Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,704 members, 7,879,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com (5811 Views)

HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by cocoduck: 12:33am On Aug 28, 2013
Please how safe is aliexpress.com. I want to buy a reballing kit for my ps3
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by akuji: 12:53am On Aug 28, 2013
Always make sure u use a payment method where ur money is held by the 3rd party and you can actually see your goods before ur money is released. Western union doesn't work that way...let me guess, the seller wants you to put the money into western union and get a ref nos which you will give to them before they can release the goods.?! Hmmm.

Although not all use of this method is a scam, what guarantees do you have that your goods will be released and if they aren't, what recourse do you have? Western union does not accept liability for scams you know.
My advice is use PayPal or some other reputable company that would hold the money before the goods arrive. Don't use western union for such a transaction.
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by cocoduck: 1:10am On Aug 28, 2013
akuji: Always make sure u use a payment method where ur money is held by the 3rd party and you can actually see your goods before ur money is released. Western union doesn't work that way...let me guess, the seller wants you to put the money into western union and get a ref nos which you will give to them before they can release the goods.?! Hmmm.

Although not all use of this method is a scam, what guarantees do you have that your goods will be released and if they aren't, what recourse do you have? Western union does not accept liability for scams you know.
My advice is use PayPal or some other reputable company that would hold the money before the goods arrive. Don't use western union for such a transaction.

paypal in nigeria? you know it is not possible
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by ebenezary(m): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2013
for shopping online, the most important thing you must look at is the address bar . personally if the HTTPS is not there when l want to make payment for anything l wont buy no matter what so always look for HTTPS in the address bar
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by akuji: 4:29am On Aug 28, 2013
Maybe not PayPal specifically...a payment escrow service should be provided by the site conducting the transaction. Goodluck!
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by infobiz9ja(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2013
Who says PayPal isn't available in Nigeria? It is if u r interested simply Google a pay 4 me service & get people to help you pay using their own PayPal account or use your ATM card & shop online.
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by Tonjeola1(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2013
cocoduck: Please how safe is aliexpress.com. I want to buy a reballing kit for my ps3
is safe if only u ref the payee to aliexpress, click on how to make payment on aliexpress to learn how to pay using western union
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by cocoduck: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2013
Tonjeola1:
is safe if only u ref the payee to aliexpress, click on how to make payment on aliexpress to learn how to pay using western union
Thanks
Re: How Safe Is Western Union On Aliexpress.com by cocoduck: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2013
infobiz9ja: Who says PayPal isn't available in Nigeria? It is if u r interested simply Google a pay 4 me service & get people to help you pay using their own PayPal account or use your ATM card & shop online.
SCAM ALERT

(1) (Reply)

Agency Banking (POS), The New Wave In Town / Non-oil Exports Increase By 16% / Thread For Dollar To Naira Daily For Those That Are Traveling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.