Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,745 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:37 AM

What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. (500 Views)

Zidane Replace Spaniard Benitez / Benitez Wants Torres At Napoli, ...between The Spaniard And Cavani. / Juan Mata Vs David Silva. who is a better player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. by Sportunes: 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
One thing is clear about Jose Mourinho. He is a meticulous manager with an eye for details. Even the smallest. While he was scribbling away on his notepad in the dugout at the Bernabeu, he was probably drawing up how he wanted his new look Chelsea side to look and clearly, Juan Mata was not one of the players he had in mind. A baffling question that only Jose can answer is; Why bench Chelsea's best player and even want to sell him? Mourinho never ceases to amaze me!!!

Juan Mata has been something of statistical anomaly for the Blues. Since his £23.5 million pound move from Valencia in August 2011, Mata has done nothing but to score or create for Chelsea. He has scored a total of 32 goals and assisting 59. He not only helps with numbers but is deadly at set- pieces so much so that corners from Mata has a very good chance of being converted. He is the ideal playmaker and can operate as a winger or even a false nine if required. He was nominated for the PFA player of the year for 2012\2013 and awarded Chelsea's player of the year award after a fantastic season. He was clearly Chelsea's best player and has been for quite some time. So what has changed? Mourinho.

The Portuguese either likes you or doesn't as a player. He is wrong in this case. Mata makes Chelsea much better and if they sell him or frustrate him on the bench, it will be rather unfortunate. Jose should for once be open minded and give honor to whom honor is due. Mata has proven himself on a weekly basis and many clubs will die for his signature. Chelsea's pursuit of Willian seems to have sealed Mata'a fate and the Jose I know will kill Mata softly on the bench( Remember Kaka?) The bench is no place for Mata and is far better than those that Mourinho is starting. What's Frank Lampard doing in the XI? Same old biased Mourinho.

To be realistic, a move away from Stamford Bridge seems ideal especially with the World Cup around the corner and a place in the 23 man Spanish squad definitely not guaranteed. Manchester United are a decent club and Mata is exactly the kind of player United need to boss their suffering midfield. Ater all one man's poison is another man's food. A delicious one at that.

For more controversial articles visit Sportunes @ http://sportunes91..com/ or follow @Sportunes90
Re: What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. by iamskiigii(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
Brilliant write up. I don't think "the happy one" need a mole in his team. I think Mou his only reflecting the feelings Mata has about him... If you ask me, no Love like them Catalans
Re: What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. by iamskiigii(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
Brilliant write up. I don't think "the happy one" need a mole in his team. I think Mou is only reflecting the feelings Mata has about him... If you ask me, no Love like them Catalans
Re: What's The Mata? Mourinho 's Loss If He Sells The Spaniard. by solomon111(m): 12:24am On Aug 28, 2013
Mou already said on four different occasions that mata is not for sale.
What else do you guys want?
The reason why mata did not play was because of a MUSCLE injury.
And btw,mata will not solve the problem of manchester united.
What united need is a deep-playing midfielder like thiago alcantara or fabregas.
Kagawa is already playing the role of mata and he has been decent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man United A Special Club By The Special One / Brazil 2014- We Have No Reason Not To Qualify - Jayjay Okocha / Uefa Champion League Starts Tonight: how far Your Favourite Club can go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.