Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,849 members, 7,942,129 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE (754 Views)

Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE by GLOBALINF: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
as i write this, im in Europe for my masters degree, things are so easy here not like NIGERIA, just to apply for masters degree u hv to get your grandfathers birth certificate, the education system in my country is a TOTAL waste of time, i studied computer science sorry i mean computer history(because all i learnt as a computer scientist back in NAIJA is total rubbish compare to what is obtained here) see what 100level computer science students are doing with computer here in EUROPE u will be amazed. infact i was supposed to go for masters in computer science but just because of the fact that i cannot just cope with the level of their advancement in computer knowledge i just decided to switch to MBA(masters in buz adim) yet i graduated with 2.1 which i was proud of then. things are totally different and that is why i really don't blame those who will never want to go back home because even the poor of the poor here will still be able to feed themselves and their family without any complain. back in NAIJA, after graduation i wasn't able to get a job, so i decided to create one! omo see trouble, i opened a small office at Ikeja, THAT SAME WEEK LAGOS STATE TAX WAHALA STARTED, different bill e.g( radio permit bill, tv permit bill, advert permit bill all sort of bills were brought, as if that is not all, local govt people came with their own and even closed my shop for some unnecessary environmental issues, and we still hv electrical issues, all to mention just a few. HONESTLY it was so discouraging. i just though to myself i have to seek greener pasture that is when i though of going for my masters in EUROPE. Here now we are on holiday and getting a summer job is sooooo easy, u don't hv to get a letter from any minister or godfather to get things done, no nepotism here, if u are qualified u get the job period, i'm just amazed the way white men do their things, you are treated with much respect and dignity, i got a casual job and i can boldly tell u my salary as a mere casual worker is almost equivalent to an average bankers salary back in NAIJA, the good thing is that u can save up to 90% of your salary if u are wise... you ask why? ok just follow me, 1. i was provided free accommodation been a staff( well furnished apartment wt AC, swimming pool, gym, and all necessary relaxation, both electricity and water bill is taken care of by the company) 2. free transportation (staff bus available) 3. free feeding 3 times a day( nice well balanced meal)$. flexible working hours all to mention a few. and i didn't even apply with my degree. with all these why will you even think of coming home? to do what? and after my masters degree studies, i'm sure of getting a job that will fetch me close to half a million naira as a start up salary, with all this will you want to think of coming back home? here u don't hv to be scared of armed robbers life is just easy and calm, sometimes i wonder if we are in this same world and i can't help but to raise course on those rulers who messed our beloved country up. seeing they say is believing, i came i saw and i can vividly spot the difference. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............. One thing is still sure, I AM GOING BACK TO MY BELOVED COUNTRY though not now, i don't know when. maybe after 5 or 10 years. but i will SURELY GO HOME. my country still need me, we need to still go back and reshape things, we cannot all run from reality, we still have to show our people how things ought to be done. ajo ko le dabi ile. even here sometimes i still wish im in NAIJA i still miss the huzzling and buzzling of naija, so a piece of ADVICE for us in diaspora NIGERIA BELONG TO ALL OF US WE NEED TO HAVE IT IN MIND THAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE BACK HOME IN NIGERIA. LET US ALL HAVE IT IN MIND THAT OUR COUNTRY STILL NEED OUR SERVICE. NO MATTER HOW BAD WE CAN STILL PROFFER SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM BACK HOME SO THINK OF THE DAY U DIE, IS IT YOUR CORPSE THAT WILL BRING CHANGE TO YOUR COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE by Naijalastborn(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wakapass. I will need summary oo...
Re: The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE by worry359(m): 6:11am On Aug 27, 2013
No one can read that.
You need spacing and punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 Like

Re: The Big Difference Studying In NAIJA And In EUROPE by bigfat12(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2013
what school are you currently studying and what country should that be ?

(1) (Reply)

US Asks Citizens To Avoid 14 Nigerian States. / Filing For PR For Spouse To Travel To Canada / Which Is Better: Air France or United Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.