Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,523 members, 7,948,023 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) (3013 Views)

Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? / How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by teemy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It seems the site is now online.

But I have a question.
Who is: http://axissecurity.com.ng
And: http://axissecurity.com

Is it safe to use the name of a US registered security company and also use their exact url, save for the .ng difference?

Again, are you sure this client of yours is registered with appropriate regulatory bodies and recognized by security agencies since the company sells handcuffs and other security gadgets?

It shouldn't be a problem provided there are no international TradeMark issues involved and if there was, a 'cease and desist' ought to be served the site owner of axissecurity.com.ng or complaint made to the domain registrar and the plug might be pulled. However, I noticed axissecurity.com.ng/about-us does not have Axis Security as a registered name on it.

1. In planning for axissecurity.com.ng, the site owner leveraged on the name of an existing multinational in trying to boost up traffic (not a crime in cyberspace, someone might pick up a .com and another the .info)

2. Inoriginal site content - Plaglarising other existing sites on same product types. Check

http://axissecurity.com.ng/security-safety-gadgets/stun-guns = http://protectmefirst.com/categories/Stun-Guns

Stun Guns – Stun Batons – Stun Alarm Flashlights – Cell Phone Stun Guns
Stun guns have become an increasingly popular product for personal protection. A stun gun when used to immobilize an attacker is highly effective without causing any permanent damage. Many consumers are replacing their hand guns with stun guns because of there non-lethal immobilization capabilities. Stun guns use high voltage and low amperage to temporarily disable an attacker for several minutes. The stun gun does not rely on pain for results. The energy stored in the gun is dumped into the attacker’s muscles causing them to do a great deal of work rapidly. This rapid work cycle instantly depletes the attacker’s blood sugar by converting it to lactic acid. In short, he is unable to produce energy for his muscles, and his body is unable to function properly. The stun gun also interrupts the tiny neurological impulses that control and direct voluntary muscle movement. When the attacker’s neuromuscular system is overwhelmed and controlled by the stun gun he loses his balance. Should the attacker be touching you, the current will NOT pass to your body! Stun guns are high effective self defense products. People use stun guns for protection against an aggressive attacker, to help prevent domestic violence, to give confidence when walking alone at night, and to help keep you safe on the streets.

is the same as

Stun Guns - Stun Batons - Stun Alarm Flashlights - Cell Phone Stun Guns

Stun guns have become an increasingly popular product for personal protection. A stun gun when used to immobilize an attacker is highly effective without causing any permanent damage. Many consumers are replacing their hand guns with stun guns because of there non-lethal immobilization capabilities.

Stun guns use high voltage and low amperage to temporarily disable an attacker for several minutes. The stun gun does not rely on pain for results. The energy stored in the gun is dumped into the attacker’s muscles causing them to do a great deal of work rapidly. This rapid work cycle instantly depletes the attacker’s blood sugar by converting it to lactic acid. In short, he is unable to produce energy for his muscles, and his body is unable to function properly. The stun gun also interrupts the tiny neurological impulses that control and direct voluntary muscle movement. When the attacker’s neuromuscular system is overwhelmed and controlled by the stun gun he loses his balance. Should the attacker be touching you, the current will NOT pass to your body!

Even the 'NOT' is the same

similarly on

http://jr-international.fr/weapon-electric-defensive-weapon-500_ZE5_itm_english.html
http://products.bizxchange.in/u3/C10549L2KAT_M/Police-@-Military-Supplies.html

A lot of suppliers are also using same text.

So @velo10, make appropriate changes there, register company name proper and list your prices. Your client would appreciate the observations if you let him/her know on time.

Wishing you well

P.S Your sites http://www.claysconcept.com/galleryweb.html look great
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
You guys are not serious. Go and register google.net or google.info and facebook.ng
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by velo10: 5:39am On Aug 29, 2013
@Graphicsplus, my man. Thanks for coming in and reminding us ethics which we forgot. Everything will be noted down.
The company is a registered company. They deal with law enforcement bodies too within the country. This is something I am 100% sure about and not all products on the site are available for personal purchase.
@Teemy, thanks for noting the flaws. The client is planning to work in the nearest future with a content writer for each of his products so there is no issue of plagiarism. That will be corrected. Still building my web portfolio, appreciate the thumbs up.
@Spygadgets, appreciate your clearing the air on this.
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by teemy(m): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2013
GraphicsPlus: You guys are not serious. Go and register google.net or google.info and facebook.ng
still trademarks, that is why adultfriendfinder and facebook fought over facebookofsex.com and facebook won. they own face and book.
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:53am On Aug 29, 2013
teemy: still trademarks, that is why adultfriendfinder and facebook fought over facebookofsex.com and facebook won. they own face and book.

And who says someone cannot own axis and security?
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by teemy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

And who says someone cannot own axis and security?
then they should pick straws. lol. BTW the axissecurity.com guy's cv is well cooked and would be expensive. not sure if he would be the one i hire for my site
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by velo10: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
teemy: then they should pick straws. lol. BTW the axissecurity.com guy's cv is well cooked and would be expensive. not sure if he would be the one i hire for my site

Proudly at your service boss....
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by teemy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
velo10:

Proudly at your service boss....
noted. maybe someday. cheers
Re: Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) by kingthreat(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
Alas, all is well that ends well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Custom Website Or Blog / Finally There's A Plugin You Can Use To Send Bulk Sms From Your Wordpress Site / Web Development Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.