Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,977 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister (9986 Views)

Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions / FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh / FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by fellowbeing(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2013
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, said on Tuesday that the Federal Government would soon place a total ban on the importation of fish and other aquatic consumables.

Adesina said this in Ado-Ekiti during the inauguration of the Special Growth Enhancement Support scheme for fisheries and the aquaculture value chain, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

He, however, said that the ban would be imposed only if arrangements being put in place by the government to that effect worked as planned.

The minister, represented by the Federal Director of Fisheries, Mrs. Foluke Areola, said the country had no business importing fish, given its huge natural and renewable resources.

He said it was in view of this that the ministry was promoting increased fish production through the aquaculture value chain.

This is in pursuance of the goal of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda of the Federal Government, he said

"The value chains are to create an enabling environment for increased and sustainable production of over one million tonnes of fish within the next four years, generate employment and pursue gradual reduction of fish imports," the minister said.

Adesina noted that the aquaculture value chain, under its four-year implementation plan, would increase the annual production of fingerlings in the country by 1.25 billion tonnes.

SOURCE: http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-will-soon-ban-fish-importation-minister/

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by weazley(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2013
nonsense, I thought frozen chicken was banned a couple of yrs bac? I just bought 2 kilos dis morning,

4 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by saintkola(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2013
Not a bad move tho..
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by nuceo: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2013
It will go a long way to boost the economy

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by iterator25: 8:31am On Aug 28, 2013
Heheheheheh... oiye don de finish grin
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by drnoel: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2013
weazley: nonsense, I thought frozen chicken was banned a couple of yrs bac? I just bought 2 kilos dis morning,
its no more imported but processed in Nigeria, or so I heard.

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Tolexander: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Make dem no ban the importation of shark o.

Jonathan has foresight. Trying to prepare a nice retirement after 2015 of course he is a fisherman. just like obasanjo is doing in his farm.

11 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by homesteady(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Tolexander: Make dem no ban the importation of shark o.

Whale and dolphin unko?
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2013
Who cares? Fish is more expensive than frozen chicken. Thank God for my neighbor who gives me fresh fish at no cost every week. He's a sailor BTW. cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2013
EWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So where will our Local fishermen see Icefish & Okporoko to catch in Nigeria?! angry

They had better not ban Sardine and Geisha o!! Na there Occupy Nigeria Part 2 go just start!! angry

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Uwakuwak(f): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
upon all the fishes we still import fake fish
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Doesnt affect my fish pepper soup, after all our local fresh fish is far better than the canned and iced fish. Nice step.
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by nickz(m): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
No fish importation for the main time #ALPHA BEACH TINS. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by ugoezeik(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
God l thank you ooooo, l wil start fishery biz now because very soon e go b hot cake like our crude oil. Wow l luv dis man called Jonathan die!

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by moscobabs(m): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Abi ko fe daa fun won ni? Abi den dey craz ni they want Ruin my life?? abi dey no know say na my own source of income bi dat ni?

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by koolet: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Fish wuld now become expensive I.e Competition wuld be there within fishermen diz days....

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by 190theclown: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
how wont they ban when there's a whale lying somewhere off the coast of nigeria

jeez that whale reach to feed the entire Kano and maiduguri for the next 6months
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by iamswizz(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by 190theclown: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Tolexander: Make dem no ban the importation of shark o.

sharks were never imported into nigeria bruv grin grin grin
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Babalegba(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Idiotic government, so now the poor will not be able to afford the only source of protein affordable to them.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by dridowu: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2013
I support
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by fingard02k(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2013
crayfish nko?

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by oubi: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2013
[size=14pt]Will soon....[/size]
All the time
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by cashkid18(m): 9:56am On Aug 28, 2013
End time tinZ
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by ddeola: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2013
A nation that cannot feed itself will always remain subservient to others

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by adanny01(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2013
weazley: nonsense, I thought frozen chicken was banned a couple of yrs bac? I just bought 2 kilos dis morning,

That is from Otta farm.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by bizfirst: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2013
Let it work for at least five years before you ban importation of fish and other aquatic consumables, Mr. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development. Remember, we are a nation that is rather too good, talkwise.
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by 76Naira(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2013
Always quick to declare the future!
Show the evidence first......Please.

Ban fish import.....because?(in my daughter's voice)....then a long hiss.
Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Symphony007: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2013
These are some of the things that really makes my blood boil. Just imagine the amount of fish, amatuer fishermen are producing, just imagine if they had modern fishing boats and trawlers, it is will produce more fish for us, some to exports, provide employment for the fishermen, the fisherment will get more money to spend, the more money they spend the better the ecobomy gets, the fishermen pay tax to the government, the government gets foreign exchange and internal revenue. The government is always talking about developing the economy, they don't know that one thing leads to another.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Longeria(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Who cares? Fish is more expensive than frozen chicken. Thank God for my neighbor who gives me fresh fish at no cost every week. He's a sailor BTW. cool
Hmm.@ no cost? A sailor gives you fish every week without collecting "THAT THING" from you?

Berem, look into my eyes and confess that you are a habitual liar.

10 Likes

Re: FG Will Soon Ban Fish Importation - Minister by Greatken007(m): 10:08am On Aug 28, 2013
MAKE UNA BAN AM FIRST BEFORE UNA ANNOUNCE AM....WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING''FG WILL SOON...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

100 Pictures Of Show Your Naäked Wife By Ipob/biafra S / Power Grid Record 206 Collapses In 9 Years, Foreign Funded Investment Hits N715B / Deletion Of Section 84(12): House Of Reps To Appeal Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.