Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,991 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:30 AM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (424298 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Junki04(m): 12:54am On Oct 05, 2013
gtechno: pls someone should help me I tried to change the lcd density of my p2 and after I restarted my phone it refused to on just stock on boot animation
i rooted the phone with farmaroot
Please
Please
Please i but this phone 4 days ago
bricked..lol
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theyungmayor(m): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: Thanks but I want ask, how about data speed that is ridiculously good compare to p5 according Cowboy43?
oga thl w100 is around 27,000 so dnt lie 4 ur here, i am refering 2 dat guy dat said thl w100 is below 16k
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 2:32am On Oct 05, 2013
@directonpc, Godvilla, Emikem etc, can you ppl try flash Tp5 Rom in this phone since it has almost the same specifications. The last time I check p5, they wrote 3g on one sim which means is software that made it 3g on both sim.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 2:44am On Oct 05, 2013
Mafia4life: Phone doesn't affect data speed. They are all the same. Since we are in Nigeria with poor network, a phone having its downlink as 22.6Mb/sec will download at the same speed with another phone having 14.4Mb/sec downlink. The reason is due to our ISP. Cowboy made mistake saying that. He must have forgotten that network may favour you today and screw you up the next day
That is ridiculous from you, I will advice you to do more research, you can't compare the efficiency of class 8, 10 to class 12 chip. These chips use different numbers of slot to manipulate different connection to data Networks and the higher the slot the more efficient for instance when class with 2 slot are struggling, the one with 4 slot will use the other two to establish link else where ( eg. Having 4 lines from PHCN pole, you can easily change line if the power is low in one line but person with 2 line will be stock with low current) this is different from total speed but it is the ability to manipulate available speed. You can do better than this please!

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by iheanyi40(m): 5:19am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: @directonpc, Godvilla, Emikem etc, can you ppl try flash Tp5 Rom in this phone since it has almost the same specifications. The last time I check p5, they wrote 3g on one sim which means is software that made it 3g on both sim.
lol 4ni

y not goan get d p5 instead since u so much luv 3g on both sims
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 5:19am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: @directonpc, Godvilla, Emikem etc, can you ppl try flash Tp5 Rom in this phone since it has almost the same specifications. The last time I check p5, they wrote 3g on one sim which means is software that made it 3g on both sim.
but phones differ alot. But working real hard to bring a custom rom to you guys, i dont use p2 thats why my efforts are slow
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 5:22am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: That is ridiculous from you, I will advice you to do more research, you can't compare the efficiency of class 8, 10 to class 12 chip. These chips use different numbers of slot to manipulate different connection to data Networks and the higher the slot the more efficient for instance when class with 2 slot are struggling, the one with 4 slot will use the other two to establish link else where ( eg. Having 4 lines from PHCN pole, you can easily change line if the power is low in one line but person with 2 line will be stock with low current) this is different from total speed but it is the ability to manipulate available speed. You can do better than this please!
leave them. Tecno fanboys knowledge base the amaze me sha. Dual band phone Vs Quad ban. And also who tell una say nokia E71 no fast pass E63 in thesame network.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by solomonbrown64: 5:29am On Oct 05, 2013
directonpc:
but phones differ alot. But working real hard to bring a custom rom to you guys, i dont use p2 thats why my efforts are slow

dats gonna b wonderful bro...... waiting ........
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Alinobrown1(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: That is ridiculous from you, I will advice you to do more research, you can't compare the efficiency of class 8, 10 to class 12 chip. These chips use different numbers of slot to manipulate different connection to data Networks and the higher the slot the more efficient for instance when class with 2 slot are struggling, the one with 4 slot will use the other two to establish link else where ( eg. Having 4 lines from PHCN pole, you can easily change line if the power is low in one line but person with 2 line will be stock with low current) this is different from total speed but it is the ability to manipulate available speed. You can do better than this please!
a gud point there bro
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2013
Youngtekkey: cry cry cry How old are you? cry How old are you?
age is just a number. You need to see what kids of 12years have achieved on xda and playstore, even python programming...buy you mister matured just the find lies to use kill brand thats not tecno. I pray you concentrate on your okada work and get a life out of it

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by laydoh(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2013
Guys, pls help ooooo.i av downloaded and install the wild blood from android.mob
org but it is asking me to delete 0MB of image and video.
Pls what will I do
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by laydoh(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2013
OCTAVO:
I swear I didn't do anything special. Someone shared the link with me, I opened and downloaded. Though I remember getting a text from glo that I can check my data bonus by dialing #122#. I did that and I didn't see anything in the bonus. But I've been browsing free brothers. Just use your discretion.
That's all I can say o. cheesy
bro, pls lead me.how can I get it.show me the way.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by MonsieurJude: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2013
[b][/b]..plz bros Godvilla nd directonpc....i nid ril advice ere...tinkin ov gettin gp2 ds mnth,nd etz being knflicted wit tp5...tinz i luk owt 4 in a phone are gaming,CAMERA*love takin pics*..,dsplay...i heard pple sae dat d interface on d gp2 z chinkoish...xo i nid candid advice...rememba,,etz CAMERA & GAMING..xo wich z beta on d overal?d gp2 or tp5...lukin 4ward 2 ur unbiasd replies...tnx a bunch.....

