT
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Well, from the story on this post, there appear to be certain issues that need clarification; and the poster has stated that he cannot clarify the issues. And to me he comes across as been honest; why would a person come on the internet to expose his situation, if he is guilty.

Please let us support this Nigerian saying public that he is innocent and challenging the UK authorities to prove his guilt...besides this has been on-going since 2007. At the end, if he is innocent, we will all be proud of a Nigerian whose suffering would help in the redemption of the Nigerian image in the UK. We have nothing to lose. Cheers
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by jamesibor: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:
Well, from the story on this post, there appear to be certain issues that need clarification; and the poster has stated that he cannot clarify the issues. And to me he comes across as been honest; why would a person come on the internet to expose his situation, if he is guilty.

Please let us support this Nigerian saying public that he is innocent and challenging the UK authorities to prove his guilt...besides this has been on-going since 2007. At the end, if he is innocent, we will all be proud of a Nigerian whose suffering would help in the redemption of the Nigerian image in the UK. We have nothing to lose. Cheers
Bros, you nor know when you comment with the same ID? You nor try at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: Bros, you nor know when you comment with the same ID? You nor try at all.

I knowingly made the comment...if I wanted to hide my identity while making a comment, I would simply create another profile...I did it to help commentators see where I am going with the post...not because I wanted to comment while hiding
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks for the advice...the issue that I would rather we focus on is the fact that an innocent person is been persecuted by the UK govt...help by signing the petition at the end of the post so that the necessary persons in authority would investigate my torture since 2007 and proffer solution. Cheers dear

ALL WE GET TO HEAR IS THAT A NIGERIAN GOT CAUGHT IN ONE CRIME OR THE OTHER...LET THIS BE THE ONE WHEN A NIGERIAN IS DECLARED INNOCENT BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT...PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHY I DECIDED TO GO PUBLIC WITH THIS...HELP US IN GRADUALLY REDEEMING OUR IMAGE ABROAD. THANKS ALL
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: Bros, you nor know when you comment with the same ID? You nor try at all.

cheesy
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Phema:

cheesy

i greet u o
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by justwise(m): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2013
@ibezomam@yahoo

I'm struggling to believe a single thing you wrote there.

How did the HomeOffice stopped you from having intimate relationship with a female since 2007 and every other things you listed?

Are you under house arrest? Are British or resident permit holder?
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 27, 2013
Apologies but I simply do not understand what is going on here.

What is the issue?
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Lucasbalo(m): 5:36am On Aug 27, 2013
I don't think this guy is telling the whole truth. He seems like paranoia to me. Sorry to say, he might need some psychiatric assistance. Of all hundreds of thousands of Nigerians residing in England, why would he be the only one being hunted. This is very puzzling.
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:40am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise: @ibezomam@yahoo

I'm struggling to believe a single thing you wrote there.

How did the HomeOffice stopped you from having intimate relationship with a female since 2007 and every other things you listed?

Are you under house arrest? Are British or resident permit holder?

To achieve all that I listed is quite easy; from my experience, all it requires is to have enough people.

it takes:
1. Surveillance 24/7
2. Defamation (spoiling person name)

The rest is easy...will you be willing to communicate with someone you know that the police are following?
Most people would stay as far away as possible...by not having the opportunity to build a relationship, it is quite difficult to be intimate with a woman...except if she is into runs...me I m not into that sort of thing
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by justwise(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:

To achieve all that I listed is quite easy; from my experience, all it requires is to have enough people.

it takes:
1. Surveillance 24/7
2. Defamation (spoiling person name)

The rest is easy...will you be willing to communicate with someone you know that the police are following?
Most people would stay as far away as possible...by not having the opportunity to build a relationship, it is quite difficult to be intimate with a woman...except if she is into runs...me I m not into that sort of thing

Why are you under surveillance 24/7?
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2013
ALL WE GET TO HEAR IS THAT A NIGERIAN GOT CAUGHT IN ONE CRIME OR THE OTHER...LET THIS BE THE ONE WHEN A NIGERIAN IS DECLARED INNOCENT BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT...PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHY I DECIDED TO GO PUBLIC WITH THIS...HELP US IN GRADUALLY REDEEMING OUR IMAGE ABROAD. THANKS ALL
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 8:04am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

Why are you under surveillance 24/7?

As I stated in my post, I do not know; if I knew I probably would not be on this post...Cheers
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by justwise(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:

As I stated in my post, I do not know; if I knew I probably would not be on this post...Cheers

Don't take this in a bad way but you need to seek help....Speak to your GP and get some much needed mental health help.
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

Don't take this in a bad way but you need to seek help....Speak to your GP and get some much needed mental health help.

Why do you think so?

Anyway, please refer to the link below for the experience of a British-Canadian:
http://zerzetzen.wikispaces.com/

It is not always about mental health issues...this case is a genuine case of state persecution. The fact that it has not happened to you doesn't mean it is impossible. Also, a large proportion of Blacks abroad are into healthcare jobs, hence they see most issues that is perplexing to them as been mental in nature. I understand your perspective. Cheers
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Lol. This thread is just so funny. cheesy Of all your concerns in this your weird predicament, it's the right to be intimate that is your number one. shocked Now, i really don't blame the UK government for putting you in "bondage". sad
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 10:03am On Aug 27, 2013
Phema: Lol. This thread is just so funny. cheesy Of all your concerns in this your weird predicament, it's the right to be intimate that is your number one. shocked Now, i really don't blame the UK government for putting you in "bondage". sad

Dear Phema,

The issue of intimacy is important because it directly relates to having a child/children...and not because of where your mind headed to...Abeg, pls do sign my petition at: http://chn.ge/16guYmT
Cheers
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by raqueal(f): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:

I just stated the truth....and more importantly, the torture and persecution is inimical to my fundamental human rights...and it is not bad to be proud of one's religion. Thanks anyway

I am a christian and a proud one at that but i don't introduce my religion unless it is a subject matter. You would not get support on and off line unless you show some cause why all these things are happening to you. How has the Home office prevented you from being intimate with women? What kind of torture/abuse are we talking about? What gossip has been peddled against you? If you cant provide answers, you are either withholding the truth or there is a delusional thing going on here.
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
@OP you need to present your case well. well i'm ready to help you present your case to gain acceptance. send me email message and lets discuss. till then, CHEERS
Re: Why Me... Oh God... Why Me - A Nigerian Persecuted In The UK by ibezomamyahoo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
barcanista: @OP you need to present your case well. well i'm ready to help you present your case to gain acceptance. send me email message and lets discuss. till then, CHEERS

@barcanista

Thanks for your well-intended suggestion and pls do sign my petition. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House / Corruption And Ibori Saga As Told By Shegun Adeniyi / Don't Dump Oronsaye Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.