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Gepheral: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2013
Gepheral: ,,,,,,,,@GodVilla,,,,,,,,
Pls i need ur honest review before i make my own purchase o...
Yeah...
Heard of fakes n original of this same device....
Don't really know how true that is so the need of me confirming before buying became expedient...
Been following this thread seriously and i know all the happenings here...
Yeah, there was a User... 'Tonardo' who got this same Gionee p2... Buh he complained bitterly abt the phone and eventually put it up for sale.... Fortunately, you bought the phone from him and optimised it...
We were made to understand that he left some junks on the device which cummulated with other problem to give him that 'sour feel' he had with the phone....
My question now is...
After optimising the phone, did you notice anything unusual abt the phone?
Is it the same with other p2's you've handled??
Is the battery life same with the other p2's you've handled
Pls bro.... Am trusting your honest response on this as am about buying from the same person Tonardo got his from. Thanks alot in anticipation
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2013
theyungmayor: oga thl w100 is around 27,000 so dnt lie 4 ur here, i am refering 2 dat guy dat said thl w100 is below 16k
Pls bro.. D you know where i can get the thl? Pls
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by dragnet: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2013
[size=14pt]please keep discussions here as close to Gionee P2 as possible without insults or verbal attacks, I've tried as much as possible to be lenient and any such posts would result in a month ban of the user & if he/she comes back with multiple ids, appropriate action would be taken.
please report any inciting & abusive posts[/size]

it's so disgusting to see people use vulgar languages just because they wana feel fly, just because of a phone?! they start using the f-word etc 'cus u wana diss like a gangster (which you no even be)? what honor or respect would you derive from such...
you can compare phones but please do it constructively.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by dguyindcorner(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2013
any gionee p2 on whatsapp? make una add me pls

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by bigiyaro(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2013
just discovered another annoying thing about the p2,apart from lagging, you can't use pictures in your contacts for caller id. prove me wrong.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2013
iheanyi40: lol 4ni

y not goan get d p5 instead since u so much luv 3g on both sims
If not that I have not seen your post much I would have remained silence. I will not give you my personal reasons because T-boys will be all over the thread and enough is enough..
I will only show you some obvious reasons that even tech illiterate will be able to distinguish. Check out page 23 of P5 thread and you will understand that p5 only boast of 3g both sim and stock OS besides custom Roms is what makes android special, you will be waiting for Ts5 with 4.4 kitkat next year while I will be flashing my Gp2 with it because it has quality hardware to compete with next year line up!
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by marcjoe(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: If not that I have not seen your post much I would have remained silence. I will not give you my personal reasons because T-boys will be all over the thread and enough is enough..
I will only show you some obvious reasons that even tech illiterate will be able to distinguish. Check out page 23 of P5 thread and you will understand that p5 only boast of 3g both sim and stock OS besides custom Roms is what makes android special, you will be waiting for Ts5 with 4.4 kitkat next year while I will be flashing my Gp2 with it because it has quality hardware to compete with next year line up!

Bro don't b decieved both TP5 AND GP2 have d same hardware....they both use dat cheap mediatek 1.3ghz processor so any game and app tp5 plays gp2 play d same game too....

Enough of all dis comparision tp5 and gp2 are on d same level ....na only software i.e rom difference...
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by iheanyi40(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2013
evergreen247: If not that I have not seen your post much I would have remained silence. I will not give you my personal reasons because T-boys will be all over the thread and enough is enough..
dude calm down, yea gionee is gud having provided OTA updates while tecno dont but by d way m a tecno fan a reasonable one 4 DAT matter DAT don't go around doin silly comparison but anytym I still stick 2 my tecno.

in oda news yu guys rock ;-D
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Alinobrown1(m): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Alinobrown1: rooting with framaröot would b ok. Bt wil nid u to c me tru with titanium backup or titanium backup pro. Later next week sunday das 13th or monday 14th. Here is my email. Belloalibrown@gmail.com
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2013
marcjoe:

Bro don't b decieved both TP5 AND GP2 have d same hardware....they both use dat cheap mediatek 1.3ghz processor so any game and app tp5 plays gp2 play d same game too....

Enough of all dis comparision tp5 and gp2 are on d same level ....na only software i.e rom difference...
Oga, I will respond to you because I respect you a lot. Apart from having the same MT 6572 there are notable different in quality,; display, bluethoot 4.0, compass etc and most especially having GSM qaud band and 3g frequency of 900/2100 MHz, I personally need these frequency because I want use it outside Nigeria. That doesn't mean p5 is not good, the phone is fantastic all round but it boiled down to individual needs! Hope I made myself clear @ marcjoe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone? / Nokia Care @ Nigeria:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.